Last visit was: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:20 am It is currently Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 48
 Post subject: Re: CONRONA VIRUS....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:31 am 

Whereas our government has screwed up everything else...

Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:18 pm 

Current ride: M2 Razorback
It can be argued that, if you get the vaccination program done, it doesn't really matter so much what else you screw up on... only the nutters (not you Don) doubt that vaccination is the way out of this.
I'm extremely grateful... and proud... to be a double jabbed Englishman, supreme effort from all involved, let's not forget it.
Nor forget what a bloody hash the EU made of theirs through their own ridiculous inertia, then excessive bureaucracy, compounded by jealousy, spite, and spreading of misinformation that completely backfired on their own subjects. Shame on them.
But I am shocked at how badly Oz has done.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:13 am 

Current ride: K100, XS1100, z550Gt
rik wrote:

One of the problems (amongst many) is Astra Zeneca of which there are good supplies of here. Because Oz has done really well (mostly) at keeping Covid out by putting up a wall, particularly WA, almost no-one has had Covid. I don't know anyone over here who has had it. Unfortunately this means that you are currently more likely to die from taking AZ than you are from Covid. If there's one thing Aussies do know about it's gambling odds, so no-one wants to take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:43 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
:yt: rik
:yt: Bonzo
Vaccination is one method ,as is quarantine / lockdown and mask wearing in public congested places to reduce the infection rate to a manageable level for the health service .
After all, the vaccine isn’t 100% effective for all people. We still got “double jabbed” people going into hospital with covid.
most of the vaccines have had side-effects of one sort or another, personally in my situation with an underlying blood clotting disorder I have not had the jab , I know the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few , and can even understand the current easing of restriction in England , most of the at risk have been offered and have had both jabs and those that are left the young, are less likely to become seriously ill .
Summers here, so follow government advice and get out in the fresh air and get a few miles in on them bikes :yup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:33 am 

Current ride: XB9R Firebolt
It seems the flu has been eradicated ?.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:29 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001
rik wrote:
It can be argued that, if you get the vaccination program done, it doesn't really matter so much what else you screw up on... only the nutters (not you Don) doubt that vaccination is the way out of this.
I'm extremely grateful... and proud... to be a double jabbed Englishman, supreme effort from all involved, let's not forget it.
Nor forget what a bloody hash the EU made of theirs through their own ridiculous inertia, then excessive bureaucracy, compounded by jealousy, spite, and spreading of misinformation that completely backfired on their own subjects. Shame on them.

:yup:
we got one with it , they faffed about
it wasn't perfect , but being wise after the event is easy
otherwise the journalists would be unemployed :twisted:

[ 711 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 48