It is currently 25 Apr 2024 05:03

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2527 Next
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 19:00 
Just got back, a great day, it's really good to meet up with friends old and new 8-)

But WTF did it take me an hour longer to get home than it did to get there ? :o :evil: :?

Also got home just in time, it's started raining here.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 19:14 
Sir Cabbage

I took about an hour longer to get back as I guessed my way back to the way Woody told me this morning and ended up on the edge of Grimsby :shock:

Even more shocking is my heads sunburnt :shock: :shock:

Great to see old (and new) faces and was nice to be invited aboard OF's cessna even if I did gatecrash the departure loung

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 19:56 
Mr. Tourettes

Home safe, both dry as a bone, great day out, :sun: thanks to go organization... :sp: ...will look thro' all the photo's my nipper took (I did ask him to try to get some 'candid' shots) so lets hope no one was behind the bike sheds :sun:

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 20:06 

Home, home again. I like to be here when I can.

Thanks for a great day, people. Special thanks to CJ and Jane for the organisation.

Digger and Kathryn: sorry we did off before you were ready, hope you had a good ride home.

I

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 20:45 

Current ride: CZ 350!
iwoo9 wrote:

Thanks for a great day, people. Special thanks to CJ and Jane for the organisation.

Here here to that!
Picked up a passenger on the way home-a bumble bee decided he wanted to know what it was like on the inside of my helmet looking out! :shock: Why is it when you look for the catch to lift your lid up in a hurry you can never find it !

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 20:47 
What a great day out. Thanks go to CJ (and Jane) for organising the whole thing, once again they have excelled themselves. CJ obviously got the weather dials spot on. Glorious day, although head a bit red from sunburn!!! :oooops:
Thanks also to Norm for getting us from Peterborough services to the event, via the scenic, muddy route!!!! My pillion has never had so many "near death" experiences in such a short space of time but I thought it was great!!!! :ill:
Nice to meet up with Klipdrift and the others on route and great to see so many faces and great bikes. Please post any photos on the forum so I can grab a few-forgot my camera!!!!
Looking forward to the next event. :D

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 21:02 

Thanks for a good day CJ+JJ. Got Jinx sorted back to the Bull Hotel - was an amazing road between Spilsby and Horncastle 8-) 8-) 8-) Just wish my back had been better and I could have ridden it on a bike. Next year I will 8-)

Good to see you all and make sure you get to Del Pt2

(And if Mr+Mrs Brown don't make it, OF will be despatched to Hull to empty his pee bottle over your Gaff :lol: )

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 21:23 
Been back about an hour, Cracking day out and big :yup: to all that organized the day.
I came home via Leicester and only had a couple of spots of rain on my visor, it had clearly rained in places though!

Superb run up today, part one in the larger group was a touch quick shall we say and part two with Pash, Onanist and Spook was even more enjoyable. I think I have improved my riding skills today.

I left for Leicester with my Mothers fella in the lead on his BMW 1150RT, I have ridden once before with him but we both had pillions so were taking it really easy, His regular weekend run out is up to skeggy etc so he knows the roads really well (and has been riding for 40+years) I was loving following his lines though the bends and seeing how he set himself up to carry speed though the bends so smoothly, I on the other hand was a little less smooth!

I left Leicester and headed back on my own, took my time really as no rush to get back.

Good to see everyone today, especially uncle Norm!

Big thanks to Pash for his help with the catastrophic (Not) failure of my left rear indicator, I'm sure Spook will be along shortly to remind me that something has finally gone wrong (all be it from my own tinkering) with my CR!!
:yup: :sun: :yup: :sun: :yup:

I may have been mistaken but I'm pretty sure I heard Digger say something like "I wanted to hate it but can't" after riding a CR today too!

Last edited by jonnyboyrebel on 18 Jul 2009 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 21:26 

I had a great day, and it was great to be able to put faces to names.
Its just a shame that I had to arrive in 4 wheels instead of on 2.

Thanks to CJ and Jane for organising a great day.

Hope to see you all again soon.

p.s TIGS -see I have posted, even tho i'm the quiet one :shut:

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 22:02 

Current ride: XB9R, 1200GS,CB750.
Yes twas a good day, thanks Chris and jane for another great day and for sorting the weather out, even got a touch of sun on the balding bit :lol: Great to see every one and to put a few more faces to Avtars....had a good run back to Caistor with Sheepy some how we lost Digger en route,after a phone call i realised he turned off at the other Caistor junction...see you all again, another day, another way.

Stay lucky Woody.

You can always tell a Yorkshire man..But ya can't tell him much.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 22:09 
Site Admin

What a brilliant day 8-) ......I'm so glad I decided to go in the end.
Today was the 1st time I've ridden a bike since the Yoffmeisters funeral and although as wooden as a very wooden thing, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride there and back in brilliant weather 8-)
Great to see all you guys again.......reminded me why I do what I do.....note to self, must get out on a Buell more often :oooops:
Massive thanks to Chris and Jane for organising this great event, 76 Buells and another shit loada dosh for a very worthy cause :clap:
Only downside is that my bonce is positively glowing with sunburn.....as most will appreciate, my days are spent deep under ground and it's usually dark by the time I go home, I'm not accustomed to mere daylight never mind strong sunshine :(
.....stripped out of my riding gear when I got home and Mrs. Maz reckoned I looked like a match stick :evil:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 22:36 
Maz wrote:

Only downside is that my bonce is positively glowing with sunburn.....as most will appreciate, my days are spent deep under ground and it's usually dark by the time I go home, I'm not accustomed to mere daylight never mind strong sunshine :(
.....stripped out of my riding gear when I got home and Mrs. Maz reckoned I looked like a match stick :evil:

I noticed a little glow on my swede this evening too.

Was good to finally meet you today Maz.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 22:47 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
An amazing day!

Thanks very much to CJ and Jane for your hard work, it was a good turn out, it was great to meet a few new faces and catch up with old ones. Some great looking bikes ... and a few er ... different ones. Cool to chat with the Dutch contingent again, excellent effort guys :clap:

A huge thank you to Gill and Martin for there exceptional hospitality, I've always been a nervous flyer and was put at ease immediately. Very enjoyable time in the sky, (despite Martins pranks with the various warning noises!) makes you appreciate our country when you look down on it, Well most of it anyway.

I even got to fly a bit as well, sorry to the passengers I scared half to death, never has a group of Buellers been scared so much, so quickly and in such comfortable style. If its any consolation you weren't as afraid as I was, Martin the mess on the leather wasn't as bad as the mess in my trousers and it should polish out a treat :oooops: ... We really can't thank you enough for today, it was an amazing experience!

Take off from Popham airfield - Movie clip Image

Pictures to follow, once Photobucket plays nicely

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 22:50 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Great day out and good to see everyone. Special thanks to CJ and JJ and those who joined me in the rideout from Black Bear. Checked out an alternative route last night but didn't like it as much as our traditional route through Welney Wash so passed that way to pay our respects to the Yoffmeister. Especially moving to emerge from the series of bends to see a pair of black Cyclones parked outside the pub 8-) Barney and D2's old M2 now owned by Millsy. Good to meet you.

Not so good to see a poxy Busa there which later tried to gatecrash the team photo :lol:

Good to see you reacted to a bit of peer pressure, :maz: , glad you enjoyed the ride and sorry I didn't get to talk to you more.

See you all at Deliverance :P

Steve

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 23:03 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2527 Next