Last visit was: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:43 am It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1824 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Mitch wrote:
More about Covid 19 collective hysteria.

Watch from 1:38.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u3XdGg8nyQ

Really interesting video Mitch. JB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:46 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
Come to Wales and we`ll burn you and your horse this long weekend. :old:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:49 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Meibion Glyndwr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:51 pm 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
Mitch wrote:

Really interesting video Mitch. JB

The Lord is on the money, we are asking for our freedoms to be taken from us and after reading so much of Russia lately, it chills me just how eager people are to grass up their neighbours and are actively encouraged to do so.....None of this is going to end well......Either get a virus that kills all of us, or just get the fuck on with life, as I am not taking well to the paranoia some class A fucking idiots are showing and those with terror on their faces because you go near them, I have moved from laughing at them to just wanting to twat them now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:21 pm 

barney wrote:
Meibion Glyndwr

No we`ve run out of BBQ meat Barney

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:44 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
I cycled to our local supermarket today and as l reached a junction a woman on the foot way stopped to let me exit the junction. Instead of crossing the road l turned right onto the corner of the footway to take a short cut for a short distance along the path. Naughty l know, but the street was almost deserted and the path was particularly wide there, but still kept 2 metres from the woman as l passed her. She lept to one side and shouted FFS out loud! :roll: What exactly am l emitting that makes 1.95 metres so dangerous to her space? I was wearing my cycling pollution mask to avoid hay fever as much as anyone else’s breath. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:00 pm 

edd wrote:
I cycled to our local supermarket today and as l reached a junction a woman on the foot way stopped to let me exit the junction. Instead of crossing the road l turned right onto the corner of the footway to take a short cut for a short distance along the path. Naughty l know, but the street was almost deserted and the path was particularly wide there, but still kept 2 metres from the woman as l passed her. She lept to one side and shouted FFS out loud! :roll: What exactly am l emitting that makes 1.95 metres so dangerous to her space? I was wearing my cycling pollution mask to avoid hay fever as much as anyone else’s breath. ;)

If she`s a hefty lass you only have to keep 1.5 metres from her :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:06 pm 

If she was a hefty lass l might have seen it as a come on! lOl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:59 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
she thought you shouldn't be on the pavement
lucky she didn't go zombie apocalypse on yer ass and pump action shotgun you down motherfuker etc... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:43 am 

Current ride: The wife
If you had to sacrifice the population of just one city to get rid of this virus ... Which city would you choose?

and why Bradford?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:11 am 

Mitch wrote:

That’s one point of view, but had we acted sooner and had more effective controls at the start we wouldn’t have needed such draconian measures. Singapore and New Zealand in particular. South Korea didn’t even impose a lock down. As for the UK? apart from the generally sensible population where l live there are a lot of dummies who l wouldn’t say held much critical faculty and given any excuse would run a mock! :roll:

I doubt that our own government have any aspirations towards a police state. They are made up of individuals who are too self centred, weak and disorganised themselves. Boris just stands out for having a bit more character and for being just a little too ‘clever’ for his own good! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:19 am 

edd wrote:
Mitch wrote:

That’s one point of view, but had we acted sooner and had more effective controls at the start we wouldn’t have needed such draconian measures. Singapore and New Zealand in particular. South Korea didn’t even impose a lock down. As for the UK? apart from the generally sensible population where l live there are a lot of dummies who l wouldn’t say held much critical faculty and given any excuse would run a mock! :roll:

I doubt that our own government have any aspirations towards a police state. They are made up of individuals who are too self centred, weak and disorganised themselves. Boris just stands out for having a bit more character and for being just a little too ‘clever’ for his own good! ;)

His point of view was based mainly in the legality of the current situation & the powers given to Police to enforce what are in actual fact recommendations (not law).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:52 pm 

True! ;)

A friend was giving us the low down in S.A. They haven’t had it bad yet, but the fear is what happens when it reaches the ‘townships’. :?

The chances of catching your death may be low for many of us, but........The virus may not be as dangerous if there was more testing so that more people knew who was spreading it and if everyone followed distancing advice. The biggest danger is that we just don’t know and are unlikely to know until the pandemic blows over and the academics can get their teeth into the statistics. Should keep them busy for a few years! ;)

There are some interesting articles online about infection and mortality trends. The sad thing is that deaths of positively tested as infected is now the only indicator, but death rate reporting is inconsistent between some countries. :roll: I just read today that deaths in care homes have not been reported or included! :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:11 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
:yt: it's only the NHS ones that have been used at the mo , so are an under reported number .
Scotland have recently started telling us about Total numbers provided by ONS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:18 pm 

edd wrote:
True! ;)

A friend was giving us the low down in S.A. They haven’t had it bad yet, but the fear is what happens when it reaches the ‘townships’. :?

The chances of catching your death may be low for many of us, but........The virus may not be as dangerous if there was more testing so that more people knew who was spreading it and if everyone followed distancing advice. The biggest danger is that we just don’t know and are unlikely to know until the pandemic blows over and the academics can get their teeth into the statistics. Should keep them busy for a few years! ;)

There are some interesting articles online about infection and mortality trends. The sad thing is that deaths of positively tested as infected is now the only indicator, but death rate reporting is inconsistent between some countries. :roll: I just read today that deaths in care homes have not been reported or included! :?

My father in law has suspected Covid 19 & so does most of his floor in the home in Sheffield.
No testing so no reporting.
The scientific approach tells us nothing about how many people have it & at present the Government are purely managing the numbers so the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed.
As far as the pandemic blowing over Edd, just how do you expect that's going to happen?
How come the UK has 3 times as many deaths as China when we knew it was coming?
It's a real mess.
Check it out https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

[ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1824 Next