Last visit was: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:09 pm It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1128
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Bonzo wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Facebook although popular, isn't private.


Neither is this place, apart from the Social section, which we're not in :)


That's why if it's a private matter for UKBEG members only, I use the social page. All the bike stuff goes in relevant sections, personal stuff social. No such privilege on Facebook.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:20 pm
Posts: 1048
Current ride: 2001 X1//TRK 502x
Location: surrey
Never used Faceache or do I care to. UKBEG is just fine and dandy for me.... Can't be doing with all the other rubbish.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 953
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
IBIS wrote:
Never used Faceache or do I care to. UKBEG is just fine and dandy for me.... Can't be doing with all the other rubbish.



Wassapp is very good IBIS. Maz loves it ;)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:03 pm 
Online
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 8293
Location: Manchester
:roll:

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 721
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Facebook although popular, isn't private.

Loathe as I am to say anything further on this (I am deeply disappointed at the "them and us sentiment") - That up there ^^^^^^ simply is not a universal truth. Exactly the same thing can be said about this (and most other) public facing forum websites :roll:

_________________
Try this on yer fueller...........


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 953
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
03 wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Facebook although popular, isn't private.

Loathe as I am to say anything further on this (I am deeply disappointed at the "them and us sentiment") - That up there ^^^^^^ simply is not a universal truth. Exactly the same thing can be said about this (and most other) public facing forum websites :roll:


Sorry Jazzy, 03 is correct. My own FB is reasonably private, but I have done the FB security tutorial. Mine could be less private, as many are... or more private by blocking tagging, blocking access to albums for friends etc etc. But I am happy the way it is while I'm not a crime-lord or International man of mystery.

I have several hobbies/interests (possibly too many) FB has been huge for my acquisition of knowledge. I don't have much time for library visits, even less time for courses (wasted youth, shitty job) so I'll stick with FB while it suits needs. I like it here for Buell stuff better though :D ......

Good post for rides and meet ups Del, thanks! I will be watching closely and if time/weather permits I'll be 'In Like Flynn' :yup:

I must add that my old Ma was scared of FB for many years. She kept saying that she did not want people knowing what she was doing. I explained the facts, painstakingly... She signed up, with help, and now loves being able to see and chat to her sibling, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews etc in 3 countries and a dozen cities she cannot easily visit anymore at 80. I've even signed her up on a few garden pages which are great because the tinternet is a bit boggling, FB is easier for her.

Rant over :roll:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2675
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
Back on topic
Delw ,hows about Barton bike night made the 10 oclock news last night for all the right reasons https://www.bartonbikenight.com/

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Posts: 1128
Current ride: Buell 1125R
Kiwi wrote:
03 wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Facebook although popular, isn't private.

Loathe as I am to say anything further on this (I am deeply disappointed at the "them and us sentiment") - That up there ^^^^^^ simply is not a universal truth. Exactly the same thing can be said about this (and most other) public facing forum websites :roll:


Sorry Jazzy, 03 is correct. My own FB is reasonably private, but I have done the FB security tutorial. Mine could be less private, as many are... or more private by blocking tagging, blocking access to albums for friends etc etc. But I am happy the way it is while I'm not a crime-lord or International man of mystery.

I have several hobbies/interests (possibly too many) FB has been huge for my acquisition of knowledge. I don't have much time for library visits, even less time for courses (wasted youth, shitty job) so I'll stick with FB while it suits needs. I like it here for Buell stuff better though :D ......

Good post for rides and meet ups Del, thanks! I will be watching closely and if time/weather permits I'll be 'In Like Flynn' :yup:

I must add that my old Ma was scared of FB for many years. She kept saying that she did not want people knowing what she was doing. I explained the facts, painstakingly... She signed up, with help, and now loves being able to see and chat to her sibling, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews etc in 3 countries and a dozen cities she cannot easily visit anymore at 80. I've even signed her up on a few garden pages which are great because the tinternet is a bit boggling, FB is easier for her.

Rant over :roll:


I'm pretty sure I didn't slag Facebook off, my wife is on it all the time, I'm just a bit more selective about where I want to post stuff. You wouldn't think it but I am quite a private person & UKBEG, youtube. Ted Talks & some other scientific sites, suit me fine.
That reminds me I should donate to Forum funds while I have a bit of spare cash.
As far as rides go in your end of the woods Delw you can count me in, it's an easy run up to your's from mine. I like the North Yorks Moors myself.

_________________
Ride Safe & Stay between the hedgerows.


Top
   
 
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited