It is currently 29 Mar 2024 01:24

All times are UTC

Post subject: EEprom original tunefile
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2018 18:15 

Current ride: Lightening xb12s
Has anybody an original eeprom tune file for an xb12s with DDF13 ECM. Yes, after all warnings I managed to lose the original.
To save anyone potentially doing the same, after saving it to the file manager in android, ( DON"T RELY ON IT STAYING THERE )
Email it to another device, save it elsewhere, make as many copies as you can!!!!
I'ts a pain really, I loaded a pre made file from Buelltooth for a Jardine RT1 exhaust, the bike never run so sweet before, its only when I tried running open loop when it all went wrong! and found no original file to return to.
Thanks

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018 06:20 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
What firmware version?

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2018 22:21 

It's BUEOD. It's odd, because the bike is a 2007, the engine is the later Thunderstorm 1200, and Buelltooth informed me, with this file type, it's a 2008 model!
As you know Buelltooth have a number of pre made tune files suitable for different after market exhausts. They didn't recognise mine, which is an SGI ( stainless ), have you heard of it? Anyhow, I picked their Jardine RT1 because it looked similar in size, and had one outlet pipe the same as my own.
To be honest the bike previously didn't run that bad, a little irritating at 30mph, but out of town that disappeared, more so was at about 50mph - 62mph, where it felt as though it needed more fuel. I followed all the tutorial, loaded the Jardine file, and hey, those issues all sorted!!
1) start up and tick over good
2) Throttle response good
3) No popping on the over-run
4) A good return to idle when blipping the throttle
The AFV to begin with was 75.2%, I set the AFV to 100%, after a 270 mile run it was back down to 75%, I think the closed loop learn had done this. I then tried their recommended procedure to run open loop ,without purchasing their recommended Baro Kit initially. The bike started , but is now unrideable, the tick over moving at will between 1000rpm, and 1300rpm, so on the road it lurches forward the falls back. I couldn't believe it when the original file was not in the android file manager anymore! I have removed and replaced the spark plugs, 1 1/2 hours! the old ones show a good colour indicating a good burning mixture.
You've surely guessed I have limited knowledge about computer tuning, but what I fail to understand is that ,if a new tune file loaded, completely overwrites the previous one, why then when I reloaded the Jardine file, which I do have the original copy of, and I know the bike run well with it, did it not rectify the problem?
I welcome your advice,
Cheers
Nick Davies.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2018 09:00 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
did you reset the AFV after reloading file , then take for a long run for closed loop to do its thing ?
also TPS reset might help . although with a 75%AFV reading when ok ,sounds if maps a little on the rich side
downside could be that you developed an air leak/sensor error and are chasing/ blaming the wrong thing ?
think you might need to run it and get a log file for one of the ECMSPY masters :worthy: to exam

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2018 16:55 
proff. patpending

I don’t think running open loop is a good idea. If your AFV is 75 then you either have:
1. A very bad map
2. A very high fuel pressure
3. A faulty O2 sensor
4. A faulty loom
5. A faulty ECM

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2018 19:52 
Site Admin

....or fucked injectors !

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2018 20:17 
proff. patpending

I don’t think running open loop is a good idea. If your AFV is 75 then you either have:
1. A very bad map
3. A faulty O2 sensor
4. A faulty loom
5. A faulty ECM
6. Fucked injections (thanks :maz: )

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018 16:32 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
... and (7) buggy firmware (zero series DDFI-3 aka BUEOD)

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018 17:09 
proff. patpending

1. A very bad map
3. A faulty O2 sensor
4. A faulty loom
5. A faulty ECM
6. Fucked injections (thanks :maz: )
7. Buggy firmware AKA BUEOD (thanks :Gunter:)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2018 00:15 

Update,
Thanks for all your advice, took the android pad to a local computer shop just to check I hadn't looked everywhere for the lost original tunefile, but he couldn't find it, and suspects it was overwritten!
The AFV was 75% before I started messing with with it, so that indicates it did need looking at. Think I'll check the O2 sensor first, will they clean up, or are they sensitive to being ragged about?
I"ve asked the question, and the Dealers seem to think 1/2 hours labour will be the cost to re-flash the ECU to factory settings. Fuck it, before doing that I might aswell mess about with it, nothing to lose now!