It is currently 16 Apr 2024 19:19

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Crikey...
PostPosted: 10 May 2009 22:10 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
....thats a lot of money for a seat cowl...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0311932177

or is it?

Post subject: Re: Crikey...
PostPosted: 10 May 2009 22:46 
They've also got a matching flyscreen

I suppose that they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay - the tail has had 31 bids, the flyscreen 12, and neither have reached their reserves !

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 23:07 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
You will pay over £700 on Trojans site :shock:

http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/prods/327.html

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 08:00 

His reserve price is £350 as i emailed him

Would love it but loads of dosh :cry:

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 08:43 

Current ride: Yr Mrs
bueller ball breaker wrote:
His reserve price is £350 as i emailed him

That's just insane. I know it is worth whatever anyone will pay for it, but that's like saying that kids getting run over on roads is 'just' natural selection.

Carbon fibre is just a fashion thing, never more so on a Tuber, and I thought that fashion for pointless CF passed a wee while ago. If everything else has been done to an S1 and there's nothing worth while doing to improve it, then I suppose bolting on some expensive CF tat might make sense to some, but I doubt there is an S1 out there that is perfection-in-need-of-a-polish.

Seems crazy to me - but maybe I am just being a monday morning grump. Bah humbug.

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 08:50 

Current ride: Lots
Ducati want £2700 for CF seat unit on a 1098R....makes Buell seem positively reasonable......however, the Ducati part is at least painted....

Got yer rearsets on yet Doug?

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 15:04 
That's cheap that is. I might get that and spray it black, fit it to the Uly :lol:

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 00:10 

Saw that when the bidding was £60. Very nice but you gotta have the screen and a muddy to go with it or it'll look silly.

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 13:40 

Current ride: Yr Mrs
OF wrote:
Ducati want £2700 for CF seat unit on a 1098R....makes Buell seem positively reasonable......however, the Ducati part is at least painted....

Yeah - and that's a nuts price too, but I suspect you get something slightly more than a straight replacment - but who knows. Maybe it is targeted at real racers who might know the difference - or at ripping money out of the wallets of the bar-stool racers with too much cash hanging around. Either way, fair play! I see that the Buell CF did reached £330, but not the reserve. Seems a hell of a lot to me when equally brand new tail section but in unflash plastic never hit £100. I suppose the price of 'flash' is cash. Each to his own, as long as it not mine!

OF wrote:

Never quite managed it. Got as far as having them on, but needed so sort some odds and sods (get a new linkage rod made, etc.) and as I spent indolent weeks playing with them (std pegs needed hours to get off - been welded into place with a small thermo-nuclear device, or something...) it became time to ride the bike again, not play with it. So took the whole lot off, and they have remained in the 'project' box ever since. Shame really, but I had enough time with them not riding it to realise you were right - they'd cripple me! Still, the project will be resurected sometime, as I would like to see what it is like to ride like a monkey at some point - could be kinda interesting if I make it out of the garage without my knees snapping! Age and contortion are not the best of friends, so we'll see.

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 14:07 

Current ride: Lots
s1nner wrote:
OF wrote:

Yeah - and that's a nuts price too, but I suspect you get something slightly more than a straight replacment - but who knows. Maybe it is targeted at real racers who might know the difference - or at ripping money out of the wallets of the bar-stool racers with too much cash hanging around. Either way, fair play! I see that the Buell CF did reached £330, but not the reserve. Seems a hell of a lot to me when equally brand new tail section but in unflash plastic never hit £100. I suppose the price of 'flash' is cash. Each to his own, as long as it not mine!

OF wrote:

Never quite managed it. Got as far as having them on, but needed so sort some odds and sods (get a new linkage rod made, etc.) and as I spent indolent weeks playing with them (std pegs needed hours to get off - been welded into place with a small thermo-nuclear device, or something...) it became time to ride the bike again, not play with it. So took the whole lot off, and they have remained in the 'project' box ever since. Shame really, but I had enough time with them not riding it to realise you were right - they'd cripple me! Still, the project will be resurected sometime, as I would like to see what it is like to ride like a monkey at some point - could be kinda interesting if I make it out of the garage without my knees snapping! Age and contortion are not the best of friends, so we'll see.

I look forward to seeing the pics!