Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 am It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Limbo Dancing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:51 am 

Current ride: XB9R Firebolt
I agree with you Maz,if May had said after the vote we are out on the due date the dictators of Europe would have fallen over to do a deal. The head of Volkswagen Audi asked Merkel to do a deal with the UK months ago.Lord Anthony Bamford the head of JCB one of our most succesful companies cant wait to be out.The remainers are traitors and un democratic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
I think you may find that our Army, navy and air force are the best trained, dedicated & skilled units in the world & I think we're gonna need them.
This tiny island has far too great an idea of it's worth. We are in the process of leaving a union with 24 countries in Europe & our "special" relationship with the USA/Trump means nothing, only their bases on our land, which is their land effectively.
We are a vulnerable little plot which will become even more vulnerable as Scotland splits from the Union as soon as they can & joins the EU again. Especially now the Tory leader in Scotland has resigned (she was responsible for rallying the Tories up there last time), not sure they will get away with that again.
All the bluster about leaving without a deal is just that, Boris is trying to back another 24 countries into a corner, well good luck with that. I personally think after the shambles our Government has shown itself to be, they wont care if we leave with or without a deal. Greece told them to Fuck off & they are a very poor country now & don't even have any decent Forces.
By the way I don't think Corbin will do any better. We're just kind of F****d I think.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:28 am 

Current ride: The wife
Just another shit day in paradise

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Finmows wrote:
Just another shit day in paradise

Heh heh.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:40 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
While driving around London l often tune in to LBC. Some of the presenters are ok, but between 10 am and 4 pm you have to put up with 6 hours of James O’Dreary-Brian and Sheila Fog-my-brains-gerty!
It’s all anti Brexit, anti populism, anti anything conservative tripe and repeatedly telling us we must be stupid and racist to boot......but millions must hear it.

James likes to suggest that we all depend on ‘power house’ London, and that ‘Little Britainers’ should come and see how multi culturalism works! :?

In truth it is basically a shed, or many sheds, full of chancers speculating on other people’s money), but doing little real work to create real wealth. And all serviced, fed and watered by low paid immigrant slave Labour who will probably never be able to afford to retire! :roll:

Multi culturialism in London works there because everyone is too busy and don’t have the time or space to be that ignorant. You all get on with everyone or starve. A certain element of cabby reserve the rights on ignorance! :hehe: l work mostly with immigrants and they are mostly great. Some have become my friends and we already have an invite to meet the family in their home country. I can think of more native Anglo Saxons who l wish would go back to where they came from (even if it’s only in the next Street), but l realise that immigration is not a race or cultural issue......it’s the numbers. :old:

However we may now be so far down the road to the point that London plc would simply collapse if all those low paid workers left. So fine, but do we let in another wave from prospective EU members waiting in the wings, which will surely come if we stay in! :?

Meanwhile our native youth were told that they all need to go to ‘Uni’ because they are too special to get their hands dirty! Quite a racist strategy by Mr Blair in retrospect? :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:20 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
edd wrote:

James likes to suggest that we all depend on ‘power house’ London, and that ‘Little Britainers’ should come and see how multi culturalism works! :?

I see it every other night on the news, the latest stabbing in the capital and the continual rise of knife crime
edd wrote:
Meanwhile our native youth were told that they all need to go to ‘Uni’ because they are too special to get their hands dirty! Quite a racist strategy by Mr Blair in retrospect? :twisted:

They were sold a lie , now in debt to the government for thousands if not tens of thousands for a Degree, trouble is now every Tom, Dick and Harry has a degree ,so its devalued a degree , when all said and done there’s normally only one Boss/ manager ( white collar) worker and lots of others (blue collar) workers getting their hands dirty doing the work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:34 am 

barney wrote:
edd wrote:

They were sold a lie , now in debt to the government for thousands if not tens of thousands for a Degree, trouble is now every Tom, Dick and Harry has a degree ,so its devalued a degree , when all said and done there’s normally only one Boss/ manager ( white collar) worker and lots of others (blue collar) workers getting their hands dirty doing the work.

Maybe some of those Mickey Mouse degree holders can work for ‘Uliving’ the company set up by a group of chancers to build modular student accommodation villages on the edge of our provincial towns and cities (for which our many universities now owe millions, or is it billions?). Round and round we go!
:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:50 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
edd wrote:
barney wrote:
edd wrote:

Maybe some of those Mickey Mouse degree holders can work for ‘Uliving’ the company set up by a group of chancers to build modular student accommodation villages on the edge of our provincial towns and cities (for which our many universities now owe millions, or is it billions?). Round and round we go!
:roll:

Just because someone has invented something new, it doesn’t mean we all what or even need it , but the modern way is to keep telling us how wonderful it is :roll: and it’s going to make our lives or the planet so much better ,until people bow in to submission :? and buy it , try it and go back to the old ways

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:52 pm 

True!

I may get into trouble here for pushing strong political views.....or am I not just informing or giving just warning? :old:

If you haven't already done so, wait until you read Yanis Varoufakis on how the EU have tried to off load the debts around the deficit nations of the Union. Obviously Yaris will have a biased opinion, but then why would he lie? :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAf7J4a_T1g

More shocking is what austerity from it's inability to repay debts is doing to Greece. :shock:

If we ever joined the Euro, we may NEVER leave a broken system! :?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 pm 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
I'll just keep making bits out of metal. I understand that....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 pm 

I still only understand bits of a jigsaw.

During a chat about holidays and home, one of our Romanians asked me what was going on today with our government. :? It would seem that he had picked up on some anti immigration sentiments around Brexit.

He said me and my wife pay £800 a month in taxes to hmg. Is this not good?

Very good l said, but l went on to explain that Brexit was not about personal animosity towards immigrants, but that many believe our leaders and money men had led us down a road to nowhere. Brexit was the only chance they could grasp to hopefully turn things around.

It’s just as crap back in my country he said, but maybe slightly better here on balance. We can save a bit of money here, but back home we have nothing left after rent and food.

Great l said, so stay! We need you, but would it be so good for us if people from future member states came here in large numbers?

I also chat regularly with a South American, who is neutral to all these issues so we have a good laugh about it. Maybe we’ll do a good deal with his country. 8-)

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2