Last visit was: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:50 am It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 10032
Current ride: X1 2001
Location: southampton
att wrote:
barney wrote:
yes you do see a lot more women drivers these's days :worthy: , and with the modern fleet being ,automatic ,power steering , cruise control , air con , it just like driving a car only a little bit bigger . biggest problem for women is finding decent toilets , us blokes can just stop at side of road if need.

Yeah, just like driving a car...... lOl


:rotfl:


....well apart from the you aint seen me right !.. shovel /roll of carpet / bag of lime :twisted:
:couch:


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am
Posts: 43
Current ride: XB12X
Location: South of the River
Dusty wrote:
Moving on...........
With the likelihood of mass vaccinations in the near future, does anyone remember this crisis? I was 8, and recall being taken by my Dad to the surgery in the next villiage and queuing around the block on a dark Winter's evening to be (as we called it then) inoculated. As I recall, it formed a large blister, and I like many of my generation, still have a significant dent at the top of my arm.

Before my time but an interesting article and if Boris is to believed looks like we may have a similar decision as the consultant to make next year. Thanks for posting it.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:43 pm
Posts: 2781
Current ride: S1`s
Location: Llanelli South Wales
My Mrs had the BCG jab when she was 8 because of a TB outbreak where she was in Africa, this she feels made her type 1 diabetic. Also a pain in the arse sometimes. She has the Flu vaccine every year and is hopefull of the covid one .


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 3072
Current ride: XB9SX
Covid is having a big impact on my partner. The final hearing of her divorce was due in July, then August, then October, then this month, now it’s been postponed until next February. :headbang:

This wouldn’t matter too much if her medical advice had not been to move to a more suitable and easily adapted house 4 years ago as her current homes poor internal design now makes it difficult to impossible for her to transfer from wheelchair to bed, bathroom and stairs in the same way she could 12 years ago when she moved in.

The major problem and reason the divorce case has to go to court is that her ex put an embargo on the sale of the house as he owns a share. My partner can’t get legal aid or assistance from the authorities because she has a trust fund, but that has been mismanaged and has depleted funds. One solicitor who is not on the case advised us that social services, solicitors and police should all work together to resolve the issue because my dearest is officially a at risk vulnerable adult. Then again pigs might fly! :roll:

The current Lockdown has presented yet another problem. When l am at work my partner often used to frequent the better supermarkets where she has safe access to their facilities and can spend quality time in the cafes to read or use her iPad to go online, but all those places are shut at the moment. This has meant that she has had to employ additional carers at over £800 per week. Nice one Boris, but HMG are unlikely to refund my partners trust. :?

The police wasted two years of our time and probably lost us key evidence. It would seem that to get a court order to obtain certain evidence you first need the evidence that court order would otherwise release. This is probably why so few fraud cases are ever resolved. Not in the public interest you see! Whereas the pain and suffering of my partner IS apparently in the public interest! :roll: If l ever meet the head of that department in our supermarket again I may not be able to Kerb my tongue, but l suspect that he has already started to shop elsewhere to avoid us! :?

Then there is the parallel business we are involved with of ‘no win no fee’ civil action, but don’t hold your breath. That’s another story l’ll save for a rainy day.......oh! It’s raining again. :|

You couldn’t make all this up! But l have another cunning plan as there is always more ways to skin a cat! I’m beginning to think like att! :twisted:


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 3072
Current ride: XB9SX
It’s official in my house; the Lockdown is starting to bite! While plenty of orders kept me busy enough driving at the start of this month, things have dropped off dramatically over the last 10 days. :roll:

Last week l drove just one day for an electrical supplier. One drop involved going 15 miles with just one 18 inch sq box! :? This week nothing yet. So everyone south of Northampton get on your PCs to order a bed, a mattress, a worktop or a shower door. Then l might get a few more delivery runs! lOl

Meanwhile over the last weekend as the sun shone down in our local park the large play area and cafe appeared to be heaving with toddlers and their parents. Very little social distancing or masks in evidence. Maybe they think Covid takes a rest when the sun shines? :roll:

To add to the fun the gritters were out tonight for the first time getting the roads ready for the big chill.
My usual last ride of the year, which tends to be in November may have to be deferred indefinitely with all that crap on the roads. Two of my mates have new bikes in their collections and l haven’t even visited them for the customary new bike blagging session! Sacrilege! :sad1:

Roll on the Five day Borisfest! lOl


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4447
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
And how many "clients" do you think I've had contact with since the start of the Covid fiasco?
;) lOl
Can't wait for Lockdown Pt3...at the end of January when the figures rise again (due to common stupidity)

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 3159
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
edd wrote:
Last week l drove just one day for an electrical supplier. One drop involved going 15 miles with just one 18 inch sq box! :? This week nothing yet. So everyone south of Northampton get on your PCs to order a bed, a mattress, a worktop or a shower door. Then l might get a few more delivery runs! lOl

Best get used to it , lockdown has been on and off for best part of the year now , that lots of time people have had to buy the new widscreeen tv , bed , sofa , paint and decorate the whole house , do the garden ,next years going to be very quiet year for some shop's, suppliers.

edd wrote:
Meanwhile over the last weekend as the sun shone down in our local park the large play area and cafe appeared to be heaving with toddlers and their parents. Very little social distancing or masks in evidence. Maybe they think Covid takes a rest when the sun shines? :roll:

It has been reported many times that Covid -19 has an adverse effect on the elderly , the younger you are the less effect , that's why kids are back at school , as for the parents the millennium snowflakes well what can you say :roll:

Finmows wrote:
Can't wait for Lockdown Pt3...at the end of January when the figures rise again (due to common stupidity)


:yt: :roll: :headbang:

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 3072
Current ride: XB9SX
barney wrote:
It has been reported many times that Covid -19 has an adverse effect on the elderly , the younger you are the less effect , that's why kids are back at school , as for the parents the millennium snowflakes well what can you say :roll:



You forgot to mention the students. My area of town was recently declared as having the same Covid infection rate as a certain town in the north midlands which houses a lot of immigrants and students combined. Not surprising really as they were also going around here without masks and not much social distancing. Thankfully the students here have gone home now so at least I can find a parking space. 8-)

I might just subject my cat to a Covid test if I can get the swab up his nose! lOl


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 12:24 am
Posts: 1680
There used to be a poster here who was Antipodean and into his conspiracy theories big time, I am desperately trying to remember his handle on here, it will come if I think hard enough, unfortunately I rather hard of thinking these days.

Anyways, as it turns out he is probably right in his thinking and we are all being lured down a certain path, whether the virus has been used in an opportunistic manner or if it was engineered to take us down a certain path is of no matter really, as we are all going down the same path, like it or not our very existence is being dictated to us and all because of a sector of society that is basically dead anyways have to be protected....I don`t get it, I really don`t.

So get ready for your new world, your brave new world where all are protected and those who question, disagree, offer alternatives are seen as the antichrist....I am sure you shall all enjoy it, for the evidence is there for all to see and it is nice how you have all being such dutiful and dilligent citizens, be sure to report your neighbours who may appear to be enjoying themselves and those who are not adhering to the covid laws and/or advice/guidance....

YOU ARE ALL TRULY FUCKED...


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 4447
Current ride: The wife
Location: Cofa's tree
att wrote:
There used to be a poster here who was Antipodean and into his conspiracy theories big time, I am desperately trying to remember his handle on here, it will come if I think hard enough, unfortunately I rather hard of thinking these days.

Krusty...a man of many truths

_________________
I hate being strapped for cash....but it pays the bills


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 6:54 pm
Posts: 1877
Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
Location: West Lothian, Bonnie Scotland
It is without doubt a conspiracy. Every move we make as a society is being manipulated by someone or something - it certainly makes life interesting :D

Lets be honest, the human race is the worst of all the viruses on the hide of Mother Earth - it’s only a matter of time before she swipes us off her hide. Interesting times :D

_________________
Better to Burn Out Than Fade Away

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Triumph Street Triple RS
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 10032
Current ride: X1 2001
Location: southampton
t965m wrote:
It is without doubt a conspiracy. Every move we make as a society is being manipulated by someone or something - it certainly makes life interesting :D

Lets be honest, the human race is the worst of all the viruses on the hide of Mother Earth - it’s only a matter of time before she swipes us off her hide. Interesting times :D


:yt:


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 8477
Location: Manchester
Don't know what all the fuss is about ?....other than having to wear a mask when I do my weekly shop, I haven't noticed any difference :?

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:55 pm
Posts: 625
Current ride: S1W,Kat,SDGT,HP2,
Location: Preston, Lancs
Maz wrote:
Don't know what all the fuss is about ?....other than having to wear a mask when I do my weekly shop, I haven't noticed any difference :?

Couldn't be anything to do with this could it? :D


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 10032
Current ride: X1 2001
Location: southampton
:rotfl: :rotfl:


Top
   
 
 [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited