Last visit was: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:46 am It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2024 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 pm 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 pm 

I can't decide whether I want this to be over, or to carry on. Work has been good as I only go in if my boss asks me to. 4 days at home last week and a 3 hour job on Friday. Most other weeks have been busier though. This week if I don't go in for 4 hours every day, then I don't get paid shift allowance. So I'm staying home. :D

It's nice way to get used to being retired which I will be early April next year. :old:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:34 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
I saw a ‘Harold’s Planet’ birthday card today; How to avoid stress at work........don’t go to work! lOl

I went out today to buy more wood for home projects. Too late it would seem as there were long queues everywhere! So l drove straight out of the store car parks and went home to work on the Buell again. :roll:

I was enjoying having the streets to myself. lOl What happened over the weekend to bring the crowds out again? :?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:49 pm 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
Why are we waiting for an antidote, when 99% of people have recovered without one?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:15 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
mojomick wrote:
Why are we waiting for an antidote, when 99% of people have recovered without one?

If that`s the case then a street of 30 houses, housing 100 people, 1 will die.
Humanity is what is required , not the simple fact of carry on regardless.
If we had ignored it all there would be a lot more belly up on a trolley . I`m thankfull for the lockdown and can only look on in amusement at the people rushing to get back to normal.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:22 pm 

Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
I thought this was about allowing the NHS to cope, which they are. We know a few that are working in the hospitals and those in with the Rona are in a shit state - some will die so what do we do? Release the plebs onto the street? I include myself in that :D

Even though I get to ride to work I’m missing recreational riding as we’re not allowed to up here ‘cause Nicola said not. ;) i have no idea what to do - but then I’m not an expert.

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Triumph Street Triple RS
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:49 pm 

From what l could see in reports it was a close run thing in some hospitals nudging the unable to cope level only a few weeks ago. :? We scraped by being worse than Spain or Italy on average, but complacency could see another hiccup. :roll:

What was it all for unless we keep calm but keep playing the game for a while yet until the death rate flattens out. At nigh on 35,000 deaths and still climbing here we are already significantly higher than the previous highest influenza year by 25%. And correct me if l’m wrong, but l don’t think that flu bout killed hospital staff. :old:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:19 am 

Listen folks, when are you going to learn that we never hear the truth from government sources or the news, that's all shit. Read these & learn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_ac ... onavirus_2

and also this one

https://www.fpm.org.uk/blog/covid-19-sa ... -pandemic/

We are being told that this is Covid 19, (how many of you thought that was the virus?) Yep that's the news & Government for you, (distraction). It's f**k all of the sort, it's covid 2 the SARS/MERS virus from way back in 2002. Covid 19 is THE NAME GIVEN TO THE DISEASE, NOT THE ACTUAL VIRUS.
Funny how we're still awaiting an antidote/innoculation whatever, from a virus that appeared way back in 2002. Doesn't say much for the chances of the poor B******ds who are susceptible any time soon.

Furthermore the really saddening fact is that it takes a massive hit on the economy for any action to start to be taken. The hit on the human race are simply casualties of inaction because they never thought it would hit the pandemic stage that it has. I wonder if SAGE has worked that out yet with their scientific approach. (They're gonna get the blame).

Also Mick, if 99% have recovered how do you explain the 14% death rate on this global data collection site, see here https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
As always it's the closed cases with recovered & deaths which should be the one your looking at. Not the 4.8 million who have it currently.
All the best folks & stay safe.JB

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:12 am 

t965m wrote:
I thought this was about allowing the NHS to cope, which they are. We know a few that are working in the hospitals and those in with the Rona are in a shit state - some will die so what do we do? Release the plebs onto the street? I include myself in that :D

Even though I get to ride to work I’m missing recreational riding as we’re not allowed to up here ‘cause Nicola said not. ;) i have no idea what to do - but then I’m not an expert.

As a few people have commented; Nicola can be obsessive about things to the point of irritation, but she appears to have conveyed clear leadership compared to many others in this crisis. ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
mojomick wrote:

Because 99% have not had it yet, nowhere near that figure
Working on your figure “99% of people have recovered “
That means 1% did not . :sad1:
Last night’s total was close on 35000 have died , at 1% of the infected that’s only 3.5 million who have recovered out of a population of 67.8 million .
I think we still got a long way to go yet, to even get to ,50-60 % and the herd immunity.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:11 am 

"Herd immunity" is a dream. The health guy in charge of this pandemic is the same guy who managed to wipe out all of the cows during the Tuberculosis outbreak with his ideas of "Herd Immunity".
Oh yeah, he's doing it again isn't he? Except this time it's Humans who are being sacrificed for the good of the "Herd".
If you listen to the daily briefs by the Government you will hear "Sage this" "Sage that" "Scientific approach This" & "scientific approach that", This shifts the blame from the Government onto Sage & the Science, they're the ones who are gonna take the fall.
Boris will just "bluster & Sage" "bluster scientific approach" "bluster we were following their advice" "bluster bluster".
It's the f****n' disaster of this century. JB

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:24 pm 

Current ride: The wife
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Listen folks, when are you going to learn that we never hear the truth from government sources or the news, that's all shit. Read these & learn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_ac ... onavirus_2

and also this one

https://www.fpm.org.uk/blog/covid-19-sa ... -pandemic/

We are being told that this is Covid 19, (how many of you thought that was the virus?) Yep that's the news & Government for you, (distraction). It's f**k all of the sort, it's covid 2 the SARS/MERS virus from way back in 2002. Covid 19 is THE NAME GIVEN TO THE DISEASE, NOT THE ACTUAL VIRUS.
Funny how we're still awaiting an antidote/innoculation whatever, from a virus that appeared way back in 2002. Doesn't say much for the chances of the poor B******ds who are susceptible any time soon.

Furthermore the really saddening fact is that it takes a massive hit on the economy for any action to start to be taken. The hit on the human race are simply casualties of inaction because they never thought it would hit the pandemic stage that it has. I wonder if SAGE has worked that out yet with their scientific approach. (They're gonna get the blame).

Also Mick, if 99% have recovered how do you explain the 14% death rate on this global data collection site, see here https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
As always it's the closed cases with recovered & deaths which should be the one your looking at. Not the 4.8 million who have it currently.
All the best folks & stay safe.JB

I take it then that you don't support the 5G theory :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:41 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
:hehe: or it could be https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... sease.html :eat:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:36 pm 

Hi Folks,
Just like to bring to your attention as another matter of interest regarding the corona virus & our Conservative Government.
Did anyone out there know that Westminster are refusing to sign a deal that makes the corona vaccination, when found, "generic", they want to sell the f****r the greedy W****rs & signed a deal already with Astra Zeneca & Oxford University.
Here's hoping some other more humanitarian country develops it first & shoots the greedy corporate money grabbing B******s in the foot.
I didn't hear any of that on the Government Corana Virus update or the news. Funny that?
I can't get my breath, are these people Human?
Hope you're all well. JB

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:21 pm 

x1glider wrote:

Anyone so afraid of dying that they're willing to stop living, well, it's probably time for them to go. I've said before that the world can do with 4 billion less people. The earth will repair itself, global warming will end and we'll all be less stressed because we're not surrounded by way too many idiots who annoy us. Unemployment will also go own or away. Need a house? There will be plenty available for cheap. You're dead neighbor won't need his boat any more either. Time to go water skiing. I see nothing but benefits.

The numbers are interesting. 4 billion less people will be difficult and will require a more aggressive virus me thinks! :?

The human is a particularly virulent species who just loves to procreate. The war of 1939 to 1945 killed 66 million bodies, which if laid side by side would have encircled the world :shock: a truly global conflict in one sense.

Having said that. If you look at the curve of population growth during the first half of the 20th century, WW1 and WW2 barely register as a blip on the graph! :roll:

We may have over cooked our planet. :sad1:

[ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 2024 Next