Last visit was: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:26 am It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dreams
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:20 am 

Current ride: XB9SX
I had a bad dream last night (maybe Lockdown IS getting to me)?

I dreamt that l was riding a Buell (this iPad keeps changing Buell to Bielefeld lOl ) on a freeway into a city somewhere (NY?). I was trying to compete with other bikes by utilising the Buells midrange. Too cut a long story short l did a lot of dicing through streets and hilly housing estates then somehow l was too late for work. :roll:

I was then at my parents old home and calling in to work to explain my absence, but it was already after 2pm. The staff on the line were asking why l was so late and said it was hardly worth coming in today. I sarcastically told them that was only because “you buggers go home at 3 while l stay until at least 5:30!”. l told them that l would take a days leave. I then made the excuse that my Buell fuel injection was playing up. :idea:

When l went into the front garden there was a yellow M2 (the first Buell l had ridden), but the bike had been stripped and the engine taken! :ill: In the background of my dream there had been a theme of some shifty biker element looking to steal a 1200 HD motor and it would appear they had taken mine.
So much for my injector story given the M2 isn’t injected! :? To add to my anxiety some of my work colleagues came to visit my father for some obscure reason. How to bluff this one out? :coat:

Then a friend opened the garage door and carried out (amazingly given the weight) my Buell motor intact and helped me to reinstall it in the frame. The story to my work colleagues then conveniently changed to, “you see l had it all apart today! “, and yet l couldn’t remember stripping the bike down, which had obviously taken a day or two! :? Shortly after this l woke. ;)

Has anyone on here had any memorable dreams lately?

Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:27 am 

Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
edd wrote:
Has anyone on here had any memorable dreams lately?

Yes, mostly culminating in a tumescent glow.

Leave the cheese alone, and drink more ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:31 am 

For about a week after we came back from touring NZ, straight into lockdown, I was continually dreaming about riding there and the wide open spaces. It wasn't until I mentioned it to my better half, and finding she was having similar dreams, that they stopped.

Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:10 pm 

Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
Hmmm....wide open feature in mine too

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:56 pm 

I returned home to my Buell today that was intact and locked down in my garage! :) Then l later noticed a small silver thingy in the centre tread of my back tyre. ‘Nerg Nail’ had struck again on my last ride on 21st March! Pushing it to one side generated a faint hissing sound! :headbang:

Nightmare! My freedom HAS been stolen! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:28 pm 

Took my XB rear wheel to Chris Mullins today to see if tyre could be repaired. As it is a Michelin they allow a plug to small holes in the centre tread. My tyre had a needle sized hole from a nasty little panel pin/wire nail thingy. This to a plug very well saving me the tyre for a few more ride outs. ;)

While there l priced up a pair of Pilot Road 5s for future reference, but also spied the new Dunlop ‘Mutant’ Supermoto tyre. I don’t know how that will work with a Buell, but they look very cool! 8-)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 am 

Current ride: The wife
I have a nightmare every night.

The wife gets in bed and is still there in the morning.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:50 pm 

This was no dream......but got me day dreaming! ;)

I went into the new SPA Motorcycles in Cheltenham the other day, which has taken over what was Skellerns and previous to that Dave Parry’s. Not to be confused with the wild days of the old ‘Spa Motorcycles of the 70s. Legend has it back then that they road tested a Kwak 750 racer down the Tewkesbury Road one fine day! lOl
Skellerns like Dave Parry before were the local Yamaha agent, but Spa are an independent selling Mash, Benelli, Sym, Mondial and a few obscure brands.

I met a chap last week with a new Benelli 500 twin. A bit Buell like and good looking, but ‘only’ a 47 bhp 500! It turns out he had an M2 before, but said you had to ride the Benelli to appreciate it. Spa were also selling a new Benelli big single in classic ‘old git’ touring guise and a bit old school Italian. Probably good competition for the Royal Enfield Bullet Electra!

In Spa l was looking round the Mash models and the 6.5 Dirt bike in particular, which is more ‘flat track’ than ‘trail bike’. Looks more like my kind of fun! Some good reports on YouTube. ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 12:01 am 

Heck, l dreamt that my transport manager sent me to Finland in a 11.5 tonne lorry even though l have no licence. “You may have to cross the border into Russia”, he said. lOl

I never quite got there as my phone was not charged and l’d left my satnav at home.....and it was 2pm again! :roll: You’ll have to drive at 65 to be home by 10:30 the manager said! It’s not gonna happen l thought. I was right; l woke at 6:34! :hehe:

[ 9 posts ]