Last visit was: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:42 am It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1216 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 pm 

Beware the yellow race, it's in the bible so it must be true :coat:

2010 XT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:55 pm 

Countries that have been in lockdown are seeing new cases drop and in one case, Italy, the death rate is falling today compared to yesterday, I hope it is a reversal and not just a blip, the next week is crucial with the figures.
The UK need to go into lockdown now from what I can see.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
your only saying that Att , so you can go all ninja , to get all the bog rolls & pasta :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:09 pm 

Nutah wrote:
your only saying that Att , so you can go all ninja , to get all the bog rolls & pasta :twisted:

Ninja.....I intended curling one out in the supermarket car park if I had no bog roll. :sun:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:14 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
world stuffed full of technology & we are being beaten by some biological microbe

oh how the mighty have fallen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:32 pm 

The USA will overtake Italy tomorrow, it is very interesting right now and the numbers are truly horrific.
It was always going to be bad with their system and being a third world country masquerading as a modern society.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:03 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
I decided not before time that l had had enough of going to London given the current climate. The constant juggling with masks and gloves then sanitiser was getting more difficult with the job in hand, even though we do most of it on our own with minimal interaction with people. :?

The company were meeting to discuss options so l offered a string of scary scenarios facing their delivery drivers at my manager. The decision was probably a forgone conclusion, but I like to think that l encouraged them to pull the plug, saving me the hassle of having to refuse to work. ;) l feel sorry for the local staff who work in fairly safe isolation, but that’s not worth one death!

My agency have alternative ongoing work for me, which will be single working again, but more local. However, I’m hoping to be included in some government scheme such as ‘Furlow’ which could see 80% of salary paid by HMG just to stay at home. Having to stay home and do things other than make profits for other people for several weeks or evermore would not trouble me one bit. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Not trying to worry anyone but I'm not sure where the government are getting their 1 or so % death rate, it's actually 14% overall.
I've been following this Corona virus outbreak since it started on this site https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ which has always been pretty reliable for figures, and although the figures don't look too bad on the whole, it's the recovered cases & deaths you need to be watching overall.
China's figures have dropped because of the ban on movement, this is a stall tactic just like this UK government is trying to employ right now.
It hasn't worked in Italy & certainly isn't going to work in the USA for sure if you look at the new case figures up by nearly 10k at the time of writing this.
I highly recommend isolating on your bike at high velocity on the country lanes and don't stop to get a cuppa or talk to anyone at your usual stops.
This unfortunately is going to get more & more difficult unless you take a rucksack & use the excuse that you're doing your shopping "taking a creative route obviously".
I'm still riding while I can before Police & Army get too involved. I'm out tomorrow "checking my FIL's property in Sheffield", I'm sure I can get lost coming back.
Keep doing it while you can people.
Pissed off about Santa Pod, I was looking forward to that this year.
All the best & hope you don't get the virus. JB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:06 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
Don`t crash , breakdown , puncture ,run out of fuel then.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
He already has, liver transplant 6 years ago, so should be self-isolating :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:58 pm 

I can't think of anywhere better to self isolate than on my bike.
I'm not bothering anyone or spreading the Corona virus any more than if I was taking my dogs for a walk or going to the shops & I meet zero other humans on my bike.
My liver transplant was 7 years ago this April & it made me appreciate my life & the things I enjoy a lot more.
If I breakdown (I have fairly low expectations of doing this) my wife will fetch me & I'll conceal or sacrifice my bike. If I puncture a tyre, I have plugs & air cartridges. If I crash, then hopefully I'll be going fast enough for it to kill me immediately. If I had as high temperature & steady cough I'd be isolating for sure.
Before soon we'll all be locked down with no movement anyway, so whilst I'm still able & still only slightly bending the law & no danger to anyone but myself, I can't see any problem.
On my way over & back from Sheffield I did see plenty other bikers who obviously thought the same as I do, and more friendly nods & waves than I usually get on my Buell.
My bike is now on the drive after just being cleaned, 2 gallons of gas left, probably won't get the chance to us that up now, but I enjoyed the ride this am immensely.
Taking the dogs for a walk later & more than likely at higher risk of getting the Corona virus than if I were on my bike. Shopping to get soon as well risky business! Will probably do that on my bike as well with the regulation rucksack.
Hope all is well for everyone. JB.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:37 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
Bit like the selfish people in a light plane buzzing around , just stretching the rules.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:53 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
How long is this
social distancing
supposed to last ?
my wife keeps trying to
come back in the house

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:26 pm 

Current ride: The wife
barney wrote:
How long is this
social distancing
supposed to last ?
my wife keeps trying to
come back in the house

:rotfl:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:56 pm 

TOPGUMM wrote:
Bit like the selfish people in a light plane buzzing around , just stretching the rules.

Just like the 14 people I counted on my dog walk & had to pass, 8 of which didn't have dogs. The selfish F*****s, putting me at risk.

[ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1216 Next