Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:46 am It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:42 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
:maz: it’s a Sign of the times unfortunately, people nowadays have little respect for anything and it’s become a throw away disposal (Bic razor) world we live in , no longer built to last , the masses have been brainwashed into buying new ever few years to keep the wheels of industry turning and the money merry-go-round (tax’s , shareholder dividends )rolling in . All this on the pretence of the evolution of technology and how this year’s model is better more efficient than last years :roll: :headbang:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:40 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
:maz:

Just guessing here, but who-ever it was who dropped the bike off covered in shit, probably thought they were just taking their bike to any old garage & were totally unaware of your extremely high standards of work. :worthy:
Although one look round your workshop should've informed them of that & they may have realised they had made a mistake. I'm sure as someone has already said you let them know about it. :old:
If it was someone who was aware of the standards you work to, then just take it down the end of the yard, chuck a gallon of Gunk all over it & let the rain do the rest, or even better jet wash the f****r. Probably need a full rebuild & paint job by that point.
Nothing worse than being taken for granted, sorry you have to put up with shit like that. :sad1:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:34 am 
Nanny Brown

I can remember the first time I rode my Blast up to Maz's original workshop. I spent hours cleaning it beforehand. Unfortunately the day we rode up the weather was rather shitty, and my bike ended up coated in a grey sludge off the motorway surface, it was early springtime and must have still had the crud and muck from gritting the roads. It took us about 5 or 6 hours to ride the 260 miles.

I was horrified when I saw the state of my carefully cleaned bike, but also very embarrassed! :o :oooops:
(btw that crud permanently damaged the black casings so god knows what was in it! :cry: )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
The same weather thing happened to me on my first trip to the Eporium........and being late after setting off the wrong way around the M60! :oooops: lOl. Still, Maz was very good about it. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 pm 
Nanny Brown

edd wrote:
The same weather thing happened to me on my first trip to the Eporium........and being late after setting off the wrong way around the M60! :oooops: lOl. Still, Maz was very good about it. ;)

I don't know about Maz being very good about it, however, it was unavoidable and was unintentional, and I believe it should be exempt from critical comment. I have since had all my bikes couriered up to Maz for work.... :yup: (Unfortunately it means this removes the personal contact with Maz but avoids the criticism)

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2