Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:42 pm It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:09 pm 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Ohsteveo wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Just done another run to Leeds Transplant clinic.
All blood count levels back to normal. What a difference a month can make. Still saying they have no idea what caused it. Taken yet another series of blood tests. Hey Ho.
1125r ran very well, on regular fuel as well, as the garage had run out of supreme & the Buell was practically on fumes.
Silver linings all round I think.
Thanks for your support folks. Much appreciated.

Glad to hear it.....does this mean we can revert to being rude and start taking the piss again ?....asking for a friend. :D

Tell yer friend they can be as rude as they like.
Kind of surprised nobody has mentioned onions & gravy yet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:12 am 

Current ride: Xt500 , 1125 CR
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Ohsteveo wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
All blood count levels back to normal. What a difference a month can make. Still saying they have no idea what caused it. Taken yet another series of blood tests. Hey Ho.
1125r ran very well, on regular fuel as well, as the garage had run out of supreme & the Buell was practically on fumes.

Glad to hear it.....does this mean we can revert to being rude and start taking the piss again ?....asking for a friend. :D

Or fava beans and a nice chianti?....🤣

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:16 am 

Ohsteveo wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Ohsteveo wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

Or fava beans and a nice chianti?....🤣

Or Pate' & crackers? :hehe:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:28 pm 

Current ride: 1125r, Ducati Darmah
Jazzbutcher, sorry to hear about your woes, glad you are on the mend/feeling better. On a note about Blood test results; have a look at https://www.patientview.org Results show up there before any consultant/Dr will bother to look for them, but you and the hospital need to of signed up. When you first mention it the replies will be"...Patient what ? " Persist ! It`s a useful tool, and as we know what is a normal result for us we can pick up any issues.I NEVER wait wait for ANY ONE to call me. If I do get an horrendous blood test result I just turn up at the relevant ward/clinic ( Kidney/Pancreas Transplant 7 yrs ago ) with a print out from Patient View and make a nuisance of myself ! Keep a close watch on your CRP ( C. Reactive Protein ) levels, good marker for infection/inflammation. I`m not a professional but my immune system is attacking its own body ( Thyroid,eyes,Spleen,pancreas so far ) so my learning curve has been vertical ! Good Luck. I hope this has helped ( you or any one else. ) Back to the shed now to fix the 1125r, daylight is for riding it, not being stuck in the shed fixing it !! Alastair.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:49 pm 

al1125r wrote:
Jazzbutcher, sorry to hear about your woes, glad you are on the mend/feeling better. On a note about Blood test results; have a look at https://www.patientview.org Results show up there before any consultant/Dr will bother to look for them, but you and the hospital need to of signed up. When you first mention it the replies will be"...Patient what ? " Persist ! It`s a useful tool, and as we know what is a normal result for us we can pick up any issues.I NEVER wait wait for ANY ONE to call me. If I do get an horrendous blood test result I just turn up at the relevant ward/clinic ( Kidney/Pancreas Transplant 7 yrs ago ) with a print out from Patient View and make a nuisance of myself ! Keep a close watch on your CRP ( C. Reactive Protein ) levels, good marker for infection/inflammation. I`m not a professional but my immune system is attacking its own body ( Thyroid,eyes,Spleen,pancreas so far ) so my learning curve has been vertical ! Good Luck. I hope this has helped ( you or any one else. ) Back to the shed now to fix the 1125r, daylight is for riding it, not being stuck in the shed fixing it !! Alastair.

Thanks for that Alistair.
Sorry to hear about your condition & also sorry for being such a whiny git when things aren't going as well as they should. I fall into drama as soon as they tell me something's wrong. I should know better by now, but words like "very serious" & "we may need to do a biopsy" panic me every time.
I will definitely have a word about Patient view, they usually don't listen to me but I can stand up for myself especially when I know what I'm asking for & this may be just what I need to make them pay more attention.
It was an Enzyme this time, I try to ask what & why but they talk a different language to me, he did say "it occurs when liver cells are popping" not very consultant-ish language but was informative enough for me to understand it was pretty serious. Although he also said my liver should be able to absorb the damage as it was a brief spell. Still on six times the dose of Mycophenolate & 1mg more of Tacrolimus which hopefully they'll drop in two weeks if my results stay ok. At which point I will make sure they're signed up for Patientview.
Thanks again for the advice & your support.
I sincerely hope your situation improves Alistair, sounds pretty awful.

Anyway, on a lighter note.
I've also been in my garage looking at fitting another fan on my 1125r where the ram air funnel used to be/ Hoping to push air over the engine/throttle bodies & under the air box to aid cooling when I'm in traffic with a simple click switch. Bike runs great between 72-80 degrees so trying to keep it within that range. I'll let you know if it works & keep an eye out for a swingarm for you.
All the best Paul.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:43 am 

Current ride: 1125r, Ducati Darmah
Thanks Paul, watch out for your White blood cell count, ( WBC ) , MMF ( Mycophenolate ) wipes them out leaving us open to catching the slightest infection. ie from a bad tooth ! My situation is all under control, thanks to a drug called Rituximab and not as bad as it sounds, thanks for the concern though !
I stop consultants when they loose me and ask them to explain it in Layman's terms, trouble is they are usually very stressed people but they will take their time if "forced" to do so. Good Luck.
Yeah, lighter things; think of how the extra air you push in is going to exit and try to keep as much hot off the rear shock as possible. I lifted the back of the seat 10mm, spacers and longer bolts, and even with a std set up a breeze of hot air can be felt when stationary and the fans on. I think the best bet is your extra fan and reverse the flow through the rads, talk to Jens at NCCR as (I think ) he has done this.
I must say a Black swingarm would look great in your bike........ ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:11 pm 

al1125r wrote:
Thanks Paul, watch out for your White blood cell count, ( WBC ) , MMF ( Mycophenolate ) wipes them out leaving us open to catching the slightest infection. ie from a bad tooth ! My situation is all under control, thanks to a drug called Rituximab and not as bad as it sounds, thanks for the concern though !
I stop consultants when they loose me and ask them to explain it in Layman's terms, trouble is they are usually very stressed people but they will take their time if "forced" to do so. Good Luck.
Yeah, lighter things; think of how the extra air you push in is going to exit and try to keep as much hot off the rear shock as possible. I lifted the back of the seat 10mm, spacers and longer bolts, and even with a std set up a breeze of hot air can be felt when stationary and the fans on. I think the best bet is your extra fan and reverse the flow through the rads, talk to Jens at NCCR as (I think ) he has done this.
I must say a Black swingarm would look great in your bike........ ;)

Hi Alistair, I'm really careful with infections hence the bad tooth scenario was dealt with via my Gp with antibiotics as he's pretty "On the ball" despite it being a dentistry problem. He understands the infection & Immune suppressant situation so doesn't mess around. Sore throats & stuff are always dealt with promptly & he talks the same language as me. Not sure I like the idea of the 6 x dose of Mycophenolate, but needs must I guess.

Anyway, good idea with raising the seat, I'm thinking of putting grills in the sides of the undertray, the flat sides you can see under the rear fairing, I think that would let some air out if I make sure the air is guided there & it could look pretty cool if done ok. Also some thin alloy guides to direct the radiator fans away from pointing straight into the engine. I found moving the air temp sensor out of the hot air flow worked a treat as well. Bloody engine gets so hot, so quickly when it isn't moving I've got to remedy it somehow. The extra fan should also cool the frame as it will be the guide for the fresh air pulled in from the grill I'll fit round the fuel cap. Got to think of a way to seal it from the air box though but that's a minor problem that can be sorted with a shield of some sort. Got a 2nd hand radiator fan for £21 only 4000 miles old.
The EBR 1190 has the fans pointing out the side like a Mille rather than onto the engine so I think they realised this mistake. Unfortunately, we 1125r owners just have to sort it ourselves. I'll let you know how it goes.

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4