Last visit was: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:05 am It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:54 am 

Current ride: The wife
No...it's well trained, well exercised...and adult!

I always thought most normal people would average 25-30ish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:26 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
best get in touch with Guinness world records :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:16 pm 

10 weeks this week since I drove a lorry.
I love driving/riding, but I really used to love piloting 44 tons around the place, the different loads and centre of gravity that commanded respect when driving, you had to use your brain in order to get it all to the destination intact, especially timber and paper.

Anyways 10 weeks ago the company that I did a couple of days a week for brought in new Covid regulations....So I did literally tell them to go get fucked using both words and sign language....It is my way, some may say it is infantile, but I prefer to say that it was a direct communication that left no doubt of what it was I was communicating.

10 weeks on....I am not missing it, it had become tiresome because of the people, all of the people, those on the roads, those at the delivery point and those who I found myself working for...So it was people that totally fucked me off.

You can add to that so many other things and when I think about it you are so lucky that you have anything on the shelves, as the public are so fucking horribleistic towards lorry drivers and have no understanding of what it is they are trying to do, that they deserve to fucking starve, because withour exception the public are total twats towards lorry drivers, align that with the lack of infrastructure and parking fines and it is a fucking miracle you ungrateful bunch of fuckwits have food on your tables, let alone anything else.....Being a lorry driver enables you to despise the public, perhaps try to maim them and definitely makes you want to fuck their loved ones over......So remember that when you see a lorry delivering your condoms, he may just want to fuck you as well, but in a way you have never given thought to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:30 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001
don't worry they will replace you with a polish bloke
who can drive home the weekend do his CPC qualification , then drive back :ner:
wheres everyone else takes 35hours to do the course :?

you still got your Mack truck ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:46 pm 

Nutah wrote:
don't worry they will replace you with a polish bloke
who can drive home the weekend do his CPC qualification , then drive back :ner:
wheres everyone else takes 35hours to do the course :?

you still got your Mack truck ?

lOl

I do still have my Mack, but like everything else it will be sold as I am leaving the UK...I have so much shit to sell. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:12 pm 

My daughter drives a class 1, top respect from me as she is only 5' 5" and probably needs oxygen at that height in the cab :o

2017 Street Triple RS
Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:18 pm 

yes you do see a lot more women drivers these's days :worthy: , and with the modern fleet being ,automatic ,power steering , cruise control , air con , it just like driving a car only a little bit bigger . biggest problem for women is finding decent toilets , us blokes can just stop at side of road if need.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:25 pm 

barney wrote:
yes you do see a lot more women drivers these's days :worthy: , and with the modern fleet being ,automatic ,power steering , cruise control , air con , it just like driving a car only a little bit bigger . biggest problem for women is finding decent toilets , us blokes can just stop at side of road if need.

Yeah, just like driving a car...... lOl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:53 am 

Current ride: XB9SX
I think the oddest or the coolest thing you can see is what appears to be a little West Indian granny driving a large bus around London. Not that you’d dare to argue with one of ‘dem sisters’ anytime! ;)

I love driving Sprinter vans of all things. I just dig the way the classic long body, high line bus handles. They can actually be fun in the rain. lOl Ironically the same week l had to cancel a Buell ride into Wales due to having a bad head, l was despatched 2 days later to drive a Sprinter on a multi drop around mid Wales along the same roads l planned to ride my XB on. Shame the 3.5T van can’t do the 483 from Welshpool to Builth with quite the same verve as a Buell, and with deference to half a tonne of fragile bits in the hold! lOl Although I’m more frequently asked to drive Citroen Relays with cruise control up or down the motorways. Better when l get the one that’s not been restricted to 66mph so that l can actually overtake. :roll:

The annoying thing for me is how Covid destroyed my regular fun run in a Sprinter to London. Now I’m on Agency stand by and sometimes get passed over for what seems like an increasing number of other drivers on the books, some of whom maybe get round in less time, but drive like morons and rev the shit out of the vans......because they don’t give a FF and want to get home early. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:11 am 

edd wrote:
Better when l get the one that’s not been restricted to 66mph so that l can actually overtake. :roll:

you want to try it with a class 1 , limited to 90k or 56mph if you are lucky, some are 54 and there is one supermarket chain that got it down to 50mph, , that’s why you see the elephant race on motorways with one lorry only doing 1 or 2 mph faster than the other to get past.
That’s when inertia management comes in and planning ahead to build the speed up , big difference if your loaded or empty ,on the uphill and downhill sections of the roads.
at least with me I'm paid by the hour so no need to rush :yup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:34 am 

barney wrote:
edd wrote:
Better when l get the one that’s not been restricted to 66mph so that l can actually overtake. :roll:

you want to try it with a class 1 , limited to 90k or 56mph if you are lucky, some are 54 and there is one supermarket chain that got it down to 50mph, , that’s why you see the elephant race on motorways with one lorry only doing 1 or 2 mph faster than the other to get past.
That’s when inertia management comes in and planning ahead to build the speed up , big difference if your loaded or empty ,on the uphill and downhill sections of the roads.

Yes l get that thing about momentum and always try to give class 1s the time and space to do their thing. Sometimes l passenger in class 2s to assist with heavy lifting. I hate that job because l can’t do my own thing, but it sure keeps me fit! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:41 pm 

Yes most places now I just have a nap for an hour whilst warehouse staff unload trailer :yup: .
In the past I used to unload 33 pallets with pump truck or if lucky electric pallet truck .
Then at times had to break down mixed trays of food on same pallet to single stock item , so warehouse staff could then count all items , just over a thousand trays normally , I did work it out once ( trays x product weight ) it was handball of a couple of ton of trays. :roll:
but like you say keeps you fit and your been paid for it :yup: rather than paying to go to gym and do same :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:08 pm 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
barney wrote:
edd wrote:

Very frustrating when I've been in the van with the trailer on and it's a new section of 4 lane smart motorway and three of them are traveling like a rolling road block at 56, 56 1/2 and 57.
Twats

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:17 pm 

Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
Moving on...........
With the likelihood of mass vaccinations in the near future, does anyone remember this crisis? I was 8, and recall being taken by my Dad to the surgery in the next villiage and queuing around the block on a dark Winter's evening to be (as we called it then) inoculated. As I recall, it formed a large blister, and I like many of my generation, still have a significant dent at the top of my arm.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:21 pm 

barney wrote:
Yes most places now I just have a nap for an hour whilst warehouse staff unload trailer :yup: .
In the past I used to unload 33 pallets with pump truck or if lucky electric pallet truck .
Then at times had to break down mixed trays of food on same pallet to single stock item , so warehouse staff could then count all items , just over a thousand trays normally , I did work it out once ( trays x product weight ) it was handball of a couple of ton of trays. :roll:
but like you say keeps you fit and your been paid for it :yup: rather than paying to go to gym and do same :roll:

Yep it’s great being paid to work out. On a Monday trip to London l used to self load 750kg into my Sprinter, deliver, collect the same weight then unload on return to the depot. That’s 3000kg shifted. :shock: On a good day if my cages were ready l would preload the van the night before as well so l could get away earlier am! ;)

[ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next