It is currently 16 Apr 2024 10:20

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 27 Next
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 23:16 

just to say how much i enjoyed today and meeting friends old and new.
big thanks to cj and jj for making it possible and even sorting good weather for the day.
Lovely dry run there and back i did not expect that after the weather we had this last week. :sun:

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 23:47 
Site Admin

Quote:
Good to see you reacted to a bit of peer pressure, , glad you enjoyed the ride and sorry I didn't get to talk to you more.

Steve, as you're MUCH older than me, I'll bow to peer pressure on this occaision :twisted:

Still buzzin from today (and me bonce is now mega throbbin'....even the Russian based tonic water aint working :x ) cant wait for Deliverance 2 :yup:

Raising a glass to absent friends, I really miss you guys, catch you laters ;)

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 00:43 

Either someone has nicked Maz's log in or a few hours scooting round the countryside on a Buell were just what he needed. :lol:

Good times at East Lincs Aviation, continued into the evening (this is being typed on Tigs' computer, just no-one tell her please :D )

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 01:36 

Hi all,

As a non regular on this site just want to say wot a pleasure today was...
Guess i will need to find my way to Adam's place in 2 weeks time..

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 06:47 

Current ride: 06 12R
What a day, thanks all
it was amazing to see so many Buells in one place,
and the Lanc.... i want one
enjoyed chatting to lots, alas not all
Good to see lots of JogLe mates especially
440 dry miles,
Bangin :P

To All

:clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 08:40 
46 minutes from Lincolnshire to Winchester - dry all the way and no sore arse, motorbikes are wonderful but I think flying is the way forward, especially when done in sooooooo much style......this really is a beautiful country when seen from the air - so much space. Did Capability Brown really landscape the whole country ;)

Huge, huge thanks to OF and FF for making the day possible and so much fun, and to Mick the Map for the airport taxi service.....and of course the CJ's, Kevmean, the Slags and everyone oop north. Thank you GeordieMick for the best laugh of the day...."hole in the ground/jury service" classic :D

Lovely to see old friends, not so old friends and everyone else who I didn't recognise ;)

Sheepy your bike is lush, but Ursus's should have won best bike there......so pretty.

A fabulous day :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 09:12 
Gutted,
Thought it was today, virgin finally got my interweb sorted yesterday afternoon, so I came on to check if anyone was going from round here to find out it was yesterday.
Story of my life :ffs:
The dilemma is do I,
A, tell the wife and have her make me finish the diy she has had me doing for the last 6 months or,
B, pretend it is on today and bog off out on the bike as planned

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 09:41 

What a great day out as usual, thanks to Chris & Jane for organising :clap:
rode up to Newmarket to hook up the ride from there with ursus,
as steve said he'd planned another route, but we all were comfortable riding through Welney(RIP yoffi).
Had a pleasant ride back via Peterborough Cambridge M11 300 dry :sun: miles in total for the day.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 10:14 
too late, i foolishly left this page up while i had a shower

guess i will be using my private parking spot at B&Q again today after all

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 11:08 

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 14:38 
Mr. Tourettes

Some photo's I hope (it's the first time I have tried this)

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 15:50 

Current ride: 2000 x1
This has been one of the best weekends. We had a fab and dry ride in with Digger, Sheepy, Woody, Smarty and the lovely Rawni. We met up with friend we have made over the past year and made some new ones. And to top it all off had an evening of silliness and laughter with Norm, Mark and Sarah. Who on earth could ask for more :sun: :sun: :sun:

A safe journey to those travelling home today.

P.S It was so good to see Maz rekindle his Buell grin if a little scary at the alter ego ;). Do it again Maz and soon!!!!!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 15:58 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
Great day, great company. Special thanks to a few people, you know who you are. 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 18:40 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
Well got home at about 4:30 and although it wasn't dry all the way it was a lot dryer than Friday when I got completely soaked and was freezing although that was soon for got about after a shower and a couple of pints.
Had a great weekend apart from getting wet on Friday.
Really good to see some old faces and meet some new.
I really enjoyed the demo ride on the 1125 CR and you never know although not sure if I'd be stupd enough to buy another Buell. Even Chris had the weather machine working again and I even managed to burn my head. :lol:
For those of you that didn't make it you need to try and make the effort for the next one as it really is a great weekend.
Had a really good night out on Saturday as well after all the oldies had gone to bed Timo and myself got hooked up with a couple of the local ladies and ended up in one of Horncastle's premier nightspots okay Horncastle's only nightspot and although the music was terrible we managed to get another couple of pints down our necks. 8-)

I hope Timo makes it to Dublin today.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 19:12 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Hi Norrie - glad you made it home safely :yup:...

Another successful Em's Day under our belts - Jane and I would like to thank everyone who attended.

A special mention must go to Kev and Claire for helping us out yesterday. Kev looked after the bike parking arrangements while Claire handled the sale of UKBEG Buell Challenge T-shirts, which raised a rather splendid £247 :worthy:..

We'd also like to thank the Buell events team who did a really professional job of handling the test rides and supported the event by their presence.

There were 167 bikes at the event, which included 76 Buells. The event raised a total of £657 for Em's Charity :P...

As others have already mentioned the weather yesterday was just about perfect. We had a few light showers early on but the rest of the day was mostly sunny.

The Buell Hotel in Horncastle looked after us very well with good food, secure parking and a biker friendly attitude. We'll definitely use this hotel again for next years Em's Day - which will take place on Saturday 17th July 2010.

A few of my pictures from the weekend.

Jane on the gate:

The Buell events team:

Em's Barney in pride of place:

Lots of Buells in the sunshine:

Jane, Timo and Norrie at the Buell Hotel:

UKBEG ladies:

Long distance award: Ronnie from Holland, 978 km (608 miles)

Best Buell award: Graham (GB)

Best Italian award: Hugh - Ducati Sporting Club

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 27 Next