It is currently 29 Mar 2024 14:50

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1125r Velocity stacks?
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2019 22:46 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Hi Folks.
Long shot I'm sure but I don't suppose anyone has a set of 1125r Velocity stacks they're not using & that they wouldn't mind selling?
Thanks Folks.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019 20:01 
Site Admin

Do you mean throttle bodies ?

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019 22:11 

Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Might be able to sort you out there Jazz. I have procured a load of 1125 spares.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019 22:16 

Maz wrote:
Do you mean throttle bodies ?

No. I mean Velocity stacks to fit on the mouths of the throttle bodies. Preferably short ones but any will do. Thanks.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019 22:33 

Kiwi wrote:
Might be able to sort you out there Jazz. I have procured a load of 1125 spares.

Jesus Kiwi,That would be great if you can help out. :worthy: I'm really surprised anyone has any.
PM me with the price if you have some & I'll get the money to you as I have some spare cash at the moment (birthday). :yup:
Would also be interested in other stuff also if your selling as it looks like I'm in for the long haul with this 1125r.
I'm just absolutely knocked out with what you can do with them.
All the best Paul.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019 23:15 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
Kiwi wrote:

Jesus Kiwi,That would be great if you can help out. :worthy: I'm really surprised anyone has any.
PM me with the price if you have some & I'll get the money to you as I have some spare cash at the moment (birthday). :yup:
Would also be interested in other stuff also if your selling as it looks like I'm in for the long haul with this 1125r.
All the best Paul.

I managed to acquire an engine and all the bits bolted to it which I should keep for future. But before I got the engine I bought the latest dellorto full set (P0803.1AMA) from the Buell factory cleanout. The old set you can have for I dunno, say half the cost of a new set??

Not sure I'd want to break it up though Jazz as it would be useless as a half set I'd guess.

If you have a friend in Oz you could always buy this and get it snail posted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buell-1125-C ... Sw9KpXAE8F

What do you want them for anyways? Are yours warped?

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019 23:24 

Kiwi wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Kiwi wrote:

All the best Paul.

I managed to acquire an engine and all the bits bolted to it which I should keep for future. But before I got the engine I bought the latest dellorto full set (P0803.1AMA) from the Buell factory cleanout. The old set you can have for I dunno, say half the cost of a new set??

Not sure I'd want to break it up though Jazz as it would be useless as a half set I'd guess.

If you have a friend in Oz you could always buy this and get it snail posted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buell-1125-C ... Sw9KpXAE8F

Hi Kiwi,

Sorry friend are you talking about throttle bodies?
I'm after a set of velocity stacks, not the actual bodies. mine are fine.
I'm talking about these.

Attachments:
Velo stacks.jpg
Velo stacks.jpg [ 153.78 KiB | Viewed 1926 times ]

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019 23:43 

oooo ahhhh never heard of these for the dellortos. What difference would they make Jazz?? Apart from looking pretty cool when the airbox is removed.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2019 00:07 

Kiwi wrote:
oooo ahhhh never heard of these for the dellortos. What difference would they make Jazz?? Apart from looking pretty cool when the airbox is removed.

They will bring my rev bands down on mine to 4,000 - 6,000 instead of 5,000 - 7,000 like they are at the moment and also sharpen the throttle up quite a bit. May even help with low down running but that's with the set up I have at present. Not sure what they would do with the standard set up.
Unfortunately they're like rocking horse crap. I could also do something vaguely similar by swapping to the CR sprockets but that will be even more expensive as it will mean a new belt also.
I'd rather go the Velo stack way as I'm working on that methodology already.
Thanks for your attention though & offer of the throttle bodies, may still be interested just to make some stacks of my own, That would be a lot easier with a spare set of bodies to keep trying them on rather than keeping having to get my own on & off all the time.
I'll get back to you on that if you're ok with that?

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2019 00:15 

Cool Jazz. Let us know how it all goes

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2019 06:29 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... h&_sacat=0

contact Thai sell with your requirements/ measurements :idea:

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2019 13:24 

barney wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=buell+bell+mouth&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=carbureter+bell+mouth&_sacat=0

Thanks Barney,

Great idea with the Thia - Chinese sellers, (Alibaba) hadn't thought of that. Could do with a correct one as a pattern though, although could make the actual base plate myself (probably) & just get some 61mm tubing to spin out. Accuracy may present a bit of a problem though heh heh.
Thanks for the idea (food for thought).
I have found some but the price is extraordinarily extortionate & then import tax & shipping from the USA even further puts them out of reach. I'd rather chip some out of a piece of billet with a teaspoon than just be plain ripped off.
Thanks again Paul.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2019 13:27 

Jazzbutcher wrote:
barney wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=buell+bell+mouth&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=carbureter+bell+mouth&_sacat=0

Thanks Barney,

Great idea with the Thia - Chinese sellers, (Alibaba) hadn't thought of that. Could do with a correct one as a pattern though, although could make the actual base plate myself (probably) & just get some 61mm tubing to spin out. Accuracy may present a bit of a problem though heh heh.
Thanks for the idea (food for thought).
I have found some but the price is extraordinarily extortionate & then import tax & shipping from the USA even further puts them out of reach. I'd rather chip some out of a piece of billet with a teaspoon than just be plain ripped off.
Thanks again Paul.

I also have a friend with a 3d printer that could probably make me some but CAD is not my strong point & it would probably take months to get them spot on. Still it may be another route.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2019 17:02 

Current ride: The wife
As you are undoubtedly conversant with a lathe....why not spin some out yourself?....in stainless ;) lOl

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2019 18:10 

Finmows wrote:
As you are undoubtedly conversant with a lathe....why not spin some out yourself?....in stainless ;) lOl

Yeah, skill is the problem with that option I'm afraid Finmows. Good Idea though. :yup: