Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:17 am It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

[ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:59 pm 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Hiya Folks,
I was cleaning out my computer today & I came across some videos of my runs on my 955i to my Father in Laws in Sheffield. So I watched one.
Now this ride is a beauty, it goes half a mile out of my village directly onto the Derbyshire moors, by which time the Daytona is warmed through. From then on in I can ride to my capabilities.
So anyway watching the video I realised that on this particular day I was riding pretty hard and thought, hang on a minute, this is the ideal way to see how my 1125r compares both in handing terms & swiftness with split times.
Anyone had this idea before? I think it's a good one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 am 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
They have been doing it for years in motor sport, F1 , RAC Rally etc. with split screens showing drivers lines and times to corner apex or braking markers , so nothing new there

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:41 am 

barney wrote:
They have been doing it for years in motor sport, F1 , RAC Rally etc. with split screens showing drivers lines and times to corner apex or braking markers , so nothing new there

Yeah & every other professional sport as well to be honest Barney. I'm sure I didn't say it was a new idea, just for different purposes :yup: Sorry for not making that clear.
I was talking about my or anyone else's rides on their bikes for comparison purposes of two different bikes? Same bike? Same ride? Same rider? How the bikes compare & how our skills compare on the same ride on a hard riding day. I just think it will be interesting to isolate why some abilities are better on one bike & how we can, if we want transfer those abilities to our current rides. :idea:
I just wondered like I said if anyone else had done this and if they found it useful?
I also think an analysis & report would also be quite interesting if it was honest & not idealistic.
There doesn't seem to be much else happening on this forum at the moment and I personally feel any contribution is better than none and that positivism regarding any idea is far more likely to be contributory to the forum on the whole.
Have a great day Folks. Paul.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:40 am 

I isolated why my 1125r isn't as smooth on cornering as the Triumph was.
The 1125r engine drive sprocket has a bit of lag, which makes the bike jerk slightly when the power comes on or goes off. This transfers to the rear end which can be a little disconcerting, fortunately there is a fix for this that I'll get on with when I'm done with the cooling.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:39 pm 

Current ride: The wife
Jazzbutcher wrote:
The 1125r engine drive sprocket

Pulley :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:32 pm 

Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
The 1125r engine drive sprocket

Pulley :roll:

you'll go blind :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 pm 

Current ride: Xt500 , 1125 CR
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Hmm...I'm gonna disagree JB...there must be more lag in a chain and sprocket and cush drive set up over a tensioned belt and directly bolted pulley?...specially a fooked chain.....my 1125 seems like the throttle is directly linked to the rear wheel on acceleration.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:15 pm 

Ohsteveo wrote:
Hmm...I'm gonna disagree JB...there must be more lag in a chain and sprocket and cush drive set up over a tensioned belt and directly bolted pulley?...specially a fooked chain.....my 1125 seems like the throttle is directly linked to the rear wheel on acceleration.

Your (front pulley) cush drive is still ok by the sound of that, mine need sorting.
I know how to fix it, just busy doing other stuff at the moment.

[ 8 posts ]