Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:49 pm It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:23 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Hi Folks,
Got a call from Leeds Hospital 7.30 last night, Extra meds are working, liver readings are improving. They still don't know what caused it (despite me telling them it was my tooth that I had extracted & the antibiotics) bloody idiots. Bacterial infections are worse than virus's for people on immune suppressants.
So back down on Friday for a few more tests but emergency over for the time being hopefully.
Thanks for your support folks. Paul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 pm 

Pleased to hear that :yup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:29 pm 

Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
:yup:

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Triumph Street Triple RS
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:34 pm 

Thanks Guys.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:33 pm 

Current ride: Xt500 , 1125 CR
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Good news....and excellent self diagnosis by the sound of it....Shame the patient's voice isn't given credence! Maybe I should add I'm not a health professional so any opinion is based on purely anecdotal tittle tattle... :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:48 pm 

Current ride: The wife
Good news

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 pm 

Thanks,
Sorry for the drama. Wish sometimes the consultants wouldn't tell me anything was wrong.
This is the third time they've scared me shitless via blood test results & then told me they don't know why it's happening. I told them all the information re my bad tooth & antibiotics etc. My Gp was aware of everything as I got the dentist to check it out with him.
I feel I should be angry cause the consultants don't F****n' listen & poo poo anything that doesn't fit in with their statistical data, like the nightmares, which they've now acknowledged is because of the drugs. I've been telling them that for six years. They now have a remedy for this as obviously more people have joined the choir.
Should be livid but I'm just glad "again".
Thanks for your support folks, sorry about the drama.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:01 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
Nothing as serious as your predicament, but it is annoying to hear that much of the shit l went through in my 20s Might have been undiagnosed ‘limes’ dresease! :? .....or not. The point is that my GP (who was infamous for misdiagnosis) didn’t know, and went into retirement still not knowing. :headbang:

25 years ago l went for a ‘wellman’ check. The nurse who carried out the tests said in conclusion;”you look a bit pale, it could be your ‘something.gland?....”. On returning to my GP l asked him what those remarks meant. “I don’t know”, my doc said, “ it doesn’t say anything on here”. :roll:

More recently on a visit to A&E l was asked if l minded seeing a senior nurse as there was no doctor available, or did l wish to wait for a GP? “ No” l said, “a senior nurse will be fine.” An experienced nurse has probably seen more and can tell you more, or is less arrogant and willing to say more than a GP. :roll:
In the old days, she probably cut her teeth stitching up tommies in the Malayan jungle so has experienced a thing or two! ;)

On a plus note some of the younger GPS l have seen at short notice have actually been quite good! :yup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 pm 

edd wrote:
Nothing as serious as your predicament, but it is annoying to hear that much of the shit l went through in my 20s Might have been undiagnosed ‘limes’ dresease! :? .....or not. The point is that my GP (who was infamous for misdiagnosis) didn’t know, and went into retirement still not knowing. :headbang:

25 years ago l went for a ‘wellman’ check. The nurse who carried out the tests said in conclusion;”you look a bit pale, it could be your ‘something.gland?....”. On returning to my GP l asked him what those remarks meant. “I don’t know”, my doc said, “ it doesn’t say anything on here”. :roll:

More recently on a visit to A&E l was asked if l minded seeing a senior nurse as there was no doctor available, or did l wish to wait for a GP? “ No” l said, “a senior nurse will be fine.” An experienced nurse has probably seen more and can tell you more, or is less arrogant and willing to say more than a GP. :roll:
In the old days, she probably cut her teeth stitching up tommies in the Malayan jungle so has experienced a thing or two! ;)

On a plus note some of the younger GPS l have seen at short notice have actually been quite good! :yup:

Hi Edd,
Sorry to hear that, have you had it diagnosed since?
On the plus side for me is my GP is great, I don't bother him much but he notes everything & acts on it pretty quickly, but he can't tell consultants what to do or even advise them on a course of action.
He at least was quick to understand the trauma associated with my nightmares, even listened to a couple of them (extremely vivid) was his cue to prescribe sleeping tablets immediately.
The hospital consultants don't even listen, just say my GP's dealing with that aspect. Fortunately the fact that they acknowledge as much means they have noted it, and fortunately seem to be acknowledging this is to do with the Immune suppressants. Even though the last test said the levels were dropping they've still left me on six times the dose of immune suppressants, which leaves me open to real shit if I get any type of bacterial infection & of course The F****n' Nightmares again.
Similarly, like this latest episode they aren't listening to the fact that it's the antibiotics that fuck my liver tests up, probably no statistical data to back the idea up same as the nightmare scenario up till now.
Anyway that seems to be how things are, I don't know how to talk to them excepting how I am doing at the moment. I think I'm being clear but they talk a different language. I've had my wife in the consultations with me & she says they don't listen.
I'm at Hospital again on Friday, I'm thinking I may just ask if they mind if I record the sessions & to see my hospital notes to see exactly what they have heard. I'm pretty sure I can explain that clearly enough.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:57 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
No recent diagnosis, but there has been some debate on radio lately on limes disease and how difficult it is to identify all the symptoms. Statistical data and methods of recording/thresholds of positives etc differ in other countries......typically. :roll: l suspect that historic cases and too much digging might trigger retrospective claims against the NHS by some. Not that l’m in that game, just thinking back! :?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 pm 

Saw a consultant at Leeds today again (another different one), I saw him pick my notes up 20 mins before I saw him, called my recent episode a flare up & asked me if I had any idea of why it may have happened?
I reminded him of the antibiotics & my decayed tooth, "Oh yes are you sure they were amoxicillin?"
I just asked for my blood test forms.
Just f****n' beats me :headbang:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:38 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
Sounds like you need a dentist. :P
My misses say vets are more qualified than GPs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:06 pm 

TOPGUMM wrote:
Sounds like you need a dentist. :P

Sounds like you're doing the same as the consultants. :sad1:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:30 pm 

Just done another run to Leeds Transplant clinic.
All blood count levels back to normal. What a difference a month can make. Still saying they have no idea what caused it. Taken yet another series of blood tests. Hey Ho.
1125r ran very well, on regular fuel as well, as the garage had run out of supreme & the Buell was practically on fumes.
Silver linings all round I think.
Thanks for your support folks. Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:53 pm 

Current ride: Xt500 , 1125 CR
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Just done another run to Leeds Transplant clinic.
All blood count levels back to normal. What a difference a month can make. Still saying they have no idea what caused it. Taken yet another series of blood tests. Hey Ho.
1125r ran very well, on regular fuel as well, as the garage had run out of supreme & the Buell was practically on fumes.
Silver linings all round I think.
Thanks for your support folks. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear it.....does this mean we can revert to being rude and start taking the piss again ?....asking for a friend. :D

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next