Last visit was: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:07 pm It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:07 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: Dambuster's dog
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:59 am 

Current ride: K100
:roll:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-53436447

Post subject: Re: Dambuster's dog
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:41 am 

Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
FFS We all know the dog was called Nigger. The grave has been there for nearly 80 years and is not visible to the general public. Where is the cut off point to erasing history :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:29 am 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
I am going to immediately stop buying this :old: https://www.newforestbirdfoods.co.uk/ni ... .html......
Goldfinches love it but they are obviously from the more priviledged classes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:50 am 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
Link doesn't work

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:18 am 

Been erased along with the rest of it ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:40 am 

Current ride: The wife
RAF Scampton is a military base...anyone on that base that shouldn't be there is a trespasser...and can be shot!
Leave "Nigger"s grave alone and when the offended want to cause damage to said grave... shoot the trespassing fucker

GAME ON!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:34 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
"I am, however, very fearful of our ability today to erase or re-write history. The past needs to be explained, taught about, and learned from - not re-written."

Unfortunately the people that need to listen have no interest in learning. "Group think" appears to be far more powerful in getting the masses to buy into what's what, even if it is far from the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:13 pm 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
deepsix wrote:
I am going to immediately stop buying this :old: https://www.newforestbirdfoods.co.uk/ni ... .html......
Goldfinches love it but they are obviously from the more priviledged
classes
https://www.newforestbirdfoods.co.uk/niger-seed-per-kg.html
Hmm not sure why that went?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:08 pm 

Current ride: The wife
deepsix wrote:
[https://www.newforestbirdfoods.co.uk/niger-seed-per-kg.html

For illiterate racists?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:15 pm 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
Finmows wrote:
deepsix wrote:
[https://www.newforestbirdfoods.co.uk/niger-seed-per-kg.html

For illiterate racists?

Or folk who live here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger

Perhaps they'll have to change the name of their country too

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:51 pm 

And then there is the American Polish community who will no doubt be offended too

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:58 pm 

I am just glad that we (as a Buell group) had the privilege of a guided tour of Scampton a few years back.

The removal of the dog's memorial stone is a slur on the memories of the brave young men who took part in the Dambuster and many other raids.

Shame on the snowflakes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:38 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
The crap social media are feeding younger people today is frightening! :roll:

A friends daughter became obsessed by the BLM issue. We recently sat down to watch a film and she kicked off big time for some reason and wouldn’t shut up. Imagine being dictated to by a fourteen year old on what you are allowed or not allowed to say in the home environment! I was called a racist bastard because l just wanted to watch the film in peace and didn’t want to be lectured by a teenager on ‘white privilege’, etc, etc! Then half way through the film we were enjoying she marched back into the room and stuck her phone in my face and was told; “read that”. Then l just lost it! lOl

Much shouting and screaming later her phone was confiscated for 2 days by the parent and she went tearfully to her room! I guess it can be an emotive phase for an adolescent girl. Later she calmed down and thankfully had got over it by the next time we met.

If it was my child the phone would have been smashed in front of them and not replaced for at least a month. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:16 pm 

Current ride: 1996 S2T, 2009 XB12X
Really?

The name was just as offensive in the 1940s. It was a poorly judged "joke" even then.
War heros can be idiots too. It takes nothing away from what they gave for their country.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:15 pm 

Current ride: 1999 X1
edd wrote:
The crap social media are feeding younger people today is frightening! :roll:

A friends daughter became obsessed by the BLM issue. We recently sat down to watch a film and she kicked off big time for some reason and wouldn’t shut up. Imagine being dictated to by a fourteen year old on what you are allowed or not allowed to say in the home environment! I was called a racist bastard because l just wanted to watch the film in peace and didn’t want to be lectured by a teenager on ‘white privilege’, etc, etc! Then half way through the film we were enjoying she marched back into the room and stuck her phone in my face and was told; “read that”. Then l just lost it! lOl

Much shouting and screaming later her phone was confiscated for 2 days by the parent and she went tearfully to her room! I guess it can be an emotive phase for an adolescent girl. Later she calmed down and thankfully had got over it by the next time we met.

If it was my child the phone would have been smashed in front of them and not replaced for at least a month. :twisted:

When I was a child I had things taken away for a week minimum plus a spanking and grounding. And they wonder why their kids have these entitled attitudes and no self discipline. Because they didn't get enough nor the proper disciplining.

Apparently most children and their parents are at each other's throats over social justice issues right now. Even parents in a position of power in the country. I don't even know that adolescent girls are moody maniacs anymore over all the regular stuff like boys, makeup and the size of their boobs.

This "privilege" stuff is irritating. I've seen more privilege for other races than white in my years. Everything from taking advantage of the welfare and assistances systems, subsidized housing, free cell phones, lower requirements for college admissions, affirmative action which states that so-called minority groups take precedence over whites when bidding government jobs no matter if they bid higher, being given employment priority to make up the diversity numbers, black tv networks, black magazines, black movies (only blacks for all aspects of a movie from actors to film crew to final production), NAACP and so many other things I don't have time to look up because I'm getting older and can't remember. My brain is fried thinking about it.

From the time I attended pre-kindergarten in 1973, every person I've ever known has had the same opportunities as me, and being a yankee-yankee, that's northern American, race was never an issue even in the big metro areas. No one talked about it or complained. Civil rights movement was over and everyone was getting along fine. South may be a different story. But it's simply a case of people looking for someone to blame for not applying themselves to what they do in life. Not paying attention in school and getting crap grades. Not trying to better yourself a little everyday. Making poor choices in general in life.

Really tiresome. And I get your frustration with the 14 year old. No one needs to listen to anyone who has never begun to make their mark in the real world and have to make it on their own. Seems that the only thing schools of all levels are full of is unrealistic idealism and the only think kids today are going to be able to do with their lives is march up and down the streets screaming about how unfair life is. I certainly don't think they're being prepared to make a living.

And I certainly don't think the kids will take care of their parents in their old age. I've read a lot recently about today's kids and parents who are so far apart in their beliefs and views on life and humanity that they actually hate their parents and that the parents feel it's a lost cause and often wish their kids would hit 18 and just leave home. Better stay healthy so you can take care of yourself.

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next