Last visit was: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:41 am It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 18 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:20 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 481
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Nutah wrote:
..& i have just locked it , right this is getting ridiculous
we have 14 plus pages of stereo chat, keep it in one place please.
just as the jokes/YouTube is all in one thread
.


Ok.

I get it.

Boring for 95% of the user group.

You're correct, I'm pretty sure people don't log on to a Buell site to read about Hi Fi, or Physics.

My sincere apologies again.

Buell stuff only from now on ok.

All the best Paul.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 9177
Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
Location: southampton
so as the home page says...

"Social

Off topic discussion and chat, registered forum members access only."

so everything else, (even your gramophone chatter ) but not Buell stuff is what it's for no problem :yup:

simple :mrgreen:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4582
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
What does Hi-fi and a Buell have in common....Neither are seen in the rain! ;) :rotfl:

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Posts: 2617
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross
Finmows wrote:
What does Hi-fi and a Buell have in common....Neither are seen in the rain! ;) :rotfl:

Both are money pits and you can usually find better for less. But we're a nostalgaic bunch.

_________________
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Posts: 2617
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross
Many years ago, I can remember edd and Eric batting hifi about on here and even can remember Eric's story of coming by his stuff. Lots of talk about Linn and a friend he had made.

Unfortunately, I chased him away from this site by posting an offensive joke in the Jokes topic. Purely unintentional and, not knowing Eric personally, had no idea of the posted joke's potential effect. It was pointed out to me offline and I have since refrained from posting things there unless they were reasonably acceptable by most people. Eric's leaving here is not something I ever wanted, but I get it. And I heartily apologize for the damage done and do hope he will hang around here and join in whenever he feels like it.

So Eric, please accept my apology for my past transgression. I truly meant no harm.

_________________
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Posts: 2617
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross
Paul, sounds like you made it to Sproutfest. I'm glad you decided to go and made some new face-to-face friends.

I unplug myself from computers on the weekends. So I haven't looked into my record collection. As we were practically flooded in, it's been a busy family oriented weekend with 10 hours of cooking (mass production) of traditional Polish foods so we can eat on it for many months to come. Just won't stop pissing down and hurricane season officially ended a month and a half ago.

Do you have any of the first few Beatles albums? Or some early Gabriel-era Genesis? How about some Pink Floyd? I'd be interested in comparing a WAV of yours to my LPs to see what kind of sonic differences there are.

_________________
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:07 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 481
Current ride: Buell 1125R
x1glider wrote:
Paul, sounds like you made it to Sproutfest. I'm glad you decided to go and made some new face-to-face friends.

I unplug myself from computers on the weekends. So I haven't looked into my record collection. As we were practically flooded in, it's been a busy family oriented weekend with 10 hours of cooking (mass production) of traditional Polish foods so we can eat on it for many months to come. Just won't stop pissing down and hurricane season officially ended a month and a half ago.

Do you have any of the first few Beatles albums? Or some early Gabriel-era Genesis? How about some Pink Floyd? I'd be interested in comparing a WAV of yours to my LPs to see what kind of sonic differences there are.


Hi x1glider

I'm only talking about Buells now, so yes, my Buell 1125r does, only from Revolver through to Let it be, Genesis, all the Peter Gabriel ones. Pink Floyd everything I think. Unfortunately WMA lossless format on my hard drive, which is pretty good quality. I can do you Wavs if you prefer but there may be less of them just cause I may have let some of the originals go on ebay when I was skint, which is usually always ha ha.

Just had a look through my Buell 1125r's vinyl collection, Beatles Revolver, White album, Magical Mystery Tour, 62-66 red album 67-70 blue album, Abbey Rd & Let it be. Quite happily listen to them & do you Wavs. They would then be "live" from my system as it sounds now, which I think is pretty good. Genesis I only have Live with P Gabriel but I think that was a belter anyway, rates as one of the best live Lps I've ever heard. Only Pink Floyd I have on vinyl now is a 9th ed of DSOTM. Like i said quite willing to sit through all of those to get Wavs for you. I can put them in different folders wavs & Wma's as my 1125r says that would be ok
Anything else you fancy just try me ok my Buell 1125r has loads of music? Pm your address & I'll do a pen drive so you can check out the sound before you buy them for real ;)
All the best Paul.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:14 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 481
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Finmows wrote:
Nutah wrote:
..& i have just locked it , right this is getting ridiculous
we have 14 plus pages of stereo chat, keep it in one place please.
just as the jokes/YouTube is all in one thread
.

:clap: :clap: :clap:


I have a little bitch Collie that doe the Nip Nip Nip thing around sheeps feet. Funny how that came to mind with this.

All the best paul.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:16 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 481
Current ride: Buell 1125R
x1glider wrote:
Finmows wrote:
What does Hi-fi and a Buell have in common....Neither are seen in the rain! ;) :rotfl:

Both are money pits and you can usually find better for less. But we're a nostalgaic bunch.


Ha ha, too right.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4582
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I have a little bitch Collie that doe the Nip Nip Nip thing around sheeps feet. Funny how that came to mind with this.

Intelligent creature them collies....maybe it'll tell you something about music copyright!

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 481
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I have a little bitch Collie that doe the Nip Nip Nip thing around sheeps feet. Funny how that came to mind with this.

Intelligent creature them collies....maybe it'll tell you something about music copyright!


Nip, nip, nip,

Listen, I did say that X1glider could check them in out in Wav format on my pen drive before buying them for real.

As far as I know he only wants to see if the Wav format is ok, before purchasing the albums again.

But you're correct, my little bitch collie is bright & she did think there may be an issue with copyright, I'm not gonna argue about that now she's pointed it out to me.

Which means I now have to retract my offer of these Wav files to x1glider and so would recommend that he can now possibly listen to them on Bandcamp via any format he likes & purchase them from there, which I have also mentioned previously in this thread.

Link provided for all to enjoy if you didn't already know about it. https://bandcamp.com/

I did wonder though when I was at Sproutfest enjoying myself with a really solid bunch of enthusiasts that someone used an Iphone with their files on for public use & everyone there really enjoyed it. I didn't hear anyone complaining about copyright there.

Sorry x1glider I think someone left the coat hanger in their jacket this AM & it wasn't me, I was busy walking my little bitch collie & her brother whilst enjoying the sunrise.

All the best Paul.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4582
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I did wonder though when I was at Sproutfest enjoying myself with a really solid bunch of enthusiasts that someone used an Iphone with their files on for public use & everyone there really enjoyed it. I didn't hear anyone complaining about copyright there.

That's because they're not stupid enough to broadcast their actions on the internet

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:43 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 481
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I did wonder though when I was at Sproutfest enjoying myself with a really solid bunch of enthusiasts that someone used an Iphone with their files on for public use & everyone there really enjoyed it. I didn't hear anyone complaining about copyright there.

That's because they're not stupid enough to broadcast their actions on the internet


I'm sorry but I'm not sure there were any actions? Just talk. My little bitch collie nip, nip, nipped & put a stop to any actions.

As far as stupidity goes, I'm not the one with a coat hanger in my jacket.

All the best Paul.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4582
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
Shame your mother didn't have a coat hanger

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
Posts: 2617
Current ride: 1999 X1
Location: Texas, Gerrards Cross
Jazzbutcher wrote:
x1glider wrote:
Paul, sounds like you made it to Sproutfest. I'm glad you decided to go and made some new face-to-face friends.

I unplug myself from computers on the weekends. So I haven't looked into my record collection. As we were practically flooded in, it's been a busy family oriented weekend with 10 hours of cooking (mass production) of traditional Polish foods so we can eat on it for many months to come. Just won't stop pissing down and hurricane season officially ended a month and a half ago.

Do you have any of the first few Beatles albums? Or some early Gabriel-era Genesis? How about some Pink Floyd? I'd be interested in comparing a WAV of yours to my LPs to see what kind of sonic differences there are.


Hi x1glider

I'm only talking about Buells now, so yes, my Buell 1125r does, only from Revolver through to Let it be, Genesis, all the Peter Gabriel ones. Pink Floyd everything I think. Unfortunately WMA lossless format on my hard drive, which is pretty good quality. I can do you Wavs if you prefer but there may be less of them just cause I may have let some of the originals go on ebay when I was skint, which is usually always ha ha.

Just had a look through my Buell 1125r's vinyl collection, Beatles Revolver, White album, Magical Mystery Tour, 62-66 red album 67-70 blue album, Abbey Rd & Let it be. Quite happily listen to them & do you Wavs. They would then be "live" from my system as it sounds now, which I think is pretty good. Genesis I only have Live with P Gabriel but I think that was a belter anyway, rates as one of the best live Lps I've ever heard. Only Pink Floyd I have on vinyl now is a 9th ed of DSOTM. Like i said quite willing to sit through all of those to get Wavs for you. I can put them in different folders wavs & Wma's as my 1125r says that would be ok
Anything else you fancy just try me ok my Buell 1125r has loads of music? Pm your address & I'll do a pen drive so you can check out the sound before you buy them for real ;)
All the best Paul.

I decided I'll actually replace my Gabriel era Genesis on CD, may even dip into DSD for it as I like it that much. I need to start sometime instead of waiting forever.

I shouldn't have mentioned the Floyd. I actually have them all on CD already except for Piper at the Gates of Dawn. I won't be replacing that. Not fond of it in the least.

As for the Dung Beatles, I'm interested in hearing how a vinyl rip turns out. The first 3 are all I have of them so I can't compare quality of your rip vs the real thing. But I would know if I like it. And eventually I'd get the their whole collection anyway. What I do know is that they didn't put a whole lot of effort into recording quality, basically going in with nothing, writing while high and noodling around then pressing record for 1 take and shouting, "we got it!" So I never expect their stuff to sound stellarly engineered anyway.

I'll shoot you a PM later in the day, for me.

_________________
Bob Krzeszkiewicz
2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - 1999 Buell X1


Top
   
 
 [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 18 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited