It is currently 28 Mar 2024 21:50

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 07 May 2009 16:38 

Hi. I have a lightning, 06 plate and am going on a good long trip this summer round Scotland. Does anyone know of a good after-market screen which can replace the small factory fitted one and give a bit more air deflection. I don't want a huge big plastic windscreen, just something which can help bounce the midges away from my helmet. Cheers.

PostPosted: 07 May 2009 17:10 
Zero Gravity

PostPosted: 07 May 2009 17:34 

Thanks Spook. £69.95 for a Sports Touring screen. Has anyone fitted and tried one of these out? Gives your an extra 4.5" in height, that must help........... When doing 70mph into an head wind, wouldn't want to break the speed limit.

PostPosted: 07 May 2009 17:40 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
i have one on my lightning and it does help even though its quite narrow. still not much fun above 80 ish (on private roads :D ), but it reduces helmet buffeting so keeps neck strain down.

PostPosted: 07 May 2009 17:54 

I have one on an XB9 , I would say allows a slightly better cruise speed, so 80 seems
fine and 90 not too bad. Now without going back to the original again (lets face it you buy it and fit it ) I think it makes "a" difference is it worth it ? Well maybe
and some of my fellow bike (non Bullers) friends say it looks better!

it's certainly a quality item and hopefully (not fully tested yet) has allowed me to
mount a Tomtom (car version) using the standard windscreen mount to place the sat nav over the idiot lights so to speak .