Last visit was: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 am It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:03 am 

Current ride: The wife
barney wrote:
working with asbestos

I knew someone who died of Asbestosis...

Took 3 days to cremate them

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:20 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
edd wrote:
Finmows wrote:
edd wrote:
Some point to radiation from the sun, which they say is just as much risk to us.......but we have had millions of years in adapting to that radiation. :?

Having visited Surfers paradise Queensland...and seeing ONE street with (a quick count) 30+ skin cancer clinics, I would say we are a little behind with adapting

Except that l doubt if the indigenous Australian Aborigeni visited those clinics. 8-)

The indigenous people weren't fair skinned, not much call for skin cancer clinics in Sweden. JB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:23 am 

Finmows wrote:
barney wrote:
working with asbestos

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:36 pm 

Current ride: XB9R XB12Scg
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Finmows wrote:
barney wrote:
working with asbestos

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm laughing, in spite of the fact I am waiting for asbestosis to kick in after working for years at a garage back in the 70's where we blew brakes out with an airline. You literally could not see across the workshop for asbestos dust. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:05 pm 

Ralph2 wrote:
I'm laughing, in spite of the fact I am waiting for asbestosis to kick in after working for years at a garage back in the 70's where we blew brakes out with an airline.

We've all done (what we now know as) stupid shit without PPE, I did welding for years without ventilation (and galvanized gives out some proper nasty fumes)
Who says you're going to get asbestosis?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:50 pm 

I did hot knives for a few years, that was really stupid shit, couldn't see the other end of the kitchen as I was so off my face.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:12 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
Finmows wrote:
Ralph2 wrote:
I'm laughing, in spite of the fact I am waiting for asbestosis to kick in after working for years at a garage back in the 70's where we blew brakes out with an airline.

We've all done (what we now know as) stupid shit without PPE, I did welding for years without ventilation (and galvanized gives out some proper nasty fumes)
Who says you're going to get asbestosis?

My Citroen GS and GSAs had inboard discs behind the front mounted air cooled engine. Even though the cylinder fins were enclosed in fan cooling ducts, the discs wouldn’t really work as well and overheated without original factory asbestos pads. Die hard owners (fools) like us scoured the auto jumbles and rallies for old stock pads. :?
I closed off the warm air part of the cabin heating system partly for that reason and because my lungs were over sensitive anyway. Hope l live long. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 pm 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
I did hot knives for a few years, that was really stupid shit, couldn't see the other end of the kitchen as I was so off my face.

Knocking "the arse" out of a "Dog" (Newcastle brown ale) bottle was an art! ;)
I remember once being at a "social" and someone started on the knives with a plastic Coke bottle...great fun till someone was so stoned they caught the bottle with said knives....now I've seen vomiting...but this was hilarious
:rotfl:
BTW...Vaping is the way to go now ;)
and yes...I have found the solution ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:07 pm 

Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

Knocking "the arse" out of a "Dog" (Newcastle brown ale) bottle was an art! ;)
I remember once being at a "social" and someone started on the knives with a plastic Coke bottle...great fun till someone was so stoned they caught the bottle with said knives....now I've seen vomiting...but this was hilarious
:rotfl:
BTW...Vaping is the way to go now ;)
and yes...I have found the solution ;)

Blowbacks were the way to go. No burnt throats. Better way to share resin. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:49 pm 

Given the public perception since last Monday that they can all go out visiting and shop till they drop, what is point of ‘track and trace now? :headbang:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:28 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
so the gov'ment can keep an eye on you at all times :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:48 pm 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
1984 :eat:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:31 pm 

Right, let`s get on with this shit and get it all out in the open, fed up with the frightened wankers who don`t want to do fuck all, if the planet is not able to sustain you, then off you fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:08 am 

I’m not sure who you are getting at att! Most of us are doing stuff all the time. ;)

I go out most days, but l have enjoyed the Lockdown and social distancing. I do hate unaware people and teens with ADHD or SSS (Samsung Smartphone Syndrome lOl ) who were just wandering into my space in the street or shopping arcades yesterday. They can fuck right off! :roll: Unless they are a nice babe! :oooops:

My point about track and trace is that there is already so much interaction between people and places or objects handled or breathed on that information collected will be unreliable. :?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:20 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
As far as I'm concerned, I'm living life like I would any other day before this lockdown crap. I'm keeping myself exposed to everyone and everything in order to keep my immune system strong. It's those who sanitize themselves and live in a plastic bubble who will worse off. Your immune systems are weakened and if you do catch a hint of anything, you're going to get it fast and hard.

That said, there are people who have weak immune systems anyway due to old age and other health issues. As such, they're doing what they normally do anyway to protect themselves as part of their normal daily routines.

I learned a long time ago, when I had my left foot amputated and I got a MSRA infection 10 years later that made its way up to my groin, that this staph lives in our bodies and every human on earth has it from the time our umbilical cord is cut. It only rears its ugly head when we're in a weakened state. Decades of playing contact sports, extreme sports and generally doing dangerous stuff from the time I was a kid and getting cuts and scrapes and broken bones has afforded me and others of the same risk-taking group the ability to fight stuff off and heal and possibly become stronger as a result. This virus is no different. And we all probably have it already and it's just waiting for us to be in a weakened state to come out. Most of us are doing well because we take proper care of ourselves anyway, never mind getting old and fat.

One of the problems started with Gen X helicopter parents overprotecting their children. Always making sure they're safe from harm. Limiting the type of play, using wipes on them every time a speck of dirt gets on them and using anti-bacterial everything in the house and on their bodies. And constantly going to the doctor every time their precious crotch fruit has a sniffle and giving them medicines they may not need because it's more about making mom feel good than for the good of the child. Every time you use antibiotics and antiviral meds, you progressively make your immune system weaker, it's more dependent on meds much like how a diabetic becomes insulin dependent over time and regulating blood sugar through diet isn't enough. As such, they've grown up weak and they're infesting the planet.

And the bigger problem is Gen X parents breeding like feral cats, having families with 3-6 kids, exploding our population. It's irresponsible to do that to a planet with finite resources. But what they've done is increase the population with weak children who catch everything and spread it around. I work with a couple 30 something moms who are perpetually sick because they're a child of a gen X parent and they have children too who are always sick.

And masks...not helping. The past month, there have been a slew of articles where testing has proven the mask don't work. Wear it all day at your place of employment and your breath condenses in the fabric, it saturates to a point and every time you exhale, you force outwards more and larger particles of whatever you have. Granted, it doesn't travel as far but it does land on everything in a given distance. So mask wearers are pushing out their liquid particles with every breath anyway. And what do you get in return? Light headedness, headaches or shortness of breath from breathing in your own CO2, acne/chronic dermatitis, a weakened immune system due to hypoxia.

No mask for me and anywhere I go, if a mask is required to walk in the door, I give someone else my business. I boycott any and all businesses that push this nonsense, the same way I boycott any business who doesn't allow me to carry a firearm.

[ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next