Last visit was: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:02 am It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1724 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:49 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
Experts may have got it wrong, but........record level of deaths today as we are hitting the steep part of the pandemic curve :? .

No time to relax precautions. :cry:

It would seem that my agency do not have work for me, but they have a habit of just firing out emails and waiting. It took a while to land my previous London run. I have been proactive myself, but most of the driving jobs are taken. John Lewis drivers for instance were switched to serve Waitrose. :roll:
I approached another company today, but they only look at applicants online and they had 100 applications today! :shock:

I am still waiting to see what help HMG can give, but all channels seem to be jammed. Maybe l’ll just try early retirement.......if there’s anyone around to deal with my application! :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:00 pm 

Current ride: The wife
Here's an idea!
Get someone (maybe yourself) catch the fucker and give us a regular update :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:26 pm 

I was hoping to meet the fucker at a special function......but he’s ill......and the function has been cancelled due to the pandemic! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:04 pm 

Now l feel a bit sick? Boris Johnson moved into intensive care as a precaution in case he needs to go on a ventilator.

Wishing him all well in these critical hours.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:03 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Do you feel it would be social , morally and legal acceptable to use the likes of pepper spray or a cattle prod to ensure social distancing is maintained , just that recent events at work and whilst out shopping , there are still people struggling to grasp the need for the rule and adhere to the 2 metre rule :headbang: :headbang:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:35 am 

I feel a bit like Moses at the moment, wherever I walk large gaps open up for me and people turn their backs.....I have been wishing for this all of my life and finally I get it.
Have to be honest, but I do like all this virus thing, the roads are quiet, people don`t want to be anywhere near you and the weather has been brilliant since it all kicked off.

I shall vote for it next time :yup:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:49 pm 

:shock: :roll: :headbang: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/c ... spartandhp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:24 am 

an intersting read , in particular how things and people have changed their values
"An experience like that changes things, and for Ms. Yan it has reshuffled her priorities: Health and family first. Work, career, success — all of that second." :yup:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/cor ... spartandhp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
barney wrote:

Don't know what the big deal is. Driving around, you're not a risk to anyone else, unless you're a bad driver.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 pm 

I have been delivering mostly foodstuffs to various places and the way in which they treat and expect the yard staff and drivers is totally different to the way in which the office staff expect to be treated.

When I do a collection, I am expected to take the paperwork no question, yet when I do a delivery, no one wants the paperwork.....So that is finishing tomorrow, I am no longer taking paperwork and if my drop tomorrow refuses the paperwork I am getting in the bed and having a kip while all the wankmuffin cumstainer shitblocking putrid fucking desk jockies work out how they are going to do it.....Because I ain`t fucking budging, they can all fuck off for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:20 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
:shock: Annd relaaaxxxx ...... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 pm 

att :yt:
kinda same here ,some places are ok they know what they are doing surprisingly Erith London :yup: others Bedford / Midlands / Rochdale :roll: :headbang:
Arrive at RDC get gate pass from security ,round to goods in with paperwork POD’s for bay number , off to bay for unload , back round to goods in to sign gate pass ( drop and drive now . less paperwork to collect :D ), then back to security and exit . that’s 6 people who handled the gate pass in an hour and I was the only one wearing gloves :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:38 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
I maintain /repair passenger trains , so i am a key worker yeh go figure
I am exposed to risk , I have a wife & son who are both in the high risk group
am i worried fucking yes!! :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:31 am 

More about Covid 19 collective hysteria.

Watch from 1:38.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u3XdGg8nyQ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:35 am 

Well the local authorities appear to be quite relaxed, but sensible around here. I have to travel regularly when few other cars are out, but the police don’t give me a second look ( mind you they probably recognise me as a carer from my partner who uses a wheelchair and special van ). ;)

We know people in the health and care sectors and also people who have lost friends and family members so we know that death is going on around us. We also see the risks to older and more vulnerable people around us who we have to assist. We had to go to a main hospital last week for my partners son to have a minor opp. He was the only one on the ward and probably the last normal procedure that department were doing as the children’s ward was being turned into a pandemic ward the moment we left the building. Movement around departments by any public was strictly controlled. The order came through while we were there for all staff to start wearing masks. I heard that measure announced that morning on TV and l walked in with my mask in place. :?

We also met and chatted (at a distance ) with my partners old consultant surgeon who had operated on her previously. He had been in the main block dealing with Covid 19 victims and he gave us no illusions about what was going on. :cry:

We may be overreacting, but better that way now so we can get over the peak sooner. We can see that nearly happening in China, Italy and Spain. :ill: I am drinking ginger tea everyday, avoiding sugary drinks, and trying to reduce my Candida levels as l have a complex lung sensitivity l do not know how much that would mix with the virus if l was unlucky. :?

If l have any criticism of the authorities, it is the slowness in lock down and quarenteen of international travellers in the very beginning, and more recently the assumption that everyone has a computer to do everything online! :roll: Apart from all that things are generally good! :sun:

[ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1724 Next