Last visit was: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:09 am It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:33 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Nutah wrote:
..& i have just locked it , right this is getting ridiculous
we have 14 plus pages of stereo chat, keep it in one place please.
just as the jokes/YouTube is all in one thread

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I have a little bitch Collie that doe the Nip Nip Nip thing around sheeps feet. Funny how that came to mind with this.

All the best paul.

Makes sense to me. I hate disorganization. I'm OCD about stuff having their "place."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:46 pm 

Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I have a little bitch Collie that doe the Nip Nip Nip thing around sheeps feet. Funny how that came to mind with this.

Intelligent creature them collies....maybe it'll tell you something about music copyright!

I'm a musician myself, of nearly 40 years. So, I'm all against stealing music. I've replaced many hundreds of records and tapes (reel to reel, 8 track and cassette) over the years with "paid for by me" copies on CD. So, I've actually bought at least 750 albums twice, and maybe 50 of them 3 times. So, the bands always get their money from me. Unfortunately, the holders of the publishing rights are usually the record companies and not all bands get money for a purchase.

What Paul is doing , is actually offering to copy something I already own, and as it is a lower quality copy than what is offered for sale, it's actually ok to share that freely with me. At least in my country. (And I'll be evaluating it anyway) This is why there's so much music, TV and movie stuff on YouTube without legal repercussions. It isn't a one-for-one duplicate. If I find the copy acceptable, I can rip the rest of my collection and be happy instead of wasting a couple hundred hours of time I'll never get back. Or if I don't like it, I'll just buy the bloody CD.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 pm 

Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I did wonder though when I was at Sproutfest enjoying myself with a really solid bunch of enthusiasts that someone used an Iphone with their files on for public use & everyone there really enjoyed it. I didn't hear anyone complaining about copyright there.

That's because they're not stupid enough to broadcast their actions on the internet

That was legal anyway. Sproutfest isn't a business trying to lure in customers with free music to benefit their establishment. If public broadcasting of music was illegal, ghetto blasters would have been banned decades ago.

Was the music at Sproutfest any good? Or did it make you want to stomp someone's iPhone to death? lOl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:56 pm 

Finmows wrote:
That's because they're not stupid enough to broadcast their actions on the internet

Actually they are. Over the years, I've seen plenty of cleavage and butt crack videos posted up from those gatherings. Being 3000 miles away, I may not know everyone by their real names and faces but I'll recognize their boobs and behinds.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:02 pm 

Finmows wrote:
Shame your mother didn't have a coat hanger

Brutal. But fucking hillarious. :rotfl:

I thought you guys were playing nice but apparently are back at it. I like you both, but it's your business, not mine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
x1glider wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

Intelligent creature them collies....maybe it'll tell you something about music copyright!

I'm a musician myself, of nearly 40 years. So, I'm all against stealing music. I've replaced many hundreds of records and tapes (reel to reel, 8 track and cassette) over the years with "paid for by me" copies on CD. So, I've actually bought at least 750 albums twice, and maybe 50 of them 3 times. So, the bands always get their money from me. Unfortunately, the holders of the publishing rights are usually the record companies and not all bands get money for a purchase.

What Paul is doing , is actually offering to copy something I already own, and as it is a lower quality copy than what is offered for sale, it's actually ok to share that freely with me. At least in my country. (And I'll be evaluating it anyway) This is why there's so much music, TV and movie stuff on YouTube without legal repercussions. It isn't a one-for-one duplicate. If I find the copy acceptable, I can rip the rest of my collection and be happy instead of wasting a couple hundred hours of time I'll never get back. Or if I don't like it, I'll just buy the bloody CD.

That point about copying always interested me at one time because the original first edition vinyl pressings were not available by definition and re-issues were getting poorer. Some of my own real time downloads onto cassette (for my own use) were better than you could buy from industry funded shops, but the numbers are so small I doubt if the record companies lost any sleep over it. Some re-masters are getting good though. :roll:

I still listen to tapes which were made through my Naim pre-amp phono stage, and these are higher res than my current amp. Although as I have said before, my current amp is kinder to a wider range of my record collection. ;)

Some of the best recordings (from my particular perspective) are the FM tuner recordings of the Classic FM concerts I have actually attended. It's amusing as the mics were probably placed down in front of the stage where from my tapes you can hear the audience moving and coughing, but we were sat higher above the stage were those sounds were more muted to us even when we were there.
You can tell a good recording as the ambience and sound just gets more expansive as you turn up the volume. But then the Albert Hall is good for atmosphere. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:02 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
Jazzbutcher wrote:

Boring for 95% of the user group.

You're correct, I'm pretty sure people don't log on to a Buell site to read about Hi Fi, or Physics.

Actually they might. You're sentiments may be well intended, but these threads are read. Although we may be accused of preaching to the converted about quality audio. I meet many people who just switch off when you talk about hi-end audio, but if anyone on here wanted to know what a Urushi, Ittok, or Tabriz ZI was I'm sure they would just ask. I think we've grown out of being embarrassed of asking.....mostly. I don't think the thread was too elevated or up itself as there is much technical stuff on the general Buell forum which I struggle to grasp, but plenty on here I can ask.

I don't try preaching hi-fi too much any more as I've spent hours tweaking other peoples record decks or taking them along to meet my dealer as requested only for them to add a cheap and nasty cable or speaker stand in the totally wrong place totally trashing the benefits. :roll:

People are either interested or not, or they've already done what we've done and moved on to other things. Others have a £250 Sony mini system and are eternally happy with it. It matters not as long as there are a few nut cases like me, you and X1 to share our experiences with. Oh yes, and Eric.............and someone else out there may also enjoy reading it. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:51 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Finmows wrote:
Shame your mother didn't have a coat hanger

Heh heh, I Wasn't expecting that (what do they call them?) oblique hip throw or something. Judo I think, where the other guy throws you to the floor over their hip & it looks really cool.

Bit like "Cetoowian thwow him to the floow!"

Nice one Finmows,

I think that's 2 -0 to you.

Respect.

Although it's a hollow victory over some one who needs half an hour or so to formulate a response & try & make it sound quick & also shops in the Scope sometimes.

Show off!

All the best Finmows & looking forward to meeting you at some point, you seem pretty cool, which is about right for what I've seen of this really great Enthusiasts Group. I hope you feel the same, we have a few things we can talk about now.
I'm a bit heart on my sleeve as you know, sorry about that but just how I am I'm afraid.
I don't make friends easy because I don't make it easy for people & don't really censor myself too much and that ain't easy for most folks. I can & I do, but don't really want to. I think at least it's am honest representation.

Anyway, it's late, I've been out my father in law today & had a great time him, watched the sunset again but from a high viewpoint at Stanage edge in Derbshire & he loved it again. Something he likes bless him, and I have the pleasure of facilitating his moments of enjoyment.

You take care now. Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 am 

x1glider wrote:
Finmows wrote:

Actually they are. Over the years, I've seen plenty of cleavage and butt crack videos posted up from those gatherings. Being 3000 miles away, I may not know everyone by their real names and faces but I'll recognize their boobs and behinds.

Goddamn I missed those, wherever they're held I'd like to come? I'll be nice but probably cry at some point as being nice does that to me as well, bollocks I can't win.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:03 am 

x1glider wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I did wonder though when I was at Sproutfest enjoying myself with a really solid bunch of enthusiasts that someone used an Iphone with their files on for public use & everyone there really enjoyed it. I didn't hear anyone complaining about copyright there.

That was legal anyway. Sproutfest isn't a business trying to lure in customers with free music to benefit their establishment. If public broadcasting of music was illegal, ghetto blasters would have been banned decades ago.

Was the music at Sproutfest any good? Or did it make you want to stomp someone's iPhone to death? lOl

First bit was Christmas stuff during the meal then it got a bit more interesting I thought can't remember any of it so it must have been inoffensive at least. Although I like all the Christmas songs anyway Muds "It'll be lonely this Christmas" being a favourite, a heartbreaker from my youth as I was 14 or something & just been been dumped. Oh the pain, heart on my sleeve as always..

All the best guys, I enjoyed my day out with my FIL.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:12 am 

edd wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

Boring for 95% of the user group.

You're correct, I'm pretty sure people don't log on to a Buell site to read about Hi Fi, or Physics.

Actually they might. You're sentiments may be well intended, but these threads are read. Although we may be accused of preaching to the converted about quality audio. I meet many people who just switch off when you talk about hi-end audio, but if anyone on here wanted to know what a Urushi, Ittok, or Tabriz ZI was I'm sure they would just ask. I think we've grown out of being embarrassed of asking.....mostly. I don't think the thread was too elevated or up itself as there is much technical stuff on the general Buell forum which I struggle to grasp, but plenty on here I can ask.

I don't try preaching hi-fi too much any more as I've spent hours tweaking other peoples record decks or taking them along to meet my dealer as requested only for them to add a cheap and nasty cable or speaker stand in the totally wrong place totally trashing the benefits. :roll:

People are either interested or not, or they've already done what we've done and moved on to other things. Others have a £250 Sony mini system and are eternally happy with it. It matters not as long as there are a few nut cases like me, you and X1 to share our experiences with. Oh yes, and Eric.............and someone else out there may also enjoy reading it. ;)

Well Rallied guys, I'm impressed, we have our own sub group I think, Just need Eric to join in & we'll be able to hold our own at any event heh heh if we all attend that is?

Anyway I need sleep 7.40 dog walking, bollocks too late for the sunrise.

All the best Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:36 am 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
x1glider wrote:
Finmows wrote:

Goddamn I missed those, wherever they're held I'd like to come? I'll be nice but probably cry at some point as being nice does that to me as well, bollocks I can't win.

I speak of past Sproutfests. been few years since I've seen some deep cleavage videos where you can see belly buttons too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:57 am 

x1glider wrote:
Many years ago, I can remember edd and Eric batting hifi about on here and even can remember Eric's story of coming by his stuff. Lots of talk about Linn and a friend he had made.

Unfortunately, I chased him away from this site by posting an offensive joke in the Jokes topic. Purely unintentional and, not knowing Eric personally, had no idea of the posted joke's potential effect. It was pointed out to me offline and I have since refrained from posting things there unless they were reasonably acceptable by most people. Eric's leaving here is not something I ever wanted, but I get it. And I heartily apologize for the damage done and do hope he will hang around here and join in whenever he feels like it.

So Eric, please accept my apology for my past transgression. I truly meant no harm.

Nice one Bob.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:03 am 

edd wrote:
x1glider wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

That point about copying always interested me at one time because the original first edition vinyl pressings were not available by definition and re-issues were getting poorer. Some of my own real time downloads onto cassette (for my own use) were better than you could buy from industry funded shops, but the numbers are so small I doubt if the record companies lost any sleep over it. Some re-masters are getting good though. :roll:

I still listen to tapes which were made through my Naim pre-amp phono stage, and these are higher res than my current amp. Although as I have said before, my current amp is kinder to a wider range of my record collection. ;)

Some of the best recordings (from my particular perspective) are the FM tuner recordings of the Classic FM concerts I have actually attended. It's amusing as the mics were probably placed down in front of the stage where from my tapes you can hear the audience moving and coughing, but we were sat higher above the stage were those sounds were more muted to us even when we were there.
You can tell a good recording as the ambience and sound just gets more expansive as you turn up the volume. But then the Albert Hall is good for atmosphere. 8-)

I remember once watching an interview with Bill Gates & the guy asked him what he thought of the eastern countries copying & distributing his Windows programme. His reply was, I'd rather they copied mine & get used to it as they will eventually buy it.
Can't copy Windows now & Upgrades work really well so a reg'd copy is great. I wonder how many people who used the pirates are now running genuine copies?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:34 pm 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
I remember once watching an interview with Bill Gates & the guy asked him what he thought of the eastern countries copying & distributing his Windows programme. His reply was, I'd rather they copied mine & get used to it as they will eventually buy it.
Can't copy Windows now & Upgrades work really well so a reg'd copy is great. I wonder how many people who used the pirates are now running genuine copies?

Well, he initially gave his OS away for $5. Got everyone hooked like it was crack, then boosted the price on them. Made sense and it works well for drug dealers. At the time Apple's OS was a GUI and more user friendly though it consumed resources on those little MacIntosh boxes, so a $5 OS was a good plan to get into the more business oriented side. I've never owned a bootleg OS because I couldn't risk corrupted engineering data. I'm still on Win7Pro and may go to 10 in the near future. My system is slowing down in it's old age because some OS stuff is obviously corrupted and causing issues. But I hate the idea of wiping my SSD and reinstalling everything and getting those programs setup and pointed to the right places. I prefer being a user to doing that tedious shit. But it's going to happen sometime. Or it may get to the point where I need to upgrade my hardware. We'll see. Not what I want to do with my money right now since my new guitar build should be complete by this time next year and I'll need to pay that monstrous balance before shipping from Poland.

[ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next