Last visit was: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 am It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 344
Current ride: 2006(55) XB12X
Location: Leeds
Date for your 2019 diaries, if not purchased a UKBEG Calendar is Sat 6th July.

_________________
Buell owners should be committed ;-)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 9782
Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
Location: southampton
:sun:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 8309
Location: Manchester
:shock:

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2729
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
not long now

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1205
Current ride: Buell 1125R
barney wrote:
not long now


For anyone thinking of not going cause they think Maz is a grumpy F****r, don't believe it for a second. He's a total gent, even to me.
So get your bike out & get up there on the 6th.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:19 pm
Posts: 1332
Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
Location: Scottish Borders
No he's definitely a grumpy fucker. :maz:

_________________
Norrie.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 9782
Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
Location: southampton
all the best engineers are grumpy ..trust me I have some knowledge
perfectionist cant stand numpties :twisted:
go & see why we recommend Maz , & not the dealerships , to work on our bikes ! :sun:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2729
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
:yt: and the older you get the less time you have for " numpties "
or for people who ask a question and then when given an answer , disregard it :headbang:

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1205
Current ride: Buell 1125R
barney wrote:
:yt: and the older you get the less time you have for " numpties "
or for people who ask a question and then when given an answer , disregard it :headbang:


Right then Barney.
Those Numpties you talk of are Maz's future customer base and I personally know of one person who will definitely not be going to his Emporium because he called them a moron whilst they were giving me information.I'm not sure being a grumpy engineer is any excuse for rudeness to others who are trying to help others on the site.
Whether people listen or act on Maz's or anyone's information is their choice, If I had listened to a lot of the advice I was given during getting my bike running ok. It simply wouldn't be running correctly at this point in time.
Fortunately there are some who are interested in why mine doesn't run like other 1125r's. Pash actually told me that out of the ECM's I tried, none would run the same on any other 1125r & I totally know this as Kiwi tried all the ones I had that didn't run his. Whereas they ran mine fine.
I personally took a trip to Maz's as I was stuck & he was good enough to help me out with my forks, but even then he told me I should be ready for some abuse when I got there. I'm fortunately brassy enough to take shit from most people and Maz turned out to be a really interesting bloke who wasn't really abusive at all, in fact a perfect gent as I've said.
Most people do not see this side of Maz on this site which is a shame as like I said these people are his future customers at his business.
Furthermore anyone calling anyone else a Numpty/Moron or any deriding name obviously does not include themselves in this. That to me is always cause for concern as everyone at some point really is, no-one is perfect although they may think they are, and even if have the delusion that they are, this does not mean that others are numpties because they aren't.
Fuck Me :headbang:

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:43 pm
Posts: 2373
Current ride: S1`s
Location: Llanelli South Wales
:eat:

Veggie Burger please Maz :shut:

Hope to be there on a bike , although last time my arse felt like the misses had pegged me ....


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1831
Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
TOPGUMM wrote:
although last time my arse felt like the misses had pegged me ....

Again?

_________________
Dusty 001


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 9782
Current ride: X1 2001 White Riot
Location: southampton
everyone has an opinion , you are allowed one
some of us don't need to keep justifying it .
:roll:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2729
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
Jazzbutcher wrote:
barney wrote:
:yt: and the older you get the less time you have for " numpties "
or for people who ask a question and then when given an answer , disregard it :headbang:


Right then Barney.
Those Numpties you talk of are Maz's future customer base and I personally know of one person who will definitely not be going to his Emporium because he called them a moron whilst they were giving me information.I'm not sure being a grumpy engineer is any excuse for rudeness to others who are trying to help others on the site.
Whether people listen or act on Maz's or anyone's information is their choice, If I had listened to a lot of the advice I was given during getting my bike running ok. It simply wouldn't be running correctly at this point in time.
Fortunately there are some who are interested in why mine doesn't run like other 1125r's. Pash actually told me that out of the ECM's I tried, none would run the same on any other 1125r & I totally know this as Kiwi tried all the ones I had that didn't run his. Whereas they ran mine fine.
I personally took a trip to Maz's as I was stuck & he was good enough to help me out with my forks, but even then he told me I should be ready for some abuse when I got there. I'm fortunately brassy enough to take shit from most people and Maz turned out to be a really interesting bloke who wasn't really abusive at all, in fact a perfect gent as I've said.
Most people do not see this side of Maz on this site which is a shame as like I said these people are his future customers at his business.
Furthermore anyone calling anyone else a Numpty/Moron or any deriding name obviously does not include themselves in this. That to me is always cause for concern as everyone at some point really is, no-one is perfect although they may think they are, and even if have the delusion that they are, this does not mean that others are numpties because they aren't.
Fuck Me :headbang:

right then Jazzbutcher
The numpties I referred to were a generalisation in whatever trade you wish to look at and an observation that as you get older you value your time more preciously and your patience diminishes
:roll:

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1205
Current ride: Buell 1125R
barney wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
barney wrote:
:yt: and the older you get the less time you have for " numpties "
or for people who ask a question and then when given an answer , disregard it :headbang:


Right then Barney.
Those Numpties you talk of are Maz's future customer base and I personally know of one person who will definitely not be going to his Emporium because he called them a moron whilst they were giving me information.I'm not sure being a grumpy engineer is any excuse for rudeness to others who are trying to help others on the site.
Whether people listen or act on Maz's or anyone's information is their choice, If I had listened to a lot of the advice I was given during getting my bike running ok. It simply wouldn't be running correctly at this point in time.
Fortunately there are some who are interested in why mine doesn't run like other 1125r's. Pash actually told me that out of the ECM's I tried, none would run the same on any other 1125r & I totally know this as Kiwi tried all the ones I had that didn't run his. Whereas they ran mine fine.
I personally took a trip to Maz's as I was stuck & he was good enough to help me out with my forks, but even then he told me I should be ready for some abuse when I got there. I'm fortunately brassy enough to take shit from most people and Maz turned out to be a really interesting bloke who wasn't really abusive at all, in fact a perfect gent as I've said.
Most people do not see this side of Maz on this site which is a shame as like I said these people are his future customers at his business.
Furthermore anyone calling anyone else a Numpty/Moron or any deriding name obviously does not include themselves in this. That to me is always cause for concern as everyone at some point really is, no-one is perfect although they may think they are, and even if have the delusion that they are, this does not mean that others are numpties because they aren't.
Fuck Me :headbang:

right then Jazzbutcher
The numpties I referred to were a generalisation in whatever trade you wish to look at and an observation that as you get older you value your time more preciously and your patience diminishes
:roll:


My mistake Barney. My apologies, Just went on a bit of a rant there. I thought you were talking about me being a numpty not taking advice or acting on some of it, (one thing at a time mainly,) sorry my mistake. The Maz thing came to mind and I thought he was being rude but he was just being Maz, slipped my mind, it's entirely up to Maz how he gets viewed on the site & F88k all to do with me.
I also should NOT have involved others in with my imaginary beef, sorry to anyone offended. My apologies, I sometimes get a bit ahead of myself in my head & write without censorship (a Weakness on my part,) thought I was getting better for a while but sometimes just slip up.
Some of the information given was beyond me, I didn't really know you could run live data when the bike was running, I think most people thought I did. It was only when I asked Steve & with the answer he gave very clearly that I got it, my fault as I wasn't asking the right questions I guess & getting frustrated with myself to boot.
The trouble with me & emails is I can read what I think I see sometimes, I can take things out of context etc. I'll pick myself up on it again so it should improve. Feel free to pick me up if you see me doing it again if you like.
At least I didn't mention the Cosmos & truth which means I'm not fully fucked up yet, I'll keep an eye on it.
Heart on my sleeve again folks, I was wrong & don't mind admitting so.
Once again my apologies Barney. Paul

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1205
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Nutah wrote:
everyone has an opinion , you are allowed one
some of us don't need to keep justifying it .
:roll:


If that's directed at me is that a proverb or quote or something?

Listen folks I don't have to write about what I'm doing I'm certainly not trying reinforce my opinion I have my vision for cooling my bike as it definitely works for me & I've stuck pretty well to that. I just keep writing about things I'm doing to my 1125r, I'm quite easy about stopping doing that I just thought it may help others, if it doesn't I'm sorry.
So it probably wont help when I say the bike is back to my non ram air system with a few more modifications & is running great. The things I'm doing now are trying to improve this further.
But yeah I can stop sharing if people aren't interested no problem & do this through Pms with others who are.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited