Last visit was: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:11 am It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1924 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:22 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
and just when you thinks it's getting better
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... spartandhp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:54 am 

barney wrote:
and just when you thinks it's getting better

If true, then that is a game changer....The way in which the game changes will be very interesting as you will have a population that will think it is going to die whatever happens, when in reality you can get it and not even know you have had it, or it can kill you....All I know is that I am seeing and meeting a lot of terrified people and the death rate so far is fuck all really.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:45 am 

Current ride: XB9SX
I watched a telling and irritating piece on TV yesterday saying that only medical staff and carers need to wear masks. Then they show a computer image of how a persons cough in a supermarket spreads far and wide! :roll: The excuse was that careless handling of the mask could just increase your chance of infecting yourself unless you clean it regularly and don’t handle to intake areas, but this was put across in a cynical way as if we are all idiots.

The impression l got was that they are terrified that if everyone tried to buy masks that there wouldn’t be enough for essential users......so the rest of you are just cannon fodder if you have to go shopping!

You can use cycling masks, builders masks or whatever. One doctor l heard said that they were all just as effective. He had in fact gone to Screwfix to buy masks for his own medical team. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:24 am 

:yt: I think it’s more a case of, the mask if worn by an infected person will reduce their spread of the virus and as a double protection we the unaffected wearing a mask will protect us from any random air bourn partials,
At work I use my motorbike snood and work gloves when I have to get close to people deliver/ collecting paperwork, and this is weeks after the government told us to go contactless with money because of cross contamination risks , you would of thought by now an email or fax to our customers with the list of the food stuffs we are delivering would have been in place

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:07 pm 

Current ride: The wife
lOl :clap: :yup:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:47 pm 

Current ride: Muffin 2001 X1
Jazzbutcher wrote:
edd wrote:
True! ;)

A friend was giving us the low down in S.A. They haven’t had it bad yet, but the fear is what happens when it reaches the ‘townships’. :?

The chances of catching your death may be low for many of us, but........The virus may not be as dangerous if there was more testing so that more people knew who was spreading it and if everyone followed distancing advice. The biggest danger is that we just don’t know and are unlikely to know until the pandemic blows over and the academics can get their teeth into the statistics. Should keep them busy for a few years! ;)

There are some interesting articles online about infection and mortality trends. The sad thing is that deaths of positively tested as infected is now the only indicator, but death rate reporting is inconsistent between some countries. :roll: I just read today that deaths in care homes have not been reported or included! :?

My father in law has suspected Covid 19 & so does most of his floor in the home in Sheffield.
No testing so no reporting.
The scientific approach tells us nothing about how many people have it & at present the Government are purely managing the numbers so the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed.
As far as the pandemic blowing over Edd, just how do you expect that's going to happen?
How come the UK has 3 times as many deaths as China when we knew it was coming?
It's a real mess.
Check it out https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
We probably have more recorded than China because they didn't include the ones that they executed and made disappear ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:51 pm 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
kevmean wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
edd wrote:
True! ;)

A friend was giving us the low down in S.A. They haven’t had it bad yet, but the fear is what happens when it reaches the ‘townships’. :?

The chances of catching your death may be low for many of us, but........The virus may not be as dangerous if there was more testing so that more people knew who was spreading it and if everyone followed distancing advice. The biggest danger is that we just don’t know and are unlikely to know until the pandemic blows over and the academics can get their teeth into the statistics. Should keep them busy for a few years! ;)

There are some interesting articles online about infection and mortality trends. The sad thing is that deaths of positively tested as infected is now the only indicator, but death rate reporting is inconsistent between some countries. :roll: I just read today that deaths in care homes have not been reported or included! :?

My father in law has suspected Covid 19 & so does most of his floor in the home in Sheffield.
No testing so no reporting.
The scientific approach tells us nothing about how many people have it & at present the Government are purely managing the numbers so the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed.
As far as the pandemic blowing over Edd, just how do you expect that's going to happen?
How come the UK has 3 times as many deaths as China when we knew it was coming?
It's a real mess.
Check it out https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
We probably have more recorded than China because they didn't include the ones that they executed and made disappear ;)

Executed? Is that just a statement Kev, or is it a statement of fact?
And while we're at it, do you think "The UK Government" have accurate numbers of people in the UK who have Covid 19 & accurate numbers of how many have died from it?
In actual fact at this point in time lots of our numbers are also disappearing into the ether.
It's a sad state of affairs for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:53 pm 

I think the UK government have accurate numbers of people that have died in hospital and have tested positive for covid-19.
I think the ONS have accurate numbers of ALL the people that have been recorded as died each week in the UK , as not all of these have had a test , it is left to the Doctor/ coroner to decide what goes on the death certificate as to cause of death.
All this being somewhat circumstantial in the overall scheme of things ,
Fact still remains it is pasted on by contact with others. So until a vaccine is available, maintain social distancing, simples :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:13 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Looks like my Father In Law has pulled through after suspected Corona infection. Care staff (who are all mainly living in) said he was still singing all the time he had it, apart from the day they rang us to ask us if we wanted to see him (when they thought he was going to die as he was deathly white).
He really is a tough old boot, 89 years old, doesn't even know who he is & still pulled through.
Gives me hope as I'm guessing we're all going to get it at some point.
Happy days, hope you're all well. JB

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:13 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
The lemmings were out in force today......and many more expected tomorrow. :roll:

I feel safer staying home sawing and screwing (wood that is! lOl ).

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 6:28 am 

edd wrote:
The lemmings were out in force today......and many more expected tomorrow. :roll:

:yt:

poping down to London in a while , delivering food to the capital , strange thing feel safer there than back home in the shires , in London they know about social distancing and cross contamination control measures and do thing right

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:46 am 

Current ride: The wife
;)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:50 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
Gotta say I'm sick and tired of all this virus crap. It's well past time for the world to move on. A certain number of people are destined to get sick. A certain number of people are destined to die. Instead of getting it done in a 3 month span, it's going to drag out over the course of a year or two and do all kinds of other damage as well.

The people who are going to get it, are going to get it bad. Gloves, face masks and disinfecting everything in sight, including themselves is doing more harm than good. You can't fight any kind of an illness if you don't have a resistance built up. The only way to do that is expose yourself regularly to germs. Go places, get dirty, stay strong. Everyone I know is doing that and doing well. Nothing has changed for us except that we can't hang out in places that are shut down by law....bars. Other than that, we're riding, hanging out, shopping and amongst everyone else in public places.

Anyone so afraid of dying that they're willing to stop living, well, it's probably time for them to go. I've said before that the world can do with 4 billion less people. The earth will repair itself, global warming will end and we'll all be less stressed because we're not surrounded by way too many idiots who annoy us. Unemployment will also go own or away. Need a house? There will be plenty available for cheap. You're dead neighbor won't need his boat any more either. Time to go water skiing. I see nothing but benefits.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:51 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
No, att did not hack my account.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:43 pm 

Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
x1glider wrote:
No, att did not hack my account.

Nope, but Trump has

[ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1924 Next