Last visit was: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 am It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1618 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 9177
Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
Location: southampton
edd wrote:
Is that a record player as designed by Terry Pratchet? ;)


TP :worthy: :worthy:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 2332
Current ride: XB9SX
x1glider wrote:
edd wrote:
Oh yes! The humble Planar 3 would probably wipe the floor with a B&O deck, arm pivots or not. Tracking just gets better when arms are engineered to start with! The Rega stylus geometry is built in to the arm and cartridge interface. ;) Projects are equally well engineered, but not as simple to set up and play. 8-)


I would love to see innovation in how the cartridge mounts. You know, so it could pivot side to side so the elliptical diamond tip can self align with the grooves.


I think that’s what unipivot arms do to a degree anyway, and maybe why some swear by them for ease of listening. Ask Paul on this one!

I don’t think you’d notice any serious tracking problems with an Elys. It may be elliptical, but not as critical or fussy about alignment or record condition as an FG or fine line profile you get with the more expensive Rega Exact. The stylus and cantilever is often the only difference in a cartridge product range. Holding the cartridge absolutely rigid on the arm is what enhances the resolution and dynamics. The Rega MMs also have fixed stylus cantilevers and are renewed on an exchange basis like MCs. The cost differences on exchange are similar to the replacement cost of better MMs detatchable stylii anyway.

I’d love to watch the master sword maker who fine tunes Koetsu Urushi MCs in Japan......l forget his name, but he took over from his father who was also a master sword maker. Brings a whole new meaning to ‘cutting’ a master disc! lOl


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 483
Current ride: Buell 1125R
x1glider wrote:
edd wrote:
Oh yes! The humble Planar 3 would probably wipe the floor with a B&O deck, arm pivots or not. Tracking just gets better when arms are engineered to start with! The Rega stylus geometry is built in to the arm and cartridge interface. ;) Projects are equally well engineered, but not as simple to set up and play. 8-)


I would love to see innovation in how the cartridge mounts. You know, so it could pivot side to side so the elliptical diamond tip can self align with the grooves.


I'm pretty sure unipivot arms deal with self aligning the stylus.
This freedom for the stylus was what I was looking for with the Radius V & Nima Arm.
You manually set the azimuth, I used a laser across the top of the headshell.
The unipivot arm then allows the movement you seem to be describing as the arm is sat on a single spike and the whole thing has freedom of movement to follow the grooves as it likes.

All the best Paul.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 2332
Current ride: XB9SX
x1glider wrote:
edd wrote:
Well the Rega Planar 3 with RB300 is ‘real’ hi fi on a budget, so a starter deck! The ION thing is not even a starter in my book. Sorry no disrespect, but I’ve looked at the arm bearings! :yc:

Also the OM10 is definitely the wrong side of budget to get any serious resolution! :roll:

Honestly setting up a Rega is easy when you look at it, just logical, and it will probably sound more musical than the cheaper Projects. But don’t take my word for it. If in doubt just take it to a Rega trained dealer to fit and set up a cartridge. ;)

No disrespect taken. I know it's a POS all around and sounds like it. And the OM10 is bottom of the barrel. What I have now isn't even in the barrel. It's next to the dumpster.

I took a quick look. New Planar 3 with a 303 arm can be had for 800 USD but no cartridge. I'll check flea-bay but will still weigh out if 30 records I care about to be worth the expense. Unless....

if you have a good internet source for purchasing heavy vinyl for future purchases.

But I yes, I'd get a pro to set it up and teach me for sure. Thanks.



Just been looking at ‘The Sound Org’ In Dallas near you. Looks like a little corner of England and Rega or Bust! lOl Very professional image from the pictures and obviously fans of Roy Gandy. I’ve not seen that level of commitment from dealers here, although my old dealer at MAX supports the brand well.

Shame there appears little to compare products with except other Rega items. I would probably mix the turntables with amps and speakers from different makers. Still worth a visit if l was near. ;)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 2332
Current ride: XB9SX
x1glider wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Hi Xglider,

I have a great collection of 60s & 70s stuff & pen drives are for the purpose of sharing, If you would perhaps like mention a few, I could send you some already done if I have them.
Whether Trump will tax it not on entry to the USA I can't say, seems to tax everything else.

All the best Paul.


I'll dig through my LP collection. I need to make a list anyway, in case I want to replace with CD. So thanks for the offer and I'll let you know. I know I have a couple things out of print too.

I wouldn't worry about taxation, Trump's working hard to lower taxes everywhere he can and is dong well at it. He doesn't believe in government handouts and socialism. He believes if you want something in life, get off your ass and work hard for it. It's the other side who wants to steal and give away my hard earned money to everyone else who doesn't want to work for it or didn't apply themselves to be better due to their personal choices in life.

It's tax at the state and local levels that are higher than ever due to the powers-that-be continually wanting to grow in size of government and population in their district and ever increasing school tax and property tax. Growth is overrated. There's way too many people coming to my area and new housing has quadrupled in price the last 10 years. The Federal level isn't the problem. Trump is trying to fix things from the top down. But it's hard when everyone below him is making decisions based on greed and distributing the wealth to those who don't deserve it because they're lazy and made poor decisions. I worked hard to get where I am today. My wife and family too. If my money is going somewhere, I'd like to pick what charity it goes to myself. Which is how 99% of social programs should be, charities, not mandated taxation programs.

He's made some hard decisions and had to overcome a lot of deliberate obstacles but has been a tremendous help to the USA but liberal media here are a big bunch of entitled screaming crybabies with the loudest voice and they won't allow anyone to hear all the good things he's done so far. Which is literally 10X more than Obama ever did in his whole 8 years. He has 30 years of greed to undo since Clinton became president. Hopefully you get more than the liberal news of the USA where you are. That shit is severely tainted with falsehoods and negative propaganda.

Ok, enough politics in our otherwise stellar non-motorcycle thread! 8-)


It’s refreshing to read other views about Trump. It’s not much different with our liberal elite here. We seem to be forgetting why we are in this mess. Few of our MPs wanted Brexit and the rest are only interested in their own political careers. The EU are not going to let us hit the ground running with global trade deals unless they nail one of our feet to the floor. They are terrified we will be more successful than member states, and possibly trigger other exits? Shame our PM seems to have allowed herself to believe all the BS. :roll:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 483
Current ride: Buell 1125R
edd wrote:
x1glider wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Hi Xglider,

I have a great collection of 60s & 70s stuff & pen drives are for the purpose of sharing, If you would perhaps like mention a few, I could send you some already done if I have them.
Whether Trump will tax it not on entry to the USA I can't say, seems to tax everything else.

All the best Paul.


I'll dig through my LP collection. I need to make a list anyway, in case I want to replace with CD. So thanks for the offer and I'll let you know. I know I have a couple things out of print too.

I wouldn't worry about taxation, Trump's working hard to lower taxes everywhere he can and is dong well at it. He doesn't believe in government handouts and socialism. He believes if you want something in life, get off your ass and work hard for it. It's the other side who wants to steal and give away my hard earned money to everyone else who doesn't want to work for it or didn't apply themselves to be better due to their personal choices in life.

It's tax at the state and local levels that are higher than ever due to the powers-that-be continually wanting to grow in size of government and population in their district and ever increasing school tax and property tax. Growth is overrated. There's way too many people coming to my area and new housing has quadrupled in price the last 10 years. The Federal level isn't the problem. Trump is trying to fix things from the top down. But it's hard when everyone below him is making decisions based on greed and distributing the wealth to those who don't deserve it because they're lazy and made poor decisions. I worked hard to get where I am today. My wife and family too. If my money is going somewhere, I'd like to pick what charity it goes to myself. Which is how 99% of social programs should be, charities, not mandated taxation programs.

He's made some hard decisions and had to overcome a lot of deliberate obstacles but has been a tremendous help to the USA but liberal media here are a big bunch of entitled screaming crybabies with the loudest voice and they won't allow anyone to hear all the good things he's done so far. Which is literally 10X more than Obama ever did in his whole 8 years. He has 30 years of greed to undo since Clinton became president. Hopefully you get more than the liberal news of the USA where you are. That shit is severely tainted with falsehoods and negative propaganda.

Ok, enough politics in our otherwise stellar non-motorcycle thread! 8-)


It’s refreshing to read other views about Trump. It’s not much different with our liberal elite here. We seem to be forgetting why we are in this mess. Few of our MPs wanted Brexit and the rest are only interested in their own political careers. The EU are not going to let us hit the ground running with global trade deals unless they nail one of our feet to the floor. They are terrified we will be more successful than member states, and possibly trigger other exits? Shame our PM seems to have allowed herself to believe all the BS. :roll:


Wish I hadn't mentioned tax,

Space, time, reality, I'll take a chance on anything but politics.

By the way I was talking to another member "Eric" who is seriously into Hi Fi at Sproutfest.

C'mon Eric from Scotland, you're on.

All the best Paul.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 2332
Current ride: XB9SX
Just letting off a little steam Paul, no thread hi-jack. lOl

C’mon Eric! ;)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 pm
Posts: 1421
Current ride: Can-Am V-twin
Location: Biggar, Scotland
So, where do we start? I believe the best advice is, start at the beginning and carry on till you reach the end.... so I’ll start in the middle!

At the end of the 90’s I went to a dinner, taking a free ticket that my boss couldn’t use. I was sat 3 places away from William Hague, opposite the very lively, and rather charming Ffion Hague and surrounded by various members of the Cristian Salvasen and Miller Homes clans, and one Ivor Tiefenbrun, inventor of the legendary LP12 and founder and Chairman of Linn HiFi.

There was plenty of chat, but Alister Salvesen piped up with so, "is your stuff as good as Bang and Oulfson?” Now, Ivor isn’t shy, but he hesitated to reply and little old my chipped in with “B&O was all about style and trying to screw as much money out of you as possible, when Linn was all about the sound. If that meant huge boxes or tiny uninspiring speakers, if that’s what the sound demands, that’s what they sell.” I’m not sure that’s still true, but it was then.

I knew about Linn because my brother had an LP12/Ekos/Troika, LK1, LK2, Epos (somethings) and it sounded great. Anyway, long story/short (medium length anyway) he invited me out to the factory and I ended up with a Linn system (Genki CD, Kollektor pre, LK85 amp and Ninka speakers for a discount that was literally a gift. It was all ‘ex-demo’, but came in new boxes with a full five year warranty and I had to wait 6 weeks for the speakers to be made! In the meantime I was given a pair of Katens.

A few years later I was in the Linn factory and popped up to see Ivor. It was a big day as they were pouring the floor for their extension that doubled the size of the place. So, I said to him that I was about to buy a Rega turntable when he asked why I’d do that. “Well”, I said “there’s no way I could afford an LP12, and you don’t make your Basik any more.” He walked over to his sales people and said “we still make Basik, don’t we?” “No Ivor, we stopped that years ago.”

He turned back to me and said, “well, we’ll just have to give you an LP12 then!” As they’d closed their retail outlets by then, he sent me to Russ Andrews HiFi in Edinburgh (founded by RA, but sold long before to ‘Dave’ and now, sadly closed) when there I discovered that, at that time, they only ade the Lingo (no letter K!) power supply, so that’s what I got! I bought Linn’s ‘budget’ arm and cartridge and I added another LK12 and bi-amped the set-up.

I’ve since added Aktiv cards, up-graded the speaker cables and eventually added a Sizemik sub. Clearly it’s all Linn, and that means it may or may not be the best, but it’s a system that’s cost me around three grand, but should have cost ten. So, I’m pretty sure it’s the best system you could ever buy for £3K!

But, that’s not where I stared. As a teenager, my brother and I badgered our mother to buy an Akai Pro503 rack system. To us, this was ‘state-of-the-art’ and sounded phenomenal. Certainly, relative to anything we had headed till then, it was a huge leap forward. A few years later my brother bought a Rega, then a pretty basic (pre Valhalla) LP12. The die was cast!

My first ‘hifi’ was a car stereo head, wired up to a 240v transformer with sellotape insulation and a pair of huge car speakers. Tapes only! I got married in 88 an my brother offered to buy me a HiFi with a £600 budget. I went a little over, and spent months choosing by listening and comparing. I ended up going down the CD route an got a Marrantz CD65SE, an A&R Cambridge AR60 and some Monitor Audio R300MDs. I nicked the Akai turntable from my mum, and that was my system till I met Ivor.

I’ve sent some effort with tuning, like adding target speaker stands and loading the with sand fo the R300s, adding polymer bases to the Ninkas, better leads, spikes, isolator plinths etc., but both equally real biggy was going active! The difference was night and day. I’ve been tellin myself that a third amp would perfect it, but there’s always something else tha needs my money more... or so I’m told!

So why do all this? I love music and hate HiFi. I mean, I want to hear the music, not the HiFi. I want the machinery to be a clear, transparent window on the music. If I could build the whole thing in to a cupboard and vever see the thing, I’d not miss it, except my Ninkas in beautiful cherry wood veneer and the matching sub. But, I’d make room for my brother’s Isobariks, if I thought theyd sound better, and I could afford them and their multiple amps.

In terms of music, I have very eclectic taste. My favourites include ‘And the glory of the Lord’ Handel’s Messiah, Mahler’s 2nd symphony (resurrection), most of Dylan’s repertoire,many Dylan covers (Anjelik Kijo’s Lay Lady Lay is worth finding!), Lou Reed, his wife, Laurie Anderson and her recent collaborator, Phillip Glass. Talking Heads (I saw David Byrn’s American Utopia show in October), Janice Joplin (I love Pearl), The Doors, a lot of punk from The Plasmatics and Zounds, through the more obvious (Clash, Rats, Damned etc.) to the later Pixies (I love Surfer Rosa) etc. My most prized album is ‘Friday Night In San Francisco’ by Al Dimiola, Paco De Lucia and John McGlochlan... sublime! The ones I marvel at are my 180grm Billie Holiday discs an my most bought is Meat Loaf’s ‘Bat out of Hell’ (red vinyl, pic disc, different labels, sleeves etc.). My favourite current bands are Eels and the Be Good Tanyas.

The future? I put all my CDs in to apple lossless and stored them on a NAS. I play them through a Sonos thing. It’s very convenient, but sounds crap. My plan is to get a Linn streamer, but I never have he money, so I should buy a better, not too expensive DAC.

OK, so that’s HiFi, for 32 years I’ve been a financial adviser, and, currently, I’m a politician as a county councillor in Scotland’s 5th largest authority with almost £1bn in my budget, which would you like next money or politics? I do religion as well, but most of my religious experience dates from a period in my youth when I was shagging a church organist.... my she could play an organ! I’m now a born again, evangelical aetheist.

_________________
Insomniacs of the world unite, you've nothing to lose but your sleep!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 pm
Posts: 1421
Current ride: Can-Am V-twin
Location: Biggar, Scotland
edd wrote:
Just letting off a little steam Paul, no thread hi-jack. lOl

C’mon Eric! ;)


I can’t type too fast!

_________________
Insomniacs of the world unite, you've nothing to lose but your sleep!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 483
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Fat Crip wrote:
So, where do we start? I believe the best advice is, start at the beginning and carry on till you reach the end.... so I’ll start in the middle!

At the end of the 90’s I went to a dinner, taking a free ticket that my boss couldn’t use. I was sat 3 places away from William Hague, opposite the very lively, and rather charming Ffion Hague and surrounded by various members of the Cristian Salvasen and Miller Homes clans, and one Ivor Tiefenbrun, inventor of the legendary LP12 and founder and Chairman of Linn HiFi.

There was plenty of chat, but Alister Salvesen piped up with so, "is your stuff as good as Bang and Oulfson?” Now, Ivor isn’t shy, but he hesitated to reply and little old my chipped in with “B&O was all about style and trying to screw as much money out of you as possible, when Linn was all about the sound. If that meant huge boxes or tiny uninspiring speakers, if that’s what the sound demands, that’s what they sell.” I’m not sure that’s still true, but it was then.

I knew about Linn because my brother had an LP12/Ekos/Troika, LK1, LK2, Epos (somethings) and it sounded great. Anyway, long story/short (medium length anyway) he invited me out to the factory and I ended up with a Linn system (Genki CD, Kollektor pre, LK85 amp and Ninka speakers for a discount that was literally a gift. It was all ‘ex-demo’, but came in new boxes with a full five year warranty and I had to wait 6 weeks for the speakers to be made! In the meantime I was given a pair of Katens.

A few years later I was in the Linn factory and popped up to see Ivor. It was a big day as they were pouring the floor for their extension that doubled the size of the place. So, I said to him that I was about to buy a Rega turntable when he asked why I’d do that. “Well”, I said “there’s no way I could afford an LP12, and you don’t make your Basik any more.” He walked over to his sales people and said “we still make Basik, don’t we?” “No Ivor, we stopped that years ago.”

He turned back to me and said, “well, we’ll just have to give you an LP12 then!” As they’d closed their retail outlets by then, he sent me to Russ Andrews HiFi in Edinburgh (founded by RA, but sold long before to ‘Dave’ and now, sadly closed) when there I discovered that, at that time, they only ade the Lingo (no letter K!) power supply, so that’s what I got! I bought Linn’s ‘budget’ arm and cartridge and I added another LK12 and bi-amped the set-up.

I’ve since added Aktiv cards, up-graded the speaker cables and eventually added a Sizemik sub. Clearly it’s all Linn, and that means it may or may not be the best, but it’s a system that’s cost me around three grand, but should have cost ten. So, I’m pretty sure it’s the best system you could ever buy for £3K!

But, that’s not where I stared. As a teenager, my brother and I badgered our mother to buy an Akai Pro503 rack system. To us, this was ‘state-of-the-art’ and sounded phenomenal. Certainly, relative to anything we had headed till then, it was a huge leap forward. A few years later my brother bought a Rega, then a pretty basic (pre Valhalla) LP12. The die was cast!

My first ‘hifi’ was a car stereo head, wired up to a 240v transformer with sellotape insulation and a pair of huge car speakers. Tapes only! I got married in 88 an my brother offered to buy me a HiFi with a £600 budget. I went a little over, and spent months choosing by listening and comparing. I ended up going down the CD route an got a Marrantz CD65SE, an A&R Cambridge AR60 and some Monitor Audio R300MDs. I nicked the Akai turntable from my mum, and that was my system till I met Ivor.

I’ve sent some effort with tuning, like adding target speaker stands and loading the with sand fo the R300s, adding polymer bases to the Ninkas, better leads, spikes, isolator plinths etc., but both equally real biggy was going active! The difference was night and day. I’ve been tellin myself that a third amp would perfect it, but there’s always something else tha needs my money more... or so I’m told!

So why do all this? I love music and hate HiFi. I mean, I want to hear the music, not the HiFi. I want the machinery to be a clear, transparent window on the music. If I could build the whole thing in to a cupboard and vever see the thing, I’d not miss it, except my Ninkas in beautiful cherry wood veneer and the matching sub. But, I’d make room for my brother’s Isobariks, if I thought theyd sound better, and I could afford them and their multiple amps.

In terms of music, I have very eclectic taste. My favourites include ‘And the glory of the Lord’ Handel’s Messiah, Mahler’s 2nd symphony (resurrection), most of Dylan’s repertoire,many Dylan covers (Anjelik Kijo’s Lay Lady Lay is worth finding!), Lou Reed, his wife, Laurie Anderson and her recent collaborator, Phillip Glass. Talking Heads (I saw David Byrn’s American Utopia show in October), Janice Joplin (I love Pearl), The Doors, a lot of punk from The Plasmatics and Zounds, through the more obvious (Clash, Rats, Damned etc.) to the later Pixies (I love Surfer Rosa) etc. My most prized album is ‘Friday Night In San Francisco’ by Al Dimiola, Paco De Lucia and John McGlochlan... sublime! The ones I marvel at are my 180grm Billie Holiday discs an my most bought is Meat Loaf’s ‘Bat out of Hell’ (red vinyl, pic disc, different labels, sleeves etc.). My favourite current bands are Eels and the Be Good Tanyas.

The future? I put all my CDs in to apple lossless and stored them on a NAS. I play them through a Sonos thing. It’s very convenient, but sounds crap. My plan is to get a Linn streamer, but I never have he money, so I should buy a better, not too expensive DAC.

OK, so that’s HiFi, for 32 years I’ve been a financial adviser, and, currently, I’m a politician as a county councillor in Scotland’s 5th largest authority with almost £1bn in my budget, which would you like next money or politics? I do religion as well, but most of my religious experience dates from a period in my youth when I was shagging a church organist.... my she could play an organ! I’m now a born again, evangelical aetheist.


Nice one Eric, glad to have you in the thread. I seem to remember you told me the floor was boarded stone as well. That sounded like a great system last night over the noise of Party cannons, Squealer balloons & peashooters being set of all around us. Sounds even better now.

So what do you reckon then Edd & x1glider?

Wish it was yours, I do.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 2332
Current ride: XB9SX
Sounds like a heart warming story. Sorry we met before, but l didn’t recall your name Eric. :oooops:

Sure you could possibly have spent weeks or months tweaking the choice of components to the nth degree, but Linn can put together complete systems in a one stop shop! ;)

A colleague of mine had a similar system some years ago. He bought some big Castle speakers in a sale because he liked them then built a Linn system around them, not the recommended way to go about things, but it worked. He bought a used LK1 & 2, then found an LP12 which had been re-plinthed and Lingo’d with an ancient Ittok fitted with an Arkiv MC. It was one of the best LP12s l’d heard and the amp and speakers worked well. Finding a good enough CD player was the problem.

He invited me to attend some auditions, then he borrowed no less than five players varying from £800 to £1600 from a couple of dealers. That seemed to be a dead zone for CD at that time, each player had good points let down by others. Then he was recommended the Linn Ikimi by one dealer at £2000. It seemed to tick all the boxes so he bought that new! That impressed me as I’d never spent close to £1k on hi fi at any one time. ;)

I don’t know where the Genky fits into the range. You could always find an old Ittok arm for your LP12 if you haven’t already.......and if it fits the balance of the rest of the system. Ittoks are climbing in price on flea bay. :?

Cheers edd


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 483
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Fat Crip wrote:
edd wrote:
Just letting off a little steam Paul, no thread hi-jack. lOl

C’mon Eric! ;)


I can’t type too fast!


Hi Eric,

I'm really interested in the transparency you mentioned, can you talk more about that if you don't mind?

I like the fact that you're not into Hi Fi, despite having all of the kit you have & the fact that it's about not hearing the Hi Fi & more about the MUSIC.

I'm a real fan of that philosophy.

I've just started a new thread to try & simplify Hi Fi for others who may be interested in Music but feel out of their depth & don't get involved because we're off on one talking about components. Just an idea but perhaps you may like to have a look & contribute in that thread also.

The new thread may bring others in who are interested & be a bit more inclusive if we keep it a bit more grounded I'm hoping.

All the best Paul.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 9177
Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
Location: southampton
..& i have just locked it , right this is getting ridiculous
we have 14 plus pages of stereo chat, keep it in one place please.
just as the jokes/YouTube is all in one thread
.

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 2332
Current ride: XB9SX
I thought l WAS grounded as a fully paid up member of the ‘flat earth society’. lOl


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4582
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
Nutah wrote:
..& i have just locked it , right this is getting ridiculous
we have 14 plus pages of stereo chat, keep it in one place please.
just as the jokes/YouTube is all in one thread
.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
 [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1618 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited