Last visit was: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 am It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 4547 Next
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:03 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
barney wrote:
edd wrote:
I’m beginning to think that this vaccine business is a bit like working for local government. If you just sit quietly and get on with your job they let you suffer until you are working way beyond your pay scale or job description. If you kick up a fuss they give you an upgrade! lOl

:yt: seen it many times :old:
the "workers" they need to get the job done .
the jobsworths and dickheads tend to get moved , "upgraded " out of harms way, so that the workers can carry on producing the goods without distraction

:yt: But local government could work in reverse when office politics often got more complex than the work in hand! But no, what finished me with local government was invasion of computers to every desk in buildings not designed for it. That pushed CO2 and dry humidity levels through the roof. I had to take the measurements myself and present them to the management. Did they fix it? Did they heck, I was the only one affected badly enough to know, or brave enough to speak out, but I also had an occupational health report to wave in their face. It had taken a long time to learn that my lungs couldn’t cope. An inherited condition it seems. :roll:

I got a job as a project manager in a more modern office with the Environment Agency, but that office sucked in rush hour air pollution and they couldn’t switch it off. :roll: Fortunately that was only a temporary contract. :? But after Covid offices as we knew them might just become obsolete! :old:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:01 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
“ But after Covid”
IMHO covid will be here for some time, same as the FLU ,and come winter time, some form of restriction will be back . even more so if a new mutation appears and they have to tweak the vaccine , same as each year with the FLU jab .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 pm 

Sadly true! But the question of building environment control needs to be looked at given that the danger of cross contamination is mainly indoors. That would mostly be from contact with objects, but office air conditioning or lack of it would be a concern. The ignorance of managers and staff about air quality in this country is appalling. In my own trials and tribulations at work I discovered that those big square filter and fan units in the ceilings of many buildings are not always true ‘air con’, they are a con! :? There are plumbing points for a fresh air make up to the units, but many are not used. The air is simply taken up in the central square panel filtered, cooled or heated then blown back down from the four peripheral vents. They are then simply called ‘comfort units’. Some comfort!

Not having to heat or cool the air from a 10% fresh air make up saves the business a lot of money, but doesn’t do the occupants much good. CO2 levels just keep rising through the day. The outside average CO2 levels are around 385ppm, but people with sensitive lungs have a threshold of 600-700 ppm indoors. One of my desks averaged 1495ppm and could hit over 2500 at the end of a bad day. Another problem is that the comfort units go into overload when workers decide they need more oxygen so open the windows. One of the offices l worked in even had a stupid standing order that no one was allowed to open the windows. Completely at odds with current advice on Covid. :roll: I don’t know how spent air from a Covid infected persons lungs is dealt with by the basic filters in air con units, but I would be asking questions if I had to work in such buildings again! :?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:07 pm 

Correction, the ambient level of CO2 is now 416ppm. :roll: I will need my own life support unit soon! lOl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:15 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
Vaccinated an S1 today with the transmission + vaccine.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Just pump LM grease in, stays around much longer than oil :roll:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 pm 

Where`s the fun in that?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

:headbang:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:10 am 

:ner:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:36 am 

This thread appears to have gone from viral to carboniferous to greasy to flippant, all in the space of a page. :hehe:

So pouring more oil on the waters; lOl

Meanwhile the realization that background CO2 levels might have risen by 30ppm in the 10 years since l last looked got me reading again. By the time I expect to leave this mode of existence CO2 levels will probably have reached my own comfort limit. Kind of poetic! :coat: Our children will see 1000ppm or more. The previous 20,000 years before we started burning fossil fuels saw consistent levels of only 280 ppm. This is getting serious. You can see why some conspiracy theorists might even suggest that someone planned a manmade pandemic and the manmade rotavirus previous to that to create more time to solve the problem. :?

Apparently there is now a 20 million dollar reward for a company who devise an effective CO2 atmosphere scrubbing system. :idea: So get your thinking caps on! :yup:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:18 am 

Current ride: The wife
edd wrote:
The previous 20,000 years before we started burning fossil fuels saw consistent levels of only 280 ppm.

Fuck me...those cavemen were a lot smarter than we thought!, did they leave that information on a well carved rock?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:48 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001
:rotfl: :rotfl: :potm:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:45 pm 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
Got an invitation letter this morning, both jabs booked online :eat:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:35 pm 

Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
On track for May 2025 up here ;)