Last visit was: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:08 pm It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:37 am
Posts: 7
Hi,
After 11 years I´m now seeking my old Uly. I sold it to a guy on here called Lars, back in 2009. In 2013 I got in touch with him about buying it back off him, unfortunately he was asking more money than I could afford at the time. He obviously sold it back then and it appears that he has not been on this forum since 2014. I am hoping that someone on here might have bought it off him, or know who he sold it to.

I know it´s a long shot and that some of you will think I´m mad for trying to find the bike with a view to buying it back, but I really loved that bike and regret selling it.

Thanks

Andy


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 3112
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
have a look on ebay and auto trader , from time to time you do get some nice ones turning up , also check out the facebook version of this site https://www.facebook.com/groups/136908546331247/
people on there post bikes for sale at times before going on to ebay :yup:

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:15 am
Posts: 35
Current ride: Ulysses XB12X
put the reg number into the gov site for MOT check - that will tell where last MOT done and perhaps start a trail


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2916
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
leadenwinter wrote:
put the reg number into the gov site for MOT check - that will tell where last MOT done and perhaps start a trail

That facility is no longer available without the relevant V5C Document Number (11 digit number on the front page that changes with an owner change)

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am
Posts: 41
Current ride: XB12X
Location: South of the River
rik wrote:
leadenwinter wrote:
put the reg number into the gov site for MOT check - that will tell where last MOT done and perhaps start a trail

That facility is no longer available without the relevant V5C Document Number (11 digit number on the front page that changes with an owner change)

You only need that if you want to get the tax rate - this gives basic info about MOT/Tax status. https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:42 pm
Posts: 2916
Current ride: M2 Razorback
Location: Mouth of the Port in the Shire of Hamp
GX07 wrote:
rik wrote:
leadenwinter wrote:
put the reg number into the gov site for MOT check - that will tell where last MOT done and perhaps start a trail

That facility is no longer available without the relevant V5C Document Number (11 digit number on the front page that changes with an owner change)

You only need that if you want to get the tax rate - this gives basic info about MOT/Tax status.https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk


???
The thread is about tracking down an owner, see above suggestion by 'leadenwinter' about determining where it was last MoTed, not its MoT status or history.

_________________
'98 M2 Razorback, it's a keeper.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:37 am
Posts: 7
Thanks for the tips, unfortunately I cannot remember the Reg.no. I'll have to see if I can find some old photo's of the bike in the hope that I can make out the reg.no.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 7:37 am
Posts: 7
i managed to find the reg.no, unfortunately it looks like the bike was just sold in July this year, so I doubt the new owner will be looking to sell it just yet lOl . Also, It wouldn't tell me where it was last tested without the 11 didgit number on the V5, oh well, it was worth a shot.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 2050
Current ride: A black one
Location: Wales. The land of dragons, welshcakes and full reservoirs.
I did a similar thing. Many years ago I had a CBR 1000f in the best colour way red/white and blue. Turns out someone had painted it black :roll: Sometimes it's better to move on.

_________________
Dusty 001


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:44 pm 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14728
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
https://www.facebook.com/lars.graefe

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited