It is currently 20 Apr 2024 14:55

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 21:02 

Sarah says "do you want some of BA'S old clothes???" :rofl:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 21:04 
I've put a little weight on but I dont need a bloody tent yet :rofl:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 21:13 
Mr. Tourettes

steely wrote:
Thanks to all the organisers for a great day out, including whoever arranged the weather.
It was good to have the Dutch cultural delegation join us for a great ride back to Norfolk, and to learn about their quaint custom of "swaffeling" http://www.swaffelforum.nl/topic.php?id=5 :shock:.

GB, Mo, Debbie and I rode the first 20 miles this morning with Walter, Marco and Ronnie. Here they take their leave... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTMofau5xUo

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 21:22 

:hehe:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 21:26 

Great weekend. Thanks to CJ and Jane and to the Buell hotel. Rode back with Deepsix and stopped off for the Ton up day at Jacks Cafe just as it started to hammer down with rain. Apart from that excellent ride home. Good to catch up with old faces and get to know some new ones. :D

Its good to Torque

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 21:32 

Current ride: CZ 350!
Another piccy:-
http://yfrog.com/47more023j

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 21:38 

Current ride: CZ 350!
And from the other end:-
http://yfrog.com/0xmore021j

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 22:35 
MrT wrote:
Great weekend. Thanks to CJ and Jane and to the Buell hotel. Rode back with Deepsix and stopped off for the Ton up day at Jacks Cafe just as it started to hammer down with rain. Apart from that excellent ride home. Good to catch up with old faces and get to know some new ones. :D

Was the ride back at a slightly more gentle pace than on the way up?

I especially liked the overtake by one of the dutch guys on the wrong side of a traffic island!! brings back old memories of when my driving license meant nothing to me!!!

I want to do it all again tomorrow!!!!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 22:43 
jonnyboyrebel wrote:
I may have been mistaken but I'm pretty sure I heard Digger say something like "I wanted to hate it but can't" after riding a CR today too!

No mate, I have to say your hearing's better than your eyesight :D

What a simply stonking motor that is. At most points in the revband it was barely discernible from the 748R power delivery. Nice seating position, a bit too many gizmos on the dash for my liking, wasn't allowed to let it off the lead so I've no idea what the handling's like above walking pace, but a superb motor.

Still hate those Dumbo lugs though :ner:

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 23:01 
Digger wrote:
jonnyboyrebel wrote:
I may have been mistaken but I'm pretty sure I heard Digger say something like "I wanted to hate it but can't" after riding a CR today too!

Still hate those Dumbo lugs though :ner:

could you see said dumbo ears while riding?
trust me when I say the noise from them trying to suck the world in when you're giving it the biggun is something quite special!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 23:56 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Great weekend, thanks to the organisers and contributors. About 450 miles on S1 most enjoyable in a masochistic way. Tested the 1125r and Ully with the Buell experience guys, Ully is a far more civilised way to cover distance but loved the S1 around Lincolnshire.

Brisk run on way up to East Kirby as didn't want to be late and had the Dutch sniffing at my heels which seemed to suggest they were up for the pace :lol: ( or didn't want to get lost) Tuber seem to hold its own.. Sorry lost half of group after Grantham; between checking the post-it note on tank and road signs lost track of tail end charlie; tho must admit PC Pash should have been easy to spot. :oooops:
Lovely collection of bikes at Kirby and far far too many people to take in :?

A random selection of shots......

Despite Maz finally giving himself a day off and hopefully enjoying it he got 'cold turkey' and had to fiddle with something :roll: Thanks for tips about temp sensor on X1, Sounds like Norm had similar symptoms on his bike on way home but his may have been rain induced? S1 never missed a beat.

Shame I wasn't staying at the Bull Hotel Saturday but maybe as well as would have ended up on the raz with Norrie and Timo till the silly hours. Good evening company, Bull looks a good place to book early for next year.

Few shots of a soggy Ton up day on separate thread. Interesting stuff there. Too wet to bother with many photos though.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 00:34 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
Yeah it's a shame you never got booked at the Bull as Timo and myself never got in until 3am. 8-)

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 00:46 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
norrie wrote:
Yeah it's a shame you never got booked at the Bull as Timo and myself never got in until 3am. 8-)

Hope you weren't grooming Timo :shock:
I struggled to navigate my way back without a sore heed as I'm sure I would have had if stayed out that late.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 02:09 

richie wrote:
steely wrote:
Thanks to all the organisers for a great day out, including whoever arranged the weather.
It was good to have the Dutch cultural delegation join us for a great ride back to Norfolk, and to learn about their quaint custom of "swaffeling" http://www.swaffelforum.nl/topic.php?id=5 :shock:.

GB, Mo, Debbie and I rode the first 20 miles this morning with Walter, Marco and Ronnie. Here they take their leave... :worthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTMofau5xUo

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I knew you would appreciate that Richie :yup: surprised there hasn`t been any complaints about the departure across the runway :roll:
Was nice to win an award :shock: not deserved, but appreciated, good to know that some people understand there is a right way and a wrong way to build Buells (built not bought) Good to see you :maz: can`t remember seeing you looking so relaxed. Probably the ride home and the ride to send the Dutch on their way this morning have been the best rides I,ve had in ages, probably since my Ducati days,(that reminds me,must practice my wheelies and rolling burnouts :twisted: ) on that note it was good to catch up with the Italian riders, Keefys Hypermotard should have won best Italian but left before the judging :roll:

Shame I can`t make the Lauwe BBQ, but am looking forward to the Croix trackday with the Dutch club,(that will be fun Pash,trust me :twisted: )

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 02:14 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
CJ wrote:
A special mention must go to Kev and Claire for helping us out yesterday. Kev looked after the bike parking arrangements while Claire handled the sale of UKBEG Buell Challenge T-shirts, which raised a rather splendid £247 :worthy:..

Was a pleasure to be able to help as usual :D :D :D :D was glad to see that most people didn't need too much directing :D :D
Did get accused of being too strict a couple of times ......but a moto guzzi needs two wheels to be a motorcycle and the Laverda may have been an italian twin but it wasn't a Vtwin :lol: :lol:
And no Harleys are not european Vtwins either :D :D
So apart from a Buell sneaking into the european line up (I wonder if the owner realised i 'd moved it lol ) the arrangments went very well this year.

I did on a number of occasions get accused of being a closet traffic warden though :lol: :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next