Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:31 pm It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 333
Current ride: 2006(55) XB12X
Location: Leeds
Had some nice rideouts over the summer where a stop often takes place in locations frequented by other motorcyclists and got to thinking this weekend about proposing some scheduled meetups for next year.

There are many options on locations, for which at least one should be local to some so I was thinking that would be good to propose a series of 4 or 5 meetups, one per month through May, June, July, August and September, each at a different location, not impacting with Em's Day, Emporium Open Day, Deliverance and such like.

Considered locations thus far:
Willingham Woods, nr Market Rasen
Squires Cafe, Sherburn in Elemet
Rivington Hall Barn, nr Bolton
Seaways Cafe, Fridaythorpe, Yorkshire Wolds
Tan Hill,
Devil's Bridge, Kirby Lonsdale

Please give me your thoughts, ideas/preferences on meeting places and whether a weekend day or weekday evening timeslot is preferred.

Will look to publish these in advance in next year's calendar.

_________________
Buell owners should be committed ;-)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 721
Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).

_________________
Try this on yer fueller...........


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2675
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
Hi Derick how’s the bike going now ? did you find out what had caused the cutting out ?
Reference the rides out for next year, may I suggest that the last Sunday in September be a Distinguished Gentleman / Ladies ride out day in aid of charity, at wherever is closest to you or your local group of friends wish to attend
https://www.gentlemansride.com/
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23983

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1128
Current ride: Buell 1125R
03 wrote:
Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).


I think that if we as a forum did a lot more positive contributing like Delw in suggesting ride outs etc. This forum may well become a lot more popular than it actually seems at the moment.
Well done Delw great suggestion. :worthy: :yup:

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 333
Current ride: 2006(55) XB12X
Location: Leeds
03 wrote:
Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).

No worries, same question will be going on the other place but this is still my first go to place in respect of things Buell related.
I suspect that I may need to take the lead on proposing locations and dates but at least I've given peeps the option of making a suggestion.

_________________
Buell owners should be committed ;-)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 721
delw wrote:
03 wrote:
Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).

No worries, same question will be going on the other place but this is still my first go to place in respect of things Buell related.
I suspect that I may need to take the lead on proposing locations and dates but at least I've given peeps the option of making a suggestion.

All the best, really. You got three answers so far. Not too bad I suppose, when the number of posters perhaps just about makes double figures on a good day.

_________________
Try this on yer fueller...........


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 9:27 pm
Posts: 1352
Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
Location: Glossop in't th'hills
Great idea. I used to like the run down to the NMM for the various Buell meetings that Chris used to organise. All the places you've suggested I'd gladly have a run out to weather permitting. There's even the Ponderosa in Wales that's a nice run out when the sun's shining :yup:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2675
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
yes Dave the Ponderosa is a nice place :yup:
another place could be RAF Cosford aircraft museum , free to enter just got to pay for parking
https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/
and let's not forget Jack Hills cafe

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2675
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
03 wrote:
delw wrote:
03 wrote:
Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).

No worries, same question will be going on the other place but this is still my first go to place in respect of things Buell related.
I suspect that I may need to take the lead on proposing locations and dates but at least I've given peeps the option of making a suggestion.

All the best, really. You got three answers so far. Not too bad I suppose, when the number of posters perhaps just about makes double figures on a good day.

if you care to look on the forum front page the "who's on line " you will see that the" Most users ever online was 176 on 15 Aug 2019, 16:25" only a couple of weeks ago

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 721
barney wrote:
03 wrote:
delw wrote:
03 wrote:
Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).

No worries, same question will be going on the other place but this is still my first go to place in respect of things Buell related.
I suspect that I may need to take the lead on proposing locations and dates but at least I've given peeps the option of making a suggestion.

All the best, really. You got three answers so far. Not too bad I suppose, when the number of posters perhaps just about makes double figures on a good day.

if you care to look on the forum front page the "who's on line " you will see that the" Most users ever online was 176 on 15 Aug 2019, 16:25" only a couple of weeks ago

Thank you - Read my reply, I underlined and bolded the important bit.

_________________
Try this on yer fueller...........


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2675
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
03 wrote:
barney wrote:
03 wrote:
delw wrote:
03 wrote:
Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).
[/b]
No worries, same question will be going on the other place but this is still my first go to place in respect of things Buell related.
I suspect that I may need to take the lead on proposing locations and dates but at least I've given peeps the option of making a suggestion.

All the best, really. You got three answers so far. Not too bad I suppose, when the number of posters perhaps just about makes double figures on a good day.

if you care to look on the forum front page the "who's on line " you will see that the" Most users ever online was 176 on 15 Aug 2019, 16:25" only a couple of weeks ago

Thank you - Read my reply, I underlined and bolded the important bit.

I belive I have underlined and bolded the important bit as I see it

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 8293
Location: Manchester
Quote:
if you care to look on the forum front page the "who's on line " you will see that the" Most users ever online was 176 on 15 Aug 2019, 16:25" only a couple of weeks ago


.....and 95% of those were bots :?

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:55 pm
Posts: 4677
Current ride: S1W X1 NK650 K100 +
Location: Perth WA, occasionally Quorn, UK
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I think that if we as a forum did a lot more positive contributing like Delw in suggesting ride outs etc. This forum may well become a lot more popular than it actually seems at the moment.


It's a sign of the times, partly because Buells are no longer made, but more to do with the rise and rise of Facebook. In the early 2000's I'd log on here first thing in the morning and it would take me until lunchtime to catch up on the previous 12 hours (I was always in a different time zone). This place will only get more popular again if/ when folks get disillusioned with facebook. Personally I much prefer this place, you can always find stuff again, as can other people, who are always keen to point out that the hilarious joke you just posted in the joke thread had already been posted 5 years ago, by yourself :)

_________________
Travelling through time at the speed of light


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1128
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Bonzo wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I think that if we as a forum did a lot more positive contributing like Delw in suggesting ride outs etc. This forum may well become a lot more popular than it actually seems at the moment.


It's a sign of the times, partly because Buells are no longer made, but more to do with the rise and rise of Facebook. In the early 2000's I'd log on here first thing in the morning and it would take me until lunchtime to catch up on the previous 12 hours (I was always in a different time zone). This place will only get more popular again if/ when folks get disillusioned with facebook. Personally I much prefer this place, you can always find stuff again, as can other people, who are always keen to point out that the hilarious joke you just posted in the joke thread had already been posted 5 years ago, by yourself :)


Facebook although popular, isn't private.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:55 pm
Posts: 4677
Current ride: S1W X1 NK650 K100 +
Location: Perth WA, occasionally Quorn, UK
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Facebook although popular, isn't private.


Neither is this place, apart from the Social section, which we're not in :)

_________________
Travelling through time at the speed of light


Top
   
 
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited