Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:12 pm It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Limbo Dancing
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
How do you get a deal now Boris?

Lie on your back (like a limbo dancer) crawl under a bar marked ‘no to no deal’, but do it feet or knees first thus presenting your balls to Brussels! Oh yeah! You may need to do this over a protracted three month period to let EU negotiators determine that you no longer hold any aces up your sleeve:? In Corbyn speak; “our nuclear submarine deterrent always sails without missiles for safety”.

Well in retrospect, paroging parliament may not have been such a good call, but when Mr Bercow dug up a 400 year old law to Parogue a 4th vote on ‘the only deal’ on the table, no one in the house said a word! :roll:
But seeing and hearing all the bile launched at Mr Johnson yesterday made me think that he had possibly misjudged the situation. Having been to 12 different schools in my youth, one thing l did learn is that if you rise to the top of the class at the end of term, then everyone goes on holiday for a few weeks, then sure as eggs are eggs as soon as the new term begins there will be a group trying to knock you off your perch for being a clever dick! lOl :roll:

Now we are also reading remainer dug up stories of how newspaper owners were originally behind Brexit to avoid having Brussels pry into their tax avoidance through British ‘tax havens’. But the elephant in the room could just as well be a certain Mr Soros and colleagues who made a mint out of the ‘Black Wednesday’ fiasco, and who may do the same over Brexit. This is hardly relevant though as speculators (read vultures) will always hedge their bets and make money whichever way the markets turn! :old:

Of course, all the above may be down to simple jealousy! :?

Boris is actually popular with much of the populace, has blonde hair, the top job, a family, but he lives with his lover, and a cat and a dog! What’s not to like? ;) ........or hate? :roll:

But my overriding sentiment yesterday was a feeling of shame and embarrassment at the carry on in parliament like a load of baying school children. Whether you are for the current PM or against him the whole thing Is a shambles. We can’t really stay in and we can’t leave, but we don’t appear to have the statesmen (or women) with the calibre to do anything positive. :ill:

Roll on a general election. :tw:

Post subject: Re: Limbo Dancing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:57 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
:yt: well said :yup:
It does beggar belief at times to think, that we elected these people to run our country :headbang:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:01 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
barney wrote:
:yt: well said :yup:
It does beggar belief at times to think, that we elected these people to run our country :headbang:

We didn't elect the current Buffoon?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:35 pm 

Current ride: xb12scg
those european wankers would do well to remember who saved them from nazi germany,as well as those 27 traitors in parliament.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:48 pm 

Current ride: S1W X1 NK650 K100 +
From a very selfish perspective I'm hoping for the pound to crash big time (in the short term) I'm financing my UK house restoration whilst being paid in Aussie dollars. The problem is though that the Aus dollar is crashing against the US dollar at the same rate the pound is going down, so my cunning plan isn't working :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 pm 

Bonzo wrote:
From a very selfish perspective I'm hoping for the pound to crash big time (in the short term) I'm financing my UK house restoration whilst being paid in Aussie dollars. The problem is though that the Aus dollar is crashing against the US dollar at the same rate the pound is going down, so my cunning plan isn't working :)

You may be onto something there. I’m beginning to think that many MPs are either too stupid to realise how much damage to industry more delay is causing, or they just don’t care because they are all in a syndicate of investors (as are some big players from abroad) who stand to make a killing as the pound continues to fall! :?

As for the current unelected bozo in power? There are still 7 weeks to go so we are hardly at the eleventh hour Boris claims he wants to get to to play his game of poker with the EU. Parliament have already knobbled him so we may never get the chance to see what he can or possibly does not plan to do! :roll:

LBCs James O’Brien got very silly today about Boris’s brother Joe’s resignation. It’s widely known that Joe and their sister and father are all remainers, but amicably so! Boris gave his brother a job after he had previously resigned from May’s government, but Joe was never committed to the cause and obviously felt uncomfortable in the new regime. :?

Meanwhile Rees-Mog who used to be a clever wag may now be losing a million votes every time he opens his mouth in areas he appears to be out of his depth. All they had to do was sit quiet and let the opposition dig their own holes! :old:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:24 am 

Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
edd wrote:
Meanwhile Rees-Mog who used to be a clever wag may now be losing a million votes every time he opens his mouth in areas he appears to be out of his depth. All they had to do was sit quiet and let the opposition dig their own holes! :old:

Not sure that worked out too well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:13 am 

Dusty wrote:
edd wrote:

He’d be at home in the House of Lords! lOl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:58 am 

Current ride: The wife
Chiz_4 wrote:
those european wankers would do well to remember who saved them from nazi germany,as well as those 27 traitors in parliament.

What do the Americans have to do with this? lOl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:08 am 

Current ride: The wife
Dusty wrote:
edd wrote:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:48 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
options..

1 stay
2 leave

everything else is just window dressing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

We already voted to leave and if Brussels won't budge then we should leave without a deal.....Boris is spot on IMO.....if he gives the finger to them and says we're outta here without a deal, I'd bet he doesn't make it out of the door before they call him back for a chat.....they need a deal more than we do, he's being bolloxed by all the other MP wankers with no backbone, how can you properly negotiate when your opponent knows you have no support ?......Thatcher and Churchill must be turning in their graves !

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:08 pm 

:yup:

I say the Queen should walk into the commons and tell them tell them to have an election so that the people can decide pronto! Or she ‘will not be amused!’ ;)

........oh sorry, didn’t Oliver Cromwell put paid to such a presumption! :roll:

Any ideas? :?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:27 pm 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
I have noticed that the Army Navy & Air force are recruiting again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Good luck with that !......for a poxy little island in the middle of nowhere we used to rule the world but the kids these days have no interest for anything that doesn't involve a phone, laptop or pooter game, let alone armed service, engineering or anything else that might get their hands dirty.....we're fucked and maybe brexit without a deal is just what we need as a nation for a wake up call, either way it's going to take decades to mend our divided country, if ever.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next