Last visit was: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 pm It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 327
Current ride: 2006(55) XB12X
Location: Leeds
I had a need to buy a new front Injector but XB Injectors no longer available at Riders :o
Apparently were around £120 each.
Alternatives prohibitively expensive at Twin Motorcycles (circa 190 euros each)
Found sets on sale at St Paul's (https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buell.myshopify.com/products/buell-fuel-injector-set-all-04-10-xb-models-u10c) so ordered an extra set.
Yours for £180 incl postage.

_________________
Buell owners should be committed ;-)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1045
Current ride: Buell 1125R
delw wrote:
I had a need to buy a new front Injector but XB Injectors no longer available at Riders :o
Apparently were around £120 each.
Alternatives prohibitively expensive at Twin Motorcycles (circa 190 euros each)
Found sets on sale at St Paul's (https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buell.myshopify.com/products/buell-fuel-injector-set-all-04-10-xb-models-u10c) so ordered an extra set.
Yours for £180 incl postage.


Couldn't you find any low mileage 2nd hand ones, I got a pair for my 1125r with 4,000 on the clock for £28 each also got 2 Plug coils for £35 for quick change ready spares .
Just an Idea Delw.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2615
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
delw "Yours for £180 incl postage" hows about the Import duty , VAT ?? :headbang: :sad1:

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 327
Current ride: 2006(55) XB12X
Location: Leeds
barney wrote:
delw "Yours for £180 incl postage" hows about the Import duty , VAT ?? :headbang: :sad1:



Import Duty, Postage from USA, etc already included in the offered price.

_________________
Buell owners should be committed ;-)


Last edited by delw on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 327
Current ride: 2006(55) XB12X
Location: Leeds
Jazzbutcher wrote:
delw wrote:
I had a need to buy a new front Injector but XB Injectors no longer available at Riders :o
Apparently were around £120 each.
Alternatives prohibitively expensive at Twin Motorcycles (circa 190 euros each)
Found sets on sale at St Paul's (https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buell.myshopify.com/products/buell-fuel-injector-set-all-04-10-xb-models-u10c) so ordered an extra set.
Yours for £180 incl postage.


Couldn't you find any low mileage 2nd hand ones, I got a pair for my 1125r with 4,000 on the clock for £28 each also got 2 Plug coils for £35 for quick change ready spares .
Just an Idea Delw.


I considered getting them cleaned/re-conditioned. The advice from :maz: was get new.
Yes there's some available from breakers but as comments on here go, even clean, low mileage Buell's aren't without their issues.

_________________
Buell owners should be committed ;-)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1045
Current ride: Buell 1125R
delw wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
delw wrote:
I had a need to buy a new front Injector but XB Injectors no longer available at Riders :o
Apparently were around £120 each.
Alternatives prohibitively expensive at Twin Motorcycles (circa 190 euros each)
Found sets on sale at St Paul's (https://st-paul-harley-davidson-buell.myshopify.com/products/buell-fuel-injector-set-all-04-10-xb-models-u10c) so ordered an extra set.
Yours for £180 incl postage.


Couldn't you find any low mileage 2nd hand ones, I got a pair for my 1125r with 4,000 on the clock for £28 each also got 2 Plug coils for £35 for quick change ready spares .
Just an Idea Delw.


I considered getting them cleaned/re-conditioned. The advice from :maz: was get new.
Yes there's some available from breakers but as comments on here go, even clean, low mileage Buell's aren't without their issues.


Yeah, can't fault the advice, just the price.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
 [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited