Last visit was: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 am It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Nature...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:59 am 

Current ride: XB9SX
Doh! Almost forgot. The spread of HIV and Covid 19 around the world so quickly can be attributed to a great extent to the invention of the jumbo jet! ;) Nature at work? :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:50 am 

Current ride: XB9SX
kevmean wrote:
My mum had her 89th birthday shut away on her own in her flat during this , she's healthy for her age and would much rather have been able to enjoy this summer because as she puts it we all have to die of something. What exactly do we think we are saving people like my mum from ? enjoying the twilight of her life ? seeing her great grandkids grow up? her weekly visit to her rapidly deteriorating daughter (my sister) who after these 3 months will not even know who her mum is when she next sees her. They should have just spent all the time and money shielding the vulnerable and let the fit and healthy carry on. Because a lot of them this will be they last summer purely down to the fact that death as well as life is unfortunately nature.

My partners father is 87 this year and is currently in a care home. We went there to visit recently, not having seen him for months, and having been told that visitors could sit out in the home’s garden at a safe distance.

First snag; only one visitor allowed so l had to wait at the door. 2nd snag; no under 16s allowed, so his almost 14 year old grand children can’t see him and may never now as he is getting more frail every week. 3rd snag; my partner and her father couldn’t sit out in the garden anyway because some workmen were working on the roof of a single story shed the other side of the homes garden wall (which itself was some 20 metres away from the homes garden chairs on the terrace :roll: ). No hazard warning or signing had been established by the workmen as from what l could see none was needed in this case. So my partner had to sit in a stuffy and much more confined room with her father in her wheelchair, which probably carries more contaminants into the home than either of her children on foot! :headbang:

Nothing more dangerous than jobsworths. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:23 pm 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
On a positive note, It looks like I will have a bumper crop of plums for jam making this summer.... :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:34 am 

Current ride: The wife
mojomick wrote:
On a positive note, It looks like I will have a bumper crop of plums for jam making this summer.... :D :D

It looks like a bloody good year for "stone" fruit judging by the amount of cherries I have seen....10Lb makes 2 gallon of wine! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:48 am 

We've got a cherry tree but never had one yet as the birds strip it as soon as they ripen. Mind you, I hate the taste of cherry anything...

Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2