Last visit was: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 am It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: Should the Queen Retire?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:50 pm 

Current ride: XB9SX
A chance to have a say on your thoughts about the Royals. Is it time for Her Majesty to step aside for Charles, or who or what else, and if not why not?

This shouldn’t be about Harry and Meg, but if you even care; is Megan innocent victim or ‘a piece of work’? Please don’t make this a race debate. I didn’t even know she was mixed race until the media kicked off. I briefly thought she had Hispanic origins or too much spray on tan!? :? I didn’t care anyway. :roll:

How should our monarchy go forward? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:18 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001
no

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:45 pm 

The gravy train will role on, who actually gives a shit who the reigning monarch is?

2017 Street Triple RS
Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:22 pm 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
:yt: over privileged spongers IMO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:53 pm 

All good so far then! lOl

Keep ‘em coming! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:56 pm 

Current ride: 1125RK
From a German perspective, let the Queen continue to lead the monarchy. Charles is good at what he does. I can't imagine him as king.
Harry and Meghan? A shame...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:00 pm 

Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
Harry? Disappointing and being controlled by his cock. It’ll all end in tears :old:

Jump Charles and straight to William. A good guy who has done the business in war and was well thought of by the troops - Harry was too.

I guess I am a kinda royalist but I do think they do more good than harm. If we binned them we'd end up worshipping some ‘star’ tosser who is even less deserving. At least the Queen and Phil the Greek have served their nation for many years. Phil served with distinction in WW2.

Just my opinion for what it’s worth :D

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Triumph Street Triple RS
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:23 pm 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
t965m wrote:
Harry? Disappointing and being controlled by his cock. It’ll all end in tears :old:

Jump Charles and straight to William. A good guy who has done the business in war and was well thought of by the troops - Harry was too.

I guess I am a kinda royalist but I do think they do more good than harm. If we binned them we'd end up worshipping some ‘star’ tosser who is even less deserving. At least the Queen and Phil the Greek have served their nation for many years. Phil served with distinction in WW2.

Wonderfully phrased, Clive :yup: My thoughts exactly but let HM The Queen hang in there as long as she feels up to it. Hopefully Harry's controller will lead him away from his US B-list celebrity towards someone more like his Mum or his Sister-in-Law :4roz:

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:35 pm 

Current ride: M2 Cyclone
conquistador wrote:
The gravy train will role on, who actually gives a shit who the reigning monarch is?

Plus one

Sabbath
Campag and Cantis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 pm 

I genuinely do not understand the concept of a Royal Family and I understand the concept of a Government even less....I have no idea why we are lumbered with any of it, in my experience to date all they seem to do is place restrictions upon us....Why would anyone want that?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:11 pm 

att wrote:
I genuinely do not understand the concept of a Royal Family and I understand the concept of a Government even less....I have no idea why we are lumbered with any of it, in my experience to date all they seem to do is place restrictions upon us....Why would anyone want that?

Try anarchy! :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:05 am 

I see the Royals as an interesting anachronism which l would be sorry to lose. Sure there is an element of nostalgia to my youth when Royals seemed to be much more respected.....and with good reason given that society was different and that their possibly outdated stance was less obvious then :roll:
I still remember after watching the film; ‘ The Battle of Britain’ at a cinema in Worcester in 1969 how everyone in the audience stood for the playing of the national anthem before leaving! :shock:

My father was in the Royal Navy and I attended two Royal Navy schools. At least two of my tutors were WW2 veterans on land and sea against the axis powers. They also carried the injuries to prove it, some physical, some psychological, but respect for them was a given. As was the culture towards an overriding allegiance to our commander in chief. :? The secondary school was run very much like a ship in which we were trained to understand that whatever you did or didn’t do affected the well being of your ‘ship mates’.
Not a bad system really and it would teach many a youth of today a thing or two. :old:
I know little about it, but l would guess that organisations like ‘The Princes Trust’ tries to Propagate a similar culture. ;)

My main interest in the monarchy today would still have to be for the history. This interest also attracts many a visitor and their millions into our tourist and hospitality trades. This was the trade to which I contributed by driving to London daily. My works van also displayed a ridiculously oversized royal crest, which combined with the vans conspicuous livery did make me nervous when close to protest marchers and the prospect of a anarchic element. But hey ho! ;)

So what of today’s Royals? I don’t know how much of an ordeal Megan claims to have gone through, but l understand that the Queen went the extra mile and gave her extraordinary privileges to make her feel welcome. I can’t help thinking about the people with much darker complexions I met in the city who had to work all the hours they could just to keep a roof over their heads. The British people were largely prepared to give Megan a very nice roof for free. All she had to do was learn a few lines, or write a few herself, smile and make some people happy. Should have been easy for an actress. I’m not saying that Harry was wrong to jump ship if that’s what they really wanted, but the less said about that interview the better. :roll:

I thought at one time that the Queen should have stepped down on the passing of the queen mother to give Charles a chance to apply himself. While others have suggested that after the death of Diana the public just wouldn’t buy it until a suitable time had passed (30 years?). But who would want to start the job at the age of 78/9? :?

Yes I agree that William would be a good King who has the insight create a valid role for a monarch in this century. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:32 pm 

Current ride: Triumph ST - RS
Nicely put, Edd.

There doesn’t seem to be any ‘system’ that suits everyone and I suspect there never will be. You can’t please all the people all of the time as some famous dude said.

If someone could point me in the direction of the perfect system I’d be genuinely interested :D

We live in interesting times lOl

In the garage -

2001 X1
EBR 1190SX
KTM390 Duke
Triumph Street Triple RS
Ducati 1199
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:56 pm 

Current ride: M2 Razorback
ursus americanus wrote:
t965m wrote:

Wonderfully phrased, Clive :yup: My thoughts exactly but let HM The Queen hang in there as long as she feels up to it. Hopefully Harry's controller will lead him away from his US B-list celebrity towards someone more like his Mum or his Sister-in-Law :4roz:

Steve

This and this, exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:34 am 

Current ride: The wife
Should the queen retire....don't talk like a hairy egg!
NO she shouldn't, she should be allowed to die in peace and let the next in succession take reign...thats the way it has been and thats the way it should be
I took an oath (many years ago) to protect my Queen and Country (like a few others here) and when I left the job I maintained that oath....still fuckin do and I believe that ANYONE that disrespects the crown should just fuck off to somewhere that will welcome such barbaric mindset
Don't give a fuck if you were born here...came here from Bongo bongo land or what ever...you are here...toe the fuckin line
BE BRITISH...not a soft arse whinging piece of shit

Just my opinion

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next