Last visit was: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:45 am It is currently Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:57 pm 

Most expensive sea crossing in the World.......Yeah, it is all bollocks, pish and mirrors, the smoke fucked off because it wasn`t needed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:45 am 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
buelling banjo wrote:
OK some of it is a bit wet but very easy to get to 😁
Only around the edges!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 pm 
Nanny Brown

att wrote:
Most expensive sea crossing in the World.......Yeah, it is all bollocks, pish and mirrors, the smoke fucked off because it wasn`t needed.

Yep, you got that right Att!! I think I have only visited the Isle of Wight twice in my lifetime because of that, last time must have been about 50 years ago, and only live approximately 4 miles from the ferry crossing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:01 pm 

Current ride: M2 Razorback
Jill Brown wrote:
att wrote:

Yep, you got that right Att!! I think I have only visited the Isle of Wight twice in my lifetime because of that, last time must have been about 50 years ago, and only live approximately 4 miles from the ferry crossing.

You don't know what you're missing, Jill, it's a magical place where time stopped about 60 years ago. We pop over at least once a year, sometimes on the Hover just because... just because it's the only scheduled hovercraft service ...IN THE WORLD! Take your pushbikes and cycle around. Or bus it.
Think the car-ferry cost helps to keep the riff-raff away too, which is fantastic by me. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:38 pm 

Current ride: The wife
rik wrote:
it's a magical place where time stopped about 60 years ago. We pop over at least once a year, sometimes on the Hover just because... just because it's the only scheduled hovercraft service ...IN THE WORLD! Take your pushbikes and cycle around. Or bus it.
Think the car-ferry cost helps to keep the riff-raff away too, which is fantastic by me. :twisted:

I spent many of my late childhood holidays on the island, and my mother (God bless her) always found something for us to do or see, and it was all done on foot or public transport (the trains are fuckin hilarious ;) lOl )
Last time I was there I was with "the evil one" and her dogs....still had a great holiday though!
I would love to return and show Tracy the sights, and in all honesty if it hadn't of been for this Covid fiasco we would have been camping in Shanklin this summer (that's where I camped last visit...and the site was perfect!)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:15 pm 

Finmows wrote:
rik wrote:
it's a magical place where time stopped about 60 years ago. We pop over at least once a year, sometimes on the Hover just because... just because it's the only scheduled hovercraft service ...IN THE WORLD! Take your pushbikes and cycle around. Or bus it.

I spent many of my late childhood holidays on the island, and my mother (God bless her) always found something for us to do or see, and it was all done on foot or public transport (the trains are fuckin hilarious ;) lOl )
Last time I was there I was with "the evil one" and her dogs....still had a great holiday though!
I would love to return and show Tracy the sights, and in all honesty if it hadn't of been for this Covid fiasco we would have been camping in Shanklin this summer (that's where I camped last visit...and the site was perfect!)

Pop! There goes my theory...
:ner: lOl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:05 pm 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
It's also the location of the children's home which came under the spotlight due to decades of child abuse, popular with Jimmy Saville, Ted Heath and other nonce's of the era :shut:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:12 pm 

gusm2 wrote:
It's also the location of the children's home which came under the spotlight due to decades of child abuse, popular with Jimmy Saville, Ted Heath and other nonce's of the era :shut:

NB Point of order: Nothing ever proven against Ted Heath, allegations made against him were part of Nick Beech's discredited fantasy. Which is a lot more than can be said about Mr Fix-It.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:33 pm 

My mistake, nothing proven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:15 am 

Doesn't mean it didn't happen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:44 am 

:yup: :shut:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:11 pm 

Bizarrely... prog about Nick Beech on BBC right now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:15 pm 

rik wrote:
Bizarrely... prog about Nick Beech on BBC right now!

I'll watch that, however being on the BBC it's going to be biased towards the powers that be, apparently they knew about Sir Jim for decades but kept quiet about that too, unfortunately anyone who has different options are labelled loony conspiracy theorists.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:23 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
I’m personally disgusted at the lack of ethnic awareness in this thread. It appears to contain mostly references to pleasant English countryside combined with motorsport, children or childhood memories and retired nautical types who symbolise stereotypical privileged classes. You will all be singing ‘Land of Hope and Glory’ next! Please redress this hideous imbalance! lOl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:17 am 

edd wrote:
I’m personally disgusted at the lack of ethnic awareness in this thread. It appears to contain mostly references to pleasant English countryside combined with motorsport, children or childhood memories and retired nautical types who symbolise stereotypical privileged classes. You will all be singing ‘Land of Hope and Glory’ next! Please redress this hideous imbalance! lOl

Are you suggesting we sing "The Camptown ladies" and "Pick a bale of cotton" at "The last night of the proms"?

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next