Last visit was: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:17 am It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 47
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:17 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
att wrote:
This sums up all I believe thus far...

https://youtu.be/80Vz7tZLuBI

Very interesting. Not that l would have done much differently myself. My job of driving to London was effectively screwed by Covid and many factors beyond my control. :sad1: I also have vulnerable people around me to consider. By bizarre chance the partner of a friend of ours died early in the Pandemic within three weeks of contraction....he was only 59 and not thought to be at risk! A nice chap from memory of my meeting him 18 months ago. We were shocked when we heard. :sad1: My partners consultant neurologist of similar age got it early on last year, but only had mild symptoms. Russian roulette? :?

It would be interesting to see statistics for societies with temperate climates with central heating as well as higher densities per sq mile vs more open societies with better ventilated buildings and less population density. Something l have always been concerned about when flu bugs are doing the rounds. I recall when l had prolonged bouts of flu that l was sometimes better going to work in the Cotswolds than staying at home in stuffy Cheltenham, but that has often been the case with my sensitised lungs. I am always better up in the Welsh mountains on my Buell than down in the polluted midland valleys. :sun:

This Covid story will run and run. :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:57 pm 

edd wrote:
att wrote:
This sums up all I believe thus far...

https://youtu.be/80Vz7tZLuBI

Very interesting. Not that l would have done much differently myself. My job of driving to London was effectively screwed by Covid and many factors beyond my control. :sad1: I also have vulnerable people around me to consider. By bizarre chance the partner of a friend of ours died early in the Pandemic within three weeks of contraction....he was only 59 and not thought to be at risk! A nice chap from memory of my meeting him 18 months ago. We were shocked when we heard. :sad1: My partners consultant neurologist of similar age got it early on last year, but only had mild symptoms. Russian roulette? :?

It would be interesting to see statistics for societies with temperate climates with central heating as well as higher densities per sq mile vs more open societies with better ventilated buildings and less population density. Something l have always been concerned about when flu bugs are doing the rounds. I recall when l had prolonged bouts of flu that l was sometimes better going to work in the Cotswolds than staying at home in stuffy Cheltenham, but that has often been the case with my sensitised lungs. I am always better up in the Welsh mountains on my Buell than down in the polluted midland valleys. :sun:

This Covid story will run and run. :|

Only because we allow it, we are pathetic.

What is being done to our lives is criminal and soon people will have less to lose and we all know what happens then....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:26 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
I meant that the debates about how, why, what and who to blame will continue for a long time. :roll:

There was a good quote to Nick Ferrari on LBC yesterday; “ statistics are like bikinis. They reveal much, but hide all the important bits!”. lOl

[ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 47