Last visit was: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:39 am It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2527 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 12:17 am 

Current ride: S1`s
Maz wrote:
Exactly....for myself I couldn't give a shit, my life ended Feb 2013.....in order to die you have to be alive first, I have a son and a one year old grandson, I've built a few nice bikes (machines tend to outlive humans) so when my number is called I'm happy enough to have left my mark.
Only thing I have nightmares about is snuffing it whilst I still have customers bikes in bits :x

Chrome coffin maz :?:

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:11 am 

Current ride: XB9SX
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I personally don't think you know what risk is until you've had your knee down on an 1125r on an adverse camber, uneven corner.
Corona virus has f**k all on that let me tell you. :old: :twisted:
Won't be doing that for a while :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

That’s really living!

Other people often complain about my driving when they passenger in my car. I think that l would possibly fall asleep from bordom if l didn’t mix it up a bit. Hence my urge to try to drift, slide, induce over or understeer, even late braking when l know the discs are oversize. Driving in rain or snow is a personal favourite for the wrong reasons. I was stopped and cautioned a few years ago. Others think l am taking risks, but l don’t think l am at the time. :?

On a powered two wheeler l don’t feel the need to explore limits. It’s more ‘zen’ to me. I just enjoy the experience. Although l had a few serious scraps (and scrapes) in my youth. Maybe l have the two modes of transport mixed up? lOl

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:57 am 

Current ride: The wife
It's all about control...the government think they can control us......with FEAR!
https://coronacircus.com/2020/04/30/mor ... l-warfare/

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:48 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Nice one Finmows,
Really interesting article & links to the necessary reading.
Well done for posting it. :yup: JB

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:11 pm 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
This is pretty interesting also I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2NLa3a ... OfbTJRU79Q

As I've been reading more & thinking more about greed & how that effects us all & wondering why our Gov wants to sell any vaccination they may find. I also find myself wondering about Cummings trip to Barnard castle (where Glaxo/Smith/Kline happens to have a massive complex) & the reasons why he hasn't been sacked after giving such a shit excuse for driving there.
https://uk.gsk.com/en-gb/about-us/uk-lo ... rd-castle/

Just saying. JB

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 5:08 pm 

Finmows wrote:
It's all about control...the government think they can control us......with FEAR!

Nice one, I have dropped that into a tankful of know it alls on another forum, it will be interesting to see what they make of that ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:45 pm 

Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
A complete head fuck for this callsign but interesting.

I suppose the percentage is small unless it affects you directly - I’ve know four people who have died of the Rona. To be fair all had underlying issues.

Is it wrong that I’m actually ok with a lot of this social distancing? Minimal people out and about, nice.

Not being able to recreationally ride is a pain and they’re actively stopping folk up here. Not being able to meet good folk and my grandchildren is getting tiresome too.

Like Maz I’ve had a full life and would have no complaints if I snuffed it now. Don’t get me wrong, I’m in no rush - at long last I can afford toys and holidays and I’d like a few more years to enjoy them. Seeing real friends and some of our family would be good too :D

At the end of the day we need to do what we think is right - that’s tough when facts are hard to sort from the shite.

Stay true to yourselves and keep an open mind. Someone’s got to be right :)

Peace, out.

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Triumph Street Triple RS
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:48 pm 

So true. With me it’s more fear for others and needing to protect them. My partner may not survive a serious dose of the virus due to her breathing difficulties. Although having had lung issues myself 20 years ago, l know how crap that can be and how long it took me to get over it fully. I don’t have the time left to go there again so can l have a middling to mild dose only if ever please? ;)

I thought the whole lock down thing was about protecting health workers anyway? Then again l heard that the last Thursday clap was due soon!? :? Now ‘they’ are talking about a permanent monument to health workers who died. FFS let the dust settle before we start the damn parades and the sequel and the making of the sequel to the parade! :roll:

I saw a few small packs of bikers out here in the west of England about to shag the tarmac somewhere or on their way home. I stopped at a bike dealer car park to chat to other bikers On my way home from the timber merchants, but l think l’ll keep mine in the garage for a while yet. ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:55 am 

Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
:yt:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:33 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
:yt: Everybody’s life experiences will be different, as will their skill level on a motorbike ,some ride fast some ride slow , everyone’s got their own interpretation of danger and they have their own comfort zone.
With age comes wisdom ( in most cases :roll: ) you do whatever you feel is safe for you and those around you .
Hopefully see you all soon :yup:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:31 pm 

I fly to Portugal tomorrow AM. No quarantine, despite what the media would have you believe and the FCO. I have to go as the weather there has been most unusual, wet, hot, wet, hot, ad nauseam....So I will have 2.5 acres of jungle to clear lOl Thank god the other acre is rock!

I planted the fastest growing trees known when I left in January...Paulownia Tomentosa, so they may have done something, I shall find out. :o

I fly back as the UK implement the 14 day quarantine, of which I am exempt, but shall find out just how they are implementing that regulation and how the border force lot carry on, I am well versed in procedure, so I may be some time getting back into the UK lOl

The bollocks of it all is that I am permitted to get on an aircraft with many others and spend 2.5 hours with them, but I am not allowed to go indoors with friends or family, it really is a clusterfuck this country.

I have to say that I cannot see the UK coming back from this, my business for the last two months has been 90% EU, the UK has just shut down and is affecting my business now, so the writing is on the wall for me and what I must do.

have said for many years that the UK is fucked, it truly is now in so many ways and many will have no jobs to return to and all because of an over reaction by those who will never be affected as their wealth will cushion them forever, that is a recipe for social unrest if there ever was one. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:18 am 

Finmows wrote:

Surely we know about anchor thinking? We ride Buells (well most of us do?) while friends are terrified of the prospect of ownership. Don’t they have reliability issues? Or ‘A high revving Harley.......not a good idea!’ :? Have you actually ridden one? Er no, but l couldn’t handle the vibration, etc, etc :roll: Constant reinforcement of their own preconceptions built on what someone else has put into their heads. :roll:

But then (playing devils advocate) if everyone owned a Buell wouldn’t we ride something else? lOl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:49 am 

Finmows wrote:
TOPGUMM wrote:
I have banned myself from Tescos because of my sudden urge to hit people due to this one way shopping lark .

Makes me feel better .

I still go to Tesco!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 am 

Current ride: S1`s
Pfft ! No Lingerie dept.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:56 am 

TOPGUMM wrote:
Pfft ! No Lingerie dept.

Shit like that is found in clothing :roll:

[ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2527 Next