It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:42

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 25 May 2009 23:45 

Well the man with the user name most peeps get wrong is back. Been pondering coming back on since the guys did such a wonderful job in building this new site. I appreciate how much hard work has gone into it.

Ever since the old site was turned off I have sat back and said to myself that was good whilst it lasted, for over 4 years now (yes still learning to walk compared to some) I have been a Buell owner, the M2 and now the X1, done many a happy, sometimes scary but mainly :D :D miles, all slowly with the odd dash between. But at sometime you start to question why? Why take the chance every day, why go into battle with cars, lorries, vans, pedestrians and wildlife??? I kinda lost a bit of that internal drive, the passion was going.
Also the loss of dear friends, both here on two wheels and work colleagues who have been taken to quickly, the change in the Southern posses spiritual home of DG20, yes it is only bricks and mortar but it was a lot more, its reinventing itself which it would have had to do anyway. But still no matter how much it trys it is a mere shadow of its former past, I applaude those who are trying to give it back its spirit and hopefully they are achieving thier goals. It was that place yesterday that made me decide to get back on here amongst friends. I turned up to pay tribute for the run out yesterday and it was so good to see so many faces that had put themselves out to be there. I realised that whatever happens, regardless of meeting places peeps on here develop special friendships, long lasting relationships (not in the biblical sense :old: ) which mean a lot. It does not matter if you don't see each other every week, month or year but its the knowing that peeps are there if you need them, some very reliable guys and gals when the crunch hits are there and this is the spirit, the everlasting spirit that makes this place and its people so damned great.
So Hi glad to be back amongst you special peeps again . . . .
(I have waffled enough)
Now how do I get an avatar back up???

PostPosted: 25 May 2009 23:52 

Hello Steve

Good to see you back. Would have missed your tremendous photos amongst other things :)

Did you get your bike sorted yesterday (rear brake IIRC)

Its good to Torque

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 00:07 

Cheers Martin, not fixed yet but in process of doing so, my fault really, I had a burning inclin to check my rear wheel alignment, something said check it, I had a new tyre fitted a month ago and lucky I did check. The brake caliper had not been properly relocated, the pin bit did not seat into the recess in the inner swing arm but was sat on top. (I had not noticed it!!)That mean everytime you reversed the bike and applied rear brake the whole unit rotated backwards only stopping due to the brake pipe.
I fixed this but in doing so the pipe flexed the other way, I did not notice and it just came into contact with the tyre when weight was on the bike. Going to pick up my friend on way to DG yesterday and the rear brake lost all pressure when the line blew covering the rear tyre in oil.
Quick thinking meant as soon as I felt the peddle go limp I had an idea that traction was going to get very limited, I managed to get over and stop safely then wiped the wheel/tyre down. I continued slowly (slower than normal) on just the front.
Hence why we did not do the full run, had a drink at a local pub then headed slowly back.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 07:18 

Current ride: 2000 x1
Welcome back Steve Im so glad you decided not to disappear on us all. After all who would egg Norm on to stuff cold wet stuff down the back of my jeans at the next Deliverance :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 07:34 

Hey.... um... whoever you are. ;) Good to see you yesterday, sir. 8-)

Tigs wrote:
Welcome back Steve Im so glad you decided not to disappear on us all. After all who would egg Norm on to stuff cold wet stuff down the back of my jeans at the next Deliverance :lol: :lol:

You think I need much encouragement? :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 09:30 

Welcome back 8-) You need a new rear tyre (if only for peace of mind). The oil will have seeped into the microscopic tears in the rubber.

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 11:09 

Adam wrote:
Welcome back 8-) You need a new rear tyre (if only for peace of mind). The oil will have seeped into the microscopic tears in the rubber.

That was what I was concerned about, managed to get off most of the visible oil but like you say it can absorb into the tyre. Its only done 500 miles how about if I put concrete dust on the side that was covered do you think this may draw out any residue?

And yes good to be back with you all and Tig,s what makes you think I had anything to do with Norms exploites ? :shock: As if i would :lol:

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 14:53 

Current ride: 2000 x1
Mirmanuk wrote:
And yes good to be back with you all and Tig,s what makes you think I had anything to do with Norms exploites ? :shock: As if i would :lol:

Ummmmmm that would be because you confessed to it :lol: :lol:. But I am so pleased your suggestion of cold soggy strawberries was translated to wet tissues :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 15:54 

Mirmanuk wrote:
Adam wrote:

That was what I was concerned about, managed to get off most of the visible oil but like you say it can absorb into the tyre. Its only done 500 miles how about if I put concrete dust on the side that was covered do you think this may draw out any residue?

I've absolutely no idea whether it'll work or not but I doubt it. It's the last thing you need to worry about when you're about to tip into a bend at 90 though. Get it changed, I reckon even Mrs Mirman thinks you're worth more than £110 ;) :D

PostPosted: 27 May 2009 08:16 

Hi matey, welcome back.

Get that tyre fixed - take no chances. Do it, you know it makes sense xxxx

PostPosted: 27 May 2009 08:31 
Nice to see you back.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009 11:16 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
Hey Steve, welcome back. Just to give you an alternate view (and get flamed :lol: ) when my crankshaft seal blew, oil covered both my rear tyre and brake disc and pads. Being skint as I normally am these days, I could not afford to replace the tyre or the pads, so I used fairy liquid to clean up both. :oooops: Done over 500 miles since, some at warp factor and some at cranked over warp factor and I'm still here.
Not advocating that you should copy me, but sometimes needs must.
Then again, you're looking at a bloke that wears a 14 year old helmet. :shock:

See ya soon mate. 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 14:23 
Hi Mirmanuk - Steve

Glad your back. 8-)

bryn