It is currently 18 Apr 2024 13:45

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019 13:21 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Well so much for leaving the 1125r alone & just enjoying it.
The original slave cylinder has been leaking since I got the bike & although everything still works ok it's blowing onto the exhaust exit pipe & I guess everywhere else. I've only had to fill the clutch master once since having it, which in terms of time is a year.
Anyone fitted an Oberon item on one of these? There seems to be a controversy across sites as to whether they fit the original 1125r's. I don't mind fabricating another casing puck if that's the only problem, it seems that the Oberon item fits flush with the casing or something?
Anyone done the mod & got any advice regarding this?
Thanks folks.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019 15:01 

Oberon sent me the prototype to try and break and my 1125 is probably the first privately owned one in the UK. It's still going strong. My clutch was like yours for a good while, until it completely failed and I had an 80 mile clutchless ride home.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019 16:07 

Adam wrote:
Oberon sent me the prototype to try and break and my 1125 is probably the first privately owned one in the UK. It's still going strong. My clutch was like yours for a good while, until it completely failed and I had an 80 mile clutchless ride home.

Thanks Adam,

Yeah, that's a great recommendation. Oberon it is then.
My standard one's leaking a bit more after a year, used to be just a run down the casing, now it's pooling in the casing recess and blowing about. Maz reckons it also gets into your engine oil which makes sense so £124 well spent I'm thinking.
I really don't fancy clutchless riding for any distance never mind 80 bloody miles, that must've been a joy heh heh.
Thanks for your attention & the recommendation. Paul.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019 18:10 

Before Oberon sent me their slave cyl to destroy (cheers Ray 8-) ), I'd converted my clutch to cable operation. It pulled out via a lever, like on a T150/60. It was fekin heavy, it made a Jota clutch feel like it was for the limp wristed lOl

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019 20:01 

Current ride: 1125r, Ducati Darmah
Hi Jazzbutcher,I have an 08 1125r, which the previous owner had an Oberon slave cylinder fitted to at a dealer in June 2015, he`d managed all of 1203 miles by then ( !! ) they are well worth the money and certainly improve the feel of the clutch,cost him £329.00p ! It seems to have the original puck in there.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019 20:11 

al1125r wrote:
Hi Jazzbutcher,I have an 08 1125r, which the previous owner had an Oberon slave cylinder fitted to at a dealer in June 2015, he`d managed all of 1203 miles by then ( !! ) they are well worth the money and certainly improve the feel of the clutch,cost him £329.00p ! It seems to have the original puck in there.

Thanks al1125r,
I guess that £329 was having it fitted as well.
I'll order one ASAP. Mine doesn't feel too heavy or anything, it just leaks more now than it did when I first got it.
Thanks for the info on the original puck, didn't want to order the actuator & then find I had to make another puck as well.
Thanks for your attention & the info. :yup:

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019 20:18 

Adam wrote:
Before Oberon sent me their slave cyl to destroy (cheers Ray 8-) ), I'd converted my clutch to cable operation. It pulled out via a lever, like on a T150/60. It was fekin heavy, it made a Jota clutch feel like it was for the limp wristed lOl

I didn't think my 75 T160 clutch was that bad unlike my 72 Commando, Christ, that was heavy, I had a left arm like Popeye with that diaphragm.