It is currently 19 Apr 2024 23:31

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019 10:10 

Current ride: 2001 X1//TRK 502x
Just had a nice ride out to a local biker haunt. I didn't take the X1 as I'm not up to riding it yet as I am getting over illness. The bike I rode was my Benelli TRK 502x. For those than are not familiar this is adventure bike ( to my mind more in styling than substance) the bike is made in China 😳 The design and development however is led by Benelli who are still based in Italy. The company is owned bu QJ a very big player in motorcycle manufacture. They also own Volvo. I purchased the bike in October with the help of our own Steve Loxton. I became drawn to the bike having read a very favourable review in ABR magazine. My initial thoughts were I bet it's typically Chinese, the finish will be Dubois & dealer back up will be nonexistent Having actually seem the bike in the flesh I was really impressed. I was after a bike to tour on that was very comfy, could cruise at legal motorway speeds looked good of course and didn't cost the earth. Now being only 500cc 200 odd kilos & physically big I new it wasn't going to set the world alight. It's A2 compliant so it's only 48 bhp. However in the real world it's exactly what I wanted, comfy, cruising speed of 75-85 all day long sounds lovely ( 360 degree crank like the classic Triumphs). ..... & extremely good value less than £ 5 and a half grand on the road..... Any way to my point I endured this asshole who I have never met who was riding a shed of a 650 V-Strom slagging my bike off within earshot of me, not sure if he new I owned it. Having intervened to defend my purchase he became personally abusive. Gradually his audience disapated and their was just him & I. I'm glad to say that he crumbled like a sack of S... After a desimation of his biking knowledge, shame the other W...ers weren't around to hear it. I'm now angry for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019 10:22 

Current ride: ULYSSES XB12X
the bike is made in China 😳

What ain't these days, including a lot of Harley parts take no notice you enjoy your NEW bike

Churchill

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019 10:39 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
IBIS wrote:
Just had a nice ride out to a local biker haunt. I didn't take the X1 as I'm not up to riding it yet as I am getting over illness. The bike I rode was my Benelli TRK 502x. For those than are not familiar this is adventure bike ( to my mind more in styling than substance) the bike is made in China 😳 The design and development however is led by Benelli who are still based in Italy. The company is owned bu QJ a very big player in motorcycle manufacture. They also own Volvo. I purchased the bike in October with the help of our own Steve Loxton. I became drawn to the bike having read a very favourable review in ABR magazine. My initial thoughts were I bet it's typically Chinese, the finish will be Dubois & dealer back up will be nonexistent Having actually seem the bike in the flesh I was really impressed. I was after a bike to tour on that was very comfy, could cruise at legal motorway speeds looked good of course and didn't cost the earth. Now being only 500cc 200 odd kilos & physically big I new it wasn't going to set the world alight. It's A2 compliant so it's only 48 bhp. However in the real world it's exactly what I wanted, comfy, cruising speed of 75-85 all day long sounds lovely ( 360 degree crank like the classic Triumphs). ..... & extremely good value less than £ 5 and a half grand on the road..... Any way to my point I endured this asshole who I have never met who was riding a shed of a 650 V-Strom slagging my bike off within earshot of me, not sure if he new I owned it. Having intervened to defend my purchase he became personally abusive. Gradually his audience disapated and their was just him & I. I'm glad to say that he crumbled like a sack of S... After a desimation of his biking knowledge, shame the other W...ers weren't around to hear it. I'm now angry for the rest of the day.

I celebrated this before and always willing to do it again, China made it to the moon.
They did this to become leaders in various sections of engineering. Apple being the first victim of their emerging brilliance & this is just their infancy.
Anyone who doesn't take them seriously, is a total idiot.
Just my opinion of course, no offence meant to anyone.
Enjoy your bike and let the ignorant say what they like, they are the fools.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019 12:20 

Current ride: The wife
IBIS wrote:
I endured this asshole who I have never met who was riding a shed of a 650 V-Strom slagging my bike off within earshot of me, not sure if he new I owned it. Having intervened to defend my purchase he became personally abusive.

Obviously as common as the bike he was riding!
Fuck em...as long as you had a nice ride out, that's all that matters ;)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019 18:31 

Thanks Chaps, had time to calm down now, must say that I am truly delighted by my purchase, it's easily on par with the competition eg CB500x , Versys, V-storm. & in some ways excels, to my mind even bettering the Jap stuff. The engine & gearbox is such a peach. I always I'm happy with something if I would recommend to a friend, and I would all day long. Hope it's a long time before I come across another idiot like that.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019 21:28 

Current ride: Ducati Monster 950+
There’s plenty of wankers about. Each to their own I’ve always said - other people’s opinion of me and what I ride is none of my business. And I also don’t really give a toss what most others think :D

Brilliant that you’re enjoying something that isn’t crazy expensive :yup:

In the garage -

2001 X1
KTM390 Duke
Ducati 950 Monster +
CCM Spitfire Scrambler

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019 22:58 

Current ride: The wife
IBIS wrote:
The engine & gearbox is such a peach.

I do hope that you mean it's something good....and that comment isn't a result of the sites (nanny) auto-correct ;)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019 23:21 
Nanny Brown

Hey Ibis, you are one of bikings true gentlemen. If this guy pissed you off then he was truly a wanker and didn't know who he was dealing with. I look forward to meeting up with you very soon. Take care, my friend. Xx

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019 10:16 

Ah, thanks Jill, don't know about " Gentleman" I'm sure to some I'm abnoxious as any one else. Now I'm back in the saddle, roll on The Southern Softies meet. It would be a tonic to see all you guys n gals again. Bearing in mind what I've endured this last nine months, life is pretty dam sweet at the moment.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019 21:32 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Positive mental attitude , onwards and upwards :yup: