Last visit was: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 pm It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 944
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
[quote="KiLLiNG-TiME07... What does your VIN say?
First registered 10/05/2007 vin just a load of numbers to me :roll:


Shouldn't there be a mfg date on the plate?

Anyway, good luck with the COC. Let us know how you go, I'll do same.[/quote]

Sorry of course its GX07
Sorry hard day just in.... :oooops: indeed good luck[/quote]

Sorry KT, I meant VIN plate on the frame not the Licence plate for Speed Cams ;)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 944
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
There's a reason my post count is so low :mrgreen: am not very good on forums, lets say my writing skills are below par.



You're fine mate, I am shit, I ramble.

Thanks for posting, I am going to look into this...when I get a chance.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 37
Current ride: XB9SX
Location: London
Kiwi wrote:
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
There's a reason my post count is so low :mrgreen: am not very good on forums, lets say my writing skills are below par.



You're fine mate, I am shit, I ramble.

Thanks for posting, I am going to look into this...when I get a chance.
No worries but thanks

Did a quick search on the VIN

Records found:1
Company:Buell Motorcycle Company
Country/Region:United States
Man. Year:2007


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 944
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
There's a reason my post count is so low :mrgreen: am not very good on forums, lets say my writing skills are below par.



You're fine mate, I am shit, I ramble.

Thanks for posting, I am going to look into this...when I get a chance.
No worries but thanks

Did a quick search on the VIN

Records found:1
Company:Buell Motorcycle Company
Country/Region:United States
Man. Year:2007




That's Euro 3 then isn't it...You should be fine, like all other 07s. Those bustids are trying to cheat you!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 37
Current ride: XB9SX
Location: London
Kiwi wrote:
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
There's a reason my post count is so low :mrgreen: am not very good on forums, lets say my writing skills are below par.



You're fine mate, I am shit, I ramble.

Thanks for posting, I am going to look into this...when I get a chance.
No worries but thanks

Did a quick search on the VIN

Records found:1
Company:Buell Motorcycle Company
Country/Region:United States
Man. Year:2007




That's Euro 3 then isn't it...You should be fine, like all other 07s. Those bustids are trying to cheat you!
That's just what i think too the ****** am sure its Euro3 its just going to cost to prove it.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 944
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
That's just what i think too the ****** am sure its Euro3 its just going to cost to prove it.



It'll be well worth it KT :)


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 37
Current ride: XB9SX
Location: London
Kiwi wrote:
KiLLiNG-TiME wrote:
That's just what i think too the ****** am sure its Euro3 its just going to cost to prove it.



It'll be well worth it KT :)
I know i know its just all rather frustrating as like everybody (in London) we knew it was coming i even did my homework (so i thought) before i brought the bike as knew it was 2007 its just the month they have chosen, there's going to be a few confused 07 motorcycle owners in London am sure. Will keep you posted.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 37
Current ride: XB9SX
Location: London
Btw here's a list of whats required to try & get the COC

(use the email link here http://www.candfhog.com/warrs_dvla.html )

Full name & address
Telephone number and e-mail
Clear picture of right hand side of motorcycle
Clear picture of the motorcycle VIN number stamped into the headstock of the frame
Clear picture of the motorcycle engine number
Scanned copy of the Registration Document and or Purchase Receipt. (This must be in the name of the applicant)
Mileage (stating miles or kilometres)
Is the applicant the original owner?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am
Posts: 31
Current ride: XB12X
Location: South of the River
I phoned Honda UK for my 2002 125cc scooter and after completing a form and enclosing proof of ownership I received the CoC within 5 days free of charge. I wish every manufacturer was as good as that.

The limit is 0.15 NOx g/km and the CoC showed 0.058 NOx so well under the limit although that figure is not shown on the V5.

@Killingtime, before spending £180 on the cert from the HOG link it might be worth checking it will state the NOx value and that it's below the limit - a Cert of Age in itself won't help with the TfL exemption request.

Good luck


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 1776
Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR,XB12X
Location: North Bucks
If you have your owner's manuals there is a section which explains the composition of your VIN No. It's basically 17 digits and yours, Kiwi, should read something like this :-

5MZDX03E063711111

That one is for an 06 UK spec XB12X. The model year is the 10th digit - 6 for 2006, if it was a 2007 it would be a 7.

What you have been looking at is the VIN plate on the bike which gives month of manufacture which, for an 06 model, could be any time from June 2005 onwards lOl

I think a certificate of conformity will give you the information you require although best to check. A COC should only be required for registering a vehicle, the fact that it is registered should mean that emission levels etc should all be correct for the model year. H-D used to supply COCs free of charge but started to charge when loads of bikes were being exported to mainland Europe and this document was required for registering them.

Hope that helps.

Steve

_________________
Back on the road again!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 944
Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Location: South
ursus americanus wrote:

What you have been looking at is the VIN plate on the bike which gives month of manufacture which, for an 06 model, could be any time from June 2005 onwards




Thanks Steve

ursus americanus wrote:

A COC should only be required for registering a vehicle



Yes that would be good, but now it seems we need one to fight the taxman :?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 37
Current ride: XB9SX
Location: London
Thank you folks ursus americanus & GX07 for the great advice.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 4511
Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Location: NNW of Sarfampton
To reinforce what Steve said, you or others might find this useful..
https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artikele ... =7&aid=191

_________________
I'm a Hornithologist, I get excited by exotic birds.........


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 37
Current ride: XB9SX
Location: London
deepsix wrote:
To reinforce what Steve said, you or others might find this useful..
https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artikele ... =7&aid=191
Thank you confirms my bike is an 07 now i just hope the NOx g/km emissions are on the COC.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 7297
Current ride: Muffin 2001 X1
Just checked some of our vehicles
The X1 comes up as a white Na Na lOl lOl lOl and is subject to the daily charge.
The Uly comes up as a Uly and is OK to use.
My Van is subject to the daily charge .
Ronnies citroen C1 is Ok to use.
Can't remember the 1125 reg number but guess it is ok as well to use.

_________________
2001 X1 2009 1125CR 2006 Uly X2 and a fully Maz'd S1


Top
   
 
 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited