Last visit was: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 am It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject: USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm 

Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
WTF is going on in the states? Have they gone mad?

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Triumph Street Triple RS
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

Post subject: Re: USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:07 pm 

Current ride: The wife
Don't know...don't care!

Let them get on with it

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 pm 

Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
To be fair part of me feels the same but it’s completely bonkers and beggars belief.

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Triumph Street Triple RS
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:20 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
A people’s spokesman at a rally said; “we are going to do things differently”. :? That’ll do it! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:53 pm 

Current ride: S1`s
From television the US police looks like it has ex army people in it , steroided up. Hong Kong "police " look like pissed off mainland militia out for a bundle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:31 pm 

Another train of thought....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:08 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
t965m wrote:

not only in USA but here too https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12894 ... oronavirus
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11748420/ ... y-hackney/

I fear we shall have to wait a week or two, before we see a second spike in new admission of covid 19 and further lockdowns :headbang:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:49 am 

barney wrote:
I fear we shall have to wait a week or two, before we see a second spike in new admission of covid 19 and further lockdowns :headbang:

NO FEAR...Fuckin joy! :dance:
If I have to stay indoors until the "stupid beyond belief" have been wiped out...so be it ;)
Anyway of making it happen a little quicker?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:52 am 

:eat:
the only sad part, is how many innocents they take with them on the way .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:57 am 

Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
t965m wrote:

Madder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:18 pm 

The best comment I heard was from Geordie Mick. 'It's like pissing in your bed because you can't sleep'. Another very telling statement was from a BBC journalist talking to a black Pastor, who was also a Trump supporter. In reference to the 'shoot and loot' Govt policy, the Pastor stated that if someone broke into your home, took your stuff and then set the house alight, it was perfectly OK to defend it. He asked the 'journalist' if he thought it was justifiable? This didn't fit in with the BBC agenda, and the reply was, 'No, anyway we don't have guns in the UK.' A large proportion of the people I know, legally hold shotguns or firearms :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:39 pm 

I thought the rule ( 2nd amendment ) was ok to shoot them as they entered or came towards you, but frowned upon if you shoot them in the back as they try and leave

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:56 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
We had these idiots in my city too. Lots of overturned cop cars and blocked freeways. Stores looted, set on fire, including a brand new low income high rise meant for their own people. Way to go dumbasses. :roll: Threats of them coming out to suburbia to cause trouble for white people was spread as well. Haven't seen them yet. But it made me think I don't have nearly enough magazines to keep pre-loaded. I had a dream where my wife and son were on frantic reloading duty as they all kept coming at us like zombies.

It's one thing to do these protests in the cities where lot of minorities live that they can add to their numbers and the fact that most of our highly populated cities are filled with younger people who are raised to be anti-firearm and believe the police will actually protect their naiive asses. A large majority of suburbanites have firearms and can legally carry anywhere legally allowed to and many have 4 or more. *cough* assualt *cough* rifles as well. While no one wants to be the test case in a court of law for shooting protesters, if someone comes on your property and tried to do damage, break in and throw a Molotov at the house, yep, we're legally allowed to stand our ground per the castle doctrine. Leaving the house just puts people in more danger when the protesters are so violent with racial motivations, so mowing them all down is justified. Though I'm sure every violent George Soros paid protester would be on their way to that one house, requiring the national guard to stop it.

I've heard you guys say this over the years, re your police force. They go for the low hanging fruit instead of real criminals because the legal system just won't back them up and support the precincts and it just isn't worth losing their jobs, pensions or even going to jail themselves for performing their duties. It's getting to that point here. And these demonstrations of violence are evidence of it. They've been happening like this every year since social media has made it easy to organize it. We know they're coming but for some reason, the governors of the states, who have the authority, won't call in the national guard because of the optics. "Another racist government official killing black people." :roll: So they get away with it year after year to the tune of it seeming tolerated. Basically what is needed is our supreme court looking in to the legality of a government controlled entity using force and even deadly force so that a precedent exists and law enforcements have the backing they need to protect the public. As it stands, it is more beneficial to them to do nothing and risk bad things happening then just writing a report about it later.

As far as these "protests" go, I have a hard time believing that any of them give a damn about the guy that died. They're professional paid protesters whose only goal is to cause racial tension and civil unrest. They themselves are racist and are the ones that the world needs protecting from. They haven't figured out if they don't want to be treated like animals, they need to not act like it. None of this would have happened if the one black man had just complied with the officer's request. Instead it became an issue of resisting an officer (who took it way too far.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:15 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
barney wrote:
I thought the rule ( 2nd amendment ) was ok to shoot them as they entered or came towards you, but frowned upon if you shoot them in the back as they try and leave

It's tricky. You actually can shoot them if they are fleeing, even off your property, if the process of the crime is still happening. The fact that a jury of your peers will hear the case is what's tricky. Not all jurors will feel the same about the situation regardless of the judge guiding them on the rule of law. However, there is lots of black and white and much will get thrown out in criminal court. But none of that stops a civil case from happening.

I have a 500 page book dedicated to firearms law in the state of Texas but also covers federal law since that's the one that state law cannot conflict with. Every state has their own laws. Something I'm not a believer in. I believe in consistency. All it does is turn law abiding citizens in one state into criminals in another state if you're not careful. But the book is available to all and should be read cover to cover, so it stays in my private reading room where my legs sometimes fall asleep ;) . I buy a new one every year to keep up with changes. But I also have attorneys on retainer by way of a membership to an organization of legal teams dedicated to firearms law. All legal fees are covered which could be astronomical. They only deal with the criminal side, civil cases...I'm on my own. They're just to keep their members out of jail.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:37 pm 

Here's something to think about...

Hong Kongers have been on the streets protesting for over a year..... Not a single shop looted

[ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next