Last visit was: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:19 am It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Re: Knocked off.
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:10 am 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Hi folks,
Waved goodbye to my 1125r this Am :(
Left me with a stupid looking Honda 1000 to ride in the meantime. :evil:
Really sad to see the 1125r go, which is weird as I try very hard not to get attached to bikes.
Put a lot of work into that Buell. :headbang: And wasn't really finished either. :(
Ah well, looking forward to whatever happens. 8-)
All the best & hope your all well. JB

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:53 pm 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Were you not going to retain the bike?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:48 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
I`d keep it and ask an assessor to come and see it , before other bits get damaged /removed.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:50 pm 

It's been taken off to be assessed down in Surrey.
At the moment everything has been arranged by the insurance company, they're dealing with it all.
I'm just a passenger (filling in forms) at the moment.
I'll get a call when it's been assessed with options at that point I guess.
I've already told the insurance I want the salvage if it's a write off but depends what they want for it, Salvage companies may offer more than I'm willing to pay to get it back.
I may have to just get another.
We'll see.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:27 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001
as an example , my VW golf was written off
total loss £1500
I bought it back for £90
all a % game :sad1:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:55 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
Nutah wrote:
as an example , my VW golf was written off
total loss £1500
I bought it back for £90
all a % game :sad1:

Always helps to handy.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:31 pm 

I kept hold of my bike after my accident, got the recovery company to drop it off for me. Once the insurance company have it, I suspect someone will be charging storage for it. Just beware of the sharks

Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:37 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001
:yt:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 pm 

Yeah, thanks for the advice folks.
Like I said, the insurance company are dealing with it, if storage is being charged it's their problem as far as I'm concerned. I'm just a passenger, doing as requested by them, filling in the forms & following their instructions. I thought with fully comprehensive insurance everything was covered regarding the bike & how it's dealt with (excepting my Excess) which I should get back anyway.
Last time my car got written off (by hitting a cow) that was wandering about in the road at 11pm, everything was just dealt with despite me being held responsible (because the cops didn't get the number in the cows ear so they couldn't identify the farmer responsible). Car got taken away somewhere, assessed written off and I got my payout, end of story.
Trouble is that everything seems so smooth & well handled so far. Maybe alarm bells should be ringing because of that?
I'll ring them tomorrow & check just to make sure of the details as like suggested, everyone's out to make money during a claim and don't give a f**k who has to pay.
Thanks again for the advice. JB

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:00 pm 

Current ride: 1125 CR, XT500, 750S
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Oh bollox, just seen this....sorry to hear JB but at least you're ok.
It must have been emotional to see a van climbing over the front wheel of the 1125.
Hopefully the insurance gets sorted speedily and to your advantage....would you consider a CR now if you find one?....let me know if you need to do a longer test ride on one to truly appreciate the difference and we could sort something out.Social distancing applies of course..👍

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:52 pm 

Ohsteveo wrote:
Oh bollox, just seen this....sorry to hear JB but at least you're ok.
It must have been emotional to see a van climbing over the front wheel of the 1125.
Hopefully the insurance gets sorted speedily and to your advantage....would you consider a CR now if you find one?....let me know if you need to do a longer test ride on one to truly appreciate the difference and we could sort something out.Social distancing applies of course..👍

Hi Steve,
Yeah it certainly was, managed to keep my cool though & I'm over it now. It's gone :(
Maybe get a spares donor out of it with the salvage if I'm lucky. 8-)
His insurance rang this Am to try & settle without a claim which I would've been tempted to do if they'd been a bit quicker.
I had 3 days before my 1125r had to go to be assessed, so sorted out what I needed to before letting it go, as I know they'll probably write it off & once it was out of my hands it was open to thieving mitts and other abuses by anyone who came in contact with it. :old:
Plenty more out there & I have all the bits to do what my old one had done to hand now so no waiting around & I still have all the conversion stuff for CR gearing (except a belt) for an 1125r. I also have shit loads of spares that I've built up as you do with something you intend to keep. :old:

Cr? Why not if it was well sorted (stator mod & charging system) & a stack of trick bits similar to the one that was for sale on here a couple of months ago, but to me they feel a bit more reserved, tighter & smaller than the 1125r. We'll see, I guess it depends on what's about.
The Honda CB 1000r they left me is as f****n' boring as an episode of East Enders, so the quicker it all gets done the better for me whatever.
Hope you're well buddy, Stay safe. JB.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:47 pm 

Hi folks,
Initial triage assessment of my 1125r report says it's viewed as a potentially repairable.
I'm guessing Triage means quick look, I'd like to know what they think when they try to get spares.
Anyway, looking good at the moment.
Went for a ride on The Honda CB1000r, dozed off twice. Does everything it should, just feels as boring as having a shit on a sunny day. JB
My apologies to anyone who may have one, just my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:16 am 

Current ride: XB9SX
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Hi folks,
Initial triage assessment of my 1125r report says it's viewed as a potentially repairable.
I'm guessing Triage means quick look, I'd like to know what they think when they try to get spares.
Anyway, looking good at the moment.
Went for a ride on The Honda CB1000r, dozed off twice. Does everything it should, just feels as boring as having a shit on a sunny day. JB
My apologies to anyone who may have one, just my opinion.

You think like me Paul. If l had a big four cyl bike l would probably fall asleep on it at 115mph or something bad like that. That nearly happened on my brothers GPz900 and CBR1000 ‘plastic fantastic’ years ago. Fortunately l didn’t ride too far! :?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:58 am 

Current ride: S1`s
Potentially repairable could mean ,we`ll keep it for longer while we work out we can`t get the bits or parts will take forever to source. Rack up some valuers report , storage and honda costs till the van drivers insurance get their fingers out. Too cynical me. Hate Insurance dealings . Good luck .

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:12 am 

TOPGUMM wrote:
Potentially repairable could mean ,we`ll keep it for longer while we work out we can`t get the bits or parts will take forever to source. Rack up some valuers report , storage and honda costs till the van drivers insurance get their fingers out. Too cynical me. Hate Insurance dealings . Good luck .

Realistic is what I'm hearing Topgumm, everyone's out to make money for sure. It's just the way insurance companies work. To be honest, I don't care what they get up to as long as I don't have to pay for it.
Only thing I'm really worried about is falling asleep on this Honda in the meantime.
All the best. JB

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next