Last visit was: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:09 am It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:17 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
That’s clever.

I’ve just been reading how far ahead ‘The Jetsons’ cartoon was set in 2062 in 1962; housekeeping robots, tanning beds, touchscreens and video chat! ;) No Orbit City, flying cars (for all) or moving sidewalks though. :?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:58 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
orbit city , space station
flying cars , last year trials started of autonomous passenger drone service (taxi)
moving sidewalks , only at congested places, shopping centres , airports
what's the next 100 years going to bring ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 am 

barney wrote:
orbit city , space station
flying cars , last year trials started of autonomous passenger drone service (taxi)
moving sidewalks , only at congested places, shopping centres , airports

Have you read Arthur C Clarke’s ‘Profiles of the Future’? May be dated in parts now, but the long term stuff is interesting and he updated it regularly until his departure. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:21 am 

Current ride: The wife
barney wrote:
... last year trials started of autonomous passenger drone service (taxi)
....and thank fuck that is not going to happen in Coventry (according to the news I heard on TV...but I can't find a link) ;)
Quote:

I'm not too sure about that....now... would I prefer a dangerous, non freethinking, soulless, automatic, humourless thing like a driverless car....hold on a minute...we already have Uber!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:55 pm 

What will the next 100 years bring? :?

Personal flying pods. ;)

Homes will be built, or fitted with ‘smart walls’ which can be programmed to change colour, pattern or to show film and images instead of smaller component TVs.

Smart phones will get a bit smaller, then go bigger again before reverting to their current size, but phones will be able to carry out continuous and instantaneous monitoring of the users state of health then relay details directly to your medical advisor, droid, computer or whatever to administer remedial action! :shock:

Earth warming will reach a critical +1.97 degrees C and non sustainable energy consumption including all non essential travel will be banned for a ten year period. :cry:

Mutated Covid 19 will reduce population to a sustainable level! :|

Terms of the UKs exit deal from the EU will still be debated! lOl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:29 pm 

Meat processing plants/factories......Going off big time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:17 am 

att wrote:
Meat processing plants/factories......Going off big time.

you been watching old films again .soylent green :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:28 pm 

:? I’ve been reading about the spread of Hong Kong Flu in 1968 when 80,000 died. :shock:

We had no shut down, mainly because the media was much less active than today. :roll: I have struggled to find out how many health workers were affected back then. I think hospitals were possibly healthier places then. Matron would come round and open windows to ventilate the wards, and if you had a lung complaint you were wheeled out onto an open air balcony. If the steam fired soot didn’t kill you, nothing else would! lOl

More worrying is the prospect of rolling out 5G. You can’t block that with a face mask or antiseptic wipes. Most of us will be unsuspecting guinea pigs unless someone on here knows more about the science?
It will be long time before any increase in cancer rates show up. Perhaps we should be demanding data from places in the world where higher transmission levels were deemed necessary. :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17 pm 

Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
Radio waves have been around us for some considerable time now. If lower frequency radio waves haven't caused any problems why should higher frequency waves cause any long term effects. Has there been any reported problems with the people who work in mast installation or maintenance that show an increase in health problems over the general population ? Just asking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:47 pm 

I read just as many arguments by educated souls against 5G as for it, but my suspicions grow when the pro-lobby resort to ridicule at simple questions about non-ionising radiation. Eg: ‘protestors claim Covid 19 was caused by 5G!’ From that point on there is no room for logical discussion. :roll:

Some point to radiation from the sun, which they say is just as much risk to us.......but we have had millions of years in adapting to that radiation. :? Maybe we should ask some Eastern European’s who l heard have been exposed to 5G for a while due to peculiar reception requirements? :? I don’t expect any serious studies to be produced here as commercial forces will march relentlessly over any conflicting arguments. :cry:

On a lighter note.....literally. ;) This is electrical rather than radiological, but l sometimes experience a serious wobble when a big thunder storm approaches me head on. If I’m lying in bed as a storm approaches l sometimes feel almost weightless. Sadly actual levitation has not occurred yet! lOl Maybe a few helium balloons would tip the balance! :hehe:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:05 pm 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
edd wrote:
:? I’ve been reading about the spread of Hong Kong Flu in 1968 when 80,000 died. :shock:

We had no shut down, mainly because the media was much less active than today. :roll: I have struggled to find out how many health workers were affected back then. I think hospitals were possibly healthier places then. Matron would come round and open windows to ventilate the wards, and if you had a lung complaint you were wheeled out onto an open air balcony. If the steam fired soot didn’t kill you, nothing else would! lOl

More worrying is the prospect of rolling out 5G. You can’t block that with a face mask or antiseptic wipes. Most of us will be unsuspecting guinea pigs unless someone on here knows more about the science?
It will be long time before any increase in cancer rates show up. Perhaps we should be demanding data from places in the world where higher transmission levels were deemed necessary. :?

I had that Hong Kong Flu in 68, I was 11 & still remember it like it was yesterday.
I got off the train from Dundee hadn't felt so good on the train, bit of a headache, walking home I started puking & then shivering & shaking uncontrollably, felt absolutely deathly. I managed to get home, I was so glad to make it, later on was totally delirious, my bed was soaking for days. Took me a week to feel anything like & I was left like a little skeleton.
F****n' horrible, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:37 am 

Current ride: The wife
edd wrote:
Some point to radiation from the sun, which they say is just as much risk to us.......but we have had millions of years in adapting to that radiation. :?

Having visited Surfers paradise Queensland...and seeing ONE street with (a quick count) 30+ skin cancer clinics, I would say we are a little behind with adapting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:34 am 

Jazzbutcher wrote:

I had that Hong Kong Flu in 68, I was 11 & still remember it like it was yesterday.
I got off the train from Dundee hadn't felt so good on the train, bit of a headache, walking home I started puking & then shivering & shaking uncontrollably, felt absolutely deathly. I managed to get home, I was so glad to make it, later on was totally delirious, my bed was soaking for days. Took me a week to feel anything like & I was left like a little skeleton.
F****n' horrible, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Wow! Poor you, and l was just a 9 year old who knew nothing about it, except possibly hearing Hong Kong mentioned a few more times by adults. My father went there the year before shortly before leaving the Navy in 68. Fortunately all he brought back was a nice colour slide show. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:36 am 

Finmows wrote:
edd wrote:
Some point to radiation from the sun, which they say is just as much risk to us.......but we have had millions of years in adapting to that radiation. :?

Having visited Surfers paradise Queensland...and seeing ONE street with (a quick count) 30+ skin cancer clinics, I would say we are a little behind with adapting

Except that l doubt if the indigenous Australian Aborigeni visited those clinics. 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:59 am 

DaveH wrote:
Radio waves have been around us for some considerable time now. If lower frequency radio waves haven't caused any problems why should higher frequency waves cause any long term effects. Has there been any reported problems with the people who work in mast installation or maintenance that show an increase in health problems over the general population ? Just asking.

microwaves cook food .
sonic weapons
its all a case of frequency and exposure time , a bit like the coal miners of old with pneumoconiosis
and building workers / car makers/ mechanics working with asbestos

[ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next