It is currently 18 Apr 2024 23:19

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: 1997 S1 Lightning
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019 21:23 

Current ride: The wife
1stgarry wrote:
But I'm culling the herd this time. :)

I was always under the impression that a cull was to get rid of the weaker specimens and keep the best stock!

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019 01:45 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
:yt: :yup:

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019 13:21 

Current ride: Yr Mrs
03 wrote:
rik wrote:
03 wrote:
rik wrote:
1stgarry wrote:
Rik, been doing that for the last few years.
But I'm culling the herd this time. :)

That's a shame, Garry, you were one of the SE Posse originals from the turn of the century, along with Betty, Chris, Normie, that mad Italian (whose name momentarily escapes me), Lorna the Thong :P and a few others... if yours sells, it will be only me and Kev keeping tbe faith now!

What about Doug (S1NNER) he still hangs around on his Buell doesn't he? IIRC Doug was the very first member to post on our forum way back when I made the group virtual. You mean Giuseppe, (or Cristiano?). I remember the others, where's Lorna now? We never had enough female members. But I can't think who that particular Chris was?

You know, I'm sure we met, but I can't picture Doug :?
...but here's another name for you; Red Star lOl
That's him, Giuseppe the StoppyMaestro!
Cristiano; also mad in a nice way, his riding gear was anyone else's beach gear :sun:
Sorry, not Chris, I'm thinking of Roy... who had an S1WL.
And Happy Jack with his Duracell S1
And Steve from Guildford RIP :sad1:

Giuseppe's X1, the front end collapsed on him (broken top yoke, near the pinch bolt) failed soon after routine maintenance on the bike by Warrs. (I heard of a few similar failures there on S1 and X1's).

And, yes, Tim "red star" Holloway who was originally from near Watford but moved to Brighton and set up a HD customising shop. No idea what happened after that.

Cristiano still has his S1W and I understand from Giuseppe quite recently, he has it in his living room in Italy.

Funnily enough, I never really found Happy Jack to be so happy. He loved his Sherlock Holmes pipe, I recall. He is an accountant, suppose that explains a lot.

Cableman, yes, Steve RIP.

We lost quite a few over the years. Very sad, there but for the grace of god etc.....

Good lord, so many names from the past! I was out riding with RedStar and Giuseppe the day his front end of his X1 broke off, and left him in Palmers Green (iirc) only a few minutes before it happened - he was in a bad way for quite a while, and sadly we kinda lost touch after that, and I think his own life became a bit more complicated after that too. RedStar was the person who fitted my Mikuni all that time ago in Brighton/Hove, such a long time ago - a really likeable man, albeit that he and Maz fell out - fair play. Cristiano was the most exceptional guy - I remember him turning up on his S1WL at the foot of St Paul's Cathedral, straight through exhaust, wearing a 'flouncy' open white shirt - the Plod everywhere around, and he just smiled and parked up on the first step. That guy had style, and many girls, iirc he was a Corporate Lawyer in Banking, and took a fairly relaxed attitude to it - lot of fun.

If I do remember at all, was Roy the one with the blue S1? Something memorable about the paint job, even if I don't remember what..... long time ago. Happy Jack was great, and man of substance - although iirc he encountered a few personal problems around the time he wandered away from Buelldom. Then of course there's the likes of Betty Swallocks, Norm - and 1stGarry and Mr Shakeshaft himself, an Alison (the original Matron) - so many folks to have met out on the road all that time ago, in what now feels like the early days. Getting on for 20 years ago, which is really really odd to think about!

(now I think about it, it would probably appropriate to apologise again to 1stGarry for damaging your wooden floor in your house, when part of the Abba Stand you sold me fell off as I carried it out - there again, if I am confusing you with someone else, apology rescinded!).

All so long ago, from a time when it was all fairly new, I was in my 30s then....... and there must be other names I am forgetting....

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 10:36 

Current ride: M2 Razorback
I may have a pic of Roy on track with his S1 somewhere...
Two more names of Southern Softies that we knew back then:
Gary from Southampton, red S1
Stan from Soberton (near Waterlooville), yellow X1

This has turned into one of the best thread hijacks ever! (soz Gaz lOl )

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 12:06 

Current ride: Not a Buell
Stan was an OK guy, he sold his Buell for a Suzuki GSX1400.
Gary is still around I believe, posts up occasionally on the FB version.

I remember some of the Southern ride-outs with the herd of symphonious (is that a word?) Buells blasting around the southern counties. Great days.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 17:36 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Garry , for f**ks sake stop tempting me lOl lOl lOl lOl

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 21:27 

An S1 is definitely missing from your collection Kev.
Anyway, got a chap coming to see it tomorrow, so the agony might not last much longer for you lOl

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 21:41 
Site Admin

....but Kev already has a fully' Mazzed' S1 :?

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 22:01 

But not listed on his tagline.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019 22:41 

Current ride: S1`s
You can never have enough Buells . :here: Fullstop

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019 12:18 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
1stgarry wrote:

I need to update that , when I work out how to do it :D You can never have too many Buells though and that one of yours does look very nice 8-)

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019 13:04 

Thanks Kev :yup:

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019 22:57 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
kevmean wrote:
1stgarry wrote:

I need to update that , when I work out how to do it :D You can never have too many Buells though and that one of yours does look very nice 8-)

so you could have a his and her's S1 in your stable :idea: :yup:

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019 18:55 

Is this still for sale Gary?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019 19:42 

s1nner wrote:
03 wrote:
rik wrote:
03 wrote:
rik wrote:
That's a shame, Garry, you were one of the SE Posse originals from the turn of the century, along with Betty, Chris, Normie, that mad Italian (whose name momentarily escapes me), Lorna the Thong :P and a few others... if yours sells, it will be only me and Kev keeping tbe faith now!

What about Doug (S1NNER) he still hangs around on his Buell doesn't he? IIRC Doug was the very first member to post on our forum way back when I made the group virtual. You mean Giuseppe, (or Cristiano?). I remember the others, where's Lorna now? We never had enough female members. But I can't think who that particular Chris was?

You know, I'm sure we met, but I can't picture Doug :?
...but here's another name for you; Red Star lOl
That's him, Giuseppe the StoppyMaestro!
Cristiano; also mad in a nice way, his riding gear was anyone else's beach gear :sun:
Sorry, not Chris, I'm thinking of Roy... who had an S1WL.
And Happy Jack with his Duracell S1
And Steve from Guildford RIP :sad1:

Giuseppe's X1, the front end collapsed on him (broken top yoke, near the pinch bolt) failed soon after routine maintenance on the bike by Warrs. (I heard of a few similar failures there on S1 and X1's).

And, yes, Tim "red star" Holloway who was originally from near Watford but moved to Brighton and set up a HD customising shop. No idea what happened after that.

Cristiano still has his S1W and I understand from Giuseppe quite recently, he has it in his living room in Italy.

Funnily enough, I never really found Happy Jack to be so happy. He loved his Sherlock Holmes pipe, I recall. He is an accountant, suppose that explains a lot.

Cableman, yes, Steve RIP.

We lost quite a few over the years. Very sad, there but for the grace of god etc.....

Good lord, so many names from the past! I was out riding with RedStar and Giuseppe the day his front end of his X1 broke off, and left him in Palmers Green (iirc) only a few minutes before it happened - he was in a bad way for quite a while, and sadly we kinda lost touch after that, and I think his own life became a bit more complicated after that too. RedStar was the person who fitted my Mikuni all that time ago in Brighton/Hove, such a long time ago - a really likeable man, albeit that he and Maz fell out - fair play. Cristiano was the most exceptional guy - I remember him turning up on his S1WL at the foot of St Paul's Cathedral, straight through exhaust, wearing a 'flouncy' open white shirt - the Plod everywhere around, and he just smiled and parked up on the first step. That guy had style, and many girls, iirc he was a Corporate Lawyer in Banking, and took a fairly relaxed attitude to it - lot of fun.

If I do remember at all, was Roy the one with the blue S1? Something memorable about the paint job, even if I don't remember what..... long time ago. Happy Jack was great, and man of substance - although iirc he encountered a few personal problems around the time he wandered away from Buelldom. Then of course there's the likes of Betty Swallocks, Norm - and 1stGarry and Mr Shakeshaft himself, an Alison (the original Matron) - so many folks to have met out on the road all that time ago, in what now feels like the early days. Getting on for 20 years ago, which is really really odd to think about!

(now I think about it, it would probably appropriate to apologise again to 1stGarry for damaging your wooden floor in your house, when part of the Abba Stand you sold me fell off as I carried it out - there again, if I am confusing you with someone else, apology rescinded!).

All so long ago, from a time when it was all fairly new, I was in my 30s then....... and there must be other names I am forgetting....

Fuck me, you have some recall there......They were good times, I was late to the party, but I made it for the supermodels and White Horsery…...It was the White Horse was it not? Spectacular array of people from all aspects of life, thrown together to create a most interesting mix.

I still remember George the German fucking off on his GS.....We had a meal in a restaurant in London somewhere when he went......Or is my brain playing tricks?