It is currently 28 Apr 2024 02:21

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: 27 May 2009 09:23 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
:yt:

PostPosted: 29 May 2009 10:28 

Hi Wimpster, I have just done the bar conversion to my poxy R because of old age not the need for another bike so I thought I might be able to help you with your question.
I used the LSL bars and risers and found that as well as replacing the brake line it was best to replace the clutch and throttle cables with Lightning parts also I used Lightning footpegs. The mirrors fouled the fairing so this needed shims to pack it out also you may have a problem with the bars touching on full lock.Hope this helps have posted photos to show you the result.

PostPosted: 29 May 2009 13:17 
Like the signature yamR1man :D

PostPosted: 29 May 2009 21:28 
Maz wrote:
factory built street fighters

But surely the whole streetfighters thing grew out of people with sportsbikes getting rid of clip-ons, stripping off fairings, sticking on some ugly lights and so on? Mostly after they've binned them.

Most streetfighter owners think the whole idea of a "factory" streetfighter is a joke.

Sounds like sticking high bars on a Firebolt is truer to streetfighter roots than farting about with tubers...

PostPosted: 29 May 2009 22:37 

Thanks Spook GB sorted that for me last year he be a good old Norfolk boy.

PostPosted: 30 May 2009 06:28 
greasemonkey wrote:
actually Raider, "streetfighters" came from wanting "chops" to handle,,,,was there at their innovation with a GS thou

Not what Wiki thinks...

PostPosted: 30 May 2009 20:08 

Thanks mate, thats exactly what I'm looking for, and me too due to old age and too many aches and pains!!
Thanks for the pics, and also all the comments on the forum.
Some of the members seem to be missing the point a bit.
Bikes are bikes, all bikes are good, especially in the eye of the beholder. We all love and hate different bikes, life wouldn't be worth living if we were all conditioned into one way of thinking- bikes would all evolve into something akin to ford mondeos or vectras or some other mass produced blandness.
The idea of running and modifying a Buell, or indeed any of the other bikes I've had over the past 35 years, still makes me tingle with excitement, regardless of what model it is guys.
Its about biking, riding, improving , engineering lads and lasses, not this years model.
Rant over, now lets scour ebay for the bits.........
Wimpster

yamr1man wrote:
Hi Wimpster, I have just done the bar conversion to my poxy R because of old age not the need for another bike so I thought I might be able to help you with your question.
I used the LSL bars and risers and found that as well as replacing the brake line it was best to replace the clutch and throttle cables with Lightning parts also I used Lightning footpegs. The mirrors fouled the fairing so this needed shims to pack it out also you may have a problem with the bars touching on full lock.Hope this helps have posted photos to show you the result.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 00:55 

Spook wrote:
Maz wrote:
.....just cant understand why someone buys a particular model and then trys to morf it into another model that they, maybe, should've considered in the 1st place................

Is this the bit where we discuss Joesbuell? :evil: :evil:

You must have a boring little life there Spook? I get such a kick out of you and Maz :rofl:

I recieved a letter from Erik Buell after I sent him a magazine with my bike featured in it, and he loves what I did to my bike, so all you and your comments do is get my bike noticed more!

Keep up the good work :yup:

Would you like me to email you the Rapid Bikes article on my lovely bike? ;)

Sorry for the Hijack!

I have an XB aswell and love it too!
And everyone keep modifing your Buell's :worthy:
The firebolt bar conversion looks trick :yup:

If Maz an Co. don't like anything other than S1's why not just start up a Buell S1 forum and then FUCK off! :rofl: :dummy: :rofl:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 14:16 
Nice to see you've calmed down a bit Jodie.
Send me your article, I have an open mind. Your bike's not my cup of tea, so what?
There are plenty of people who think I'm a twat for buying a Buell never mind 3 Buells.

The rest of the people just think I'm a twat :D

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 14:21 

joesbuell wrote:
If Maz an Co. don't like anything other than S1's why not just start up a Buell S1 forum

We did that 10 years ago. Welcome, I hope you like it here. 8-)

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 19:35 

Nice one Norm!

I considered changing the bars on my beta-test 2002 XB9R but though it would be so expensive to do it would be better value to change the whole bike instead.

I think the handlebar angle on the XB...R models is wrong for comfort as the bars are too flat. It would be much better is the bar ends were tilted down, as on a Fireblade.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:50 
Site Admin

Norm wrote:
joesbuell wrote:
If Maz an Co. don't like anything other than S1's why not just start up a Buell S1 forum

We did that 10 years ago. Welcome, I hope you like it here. 8-)

:hehe: :yup:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 23:47 
it is a person's pref on their buell bike of choice - but my bolt rules - riden the xb range and i do prefer the bolt though i have come from jap sport bikes and bandits- as long as its a buell its ok with me though xb's rule

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 09:29 

Big :) the bar conversion cured my pain in the neck.
Now I need to fix my sore arse :lol: anybody got any ideas what conversion to use to fix that problem.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 09:33 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
yamr1man wrote:
Now I need to fix my sore arse :lol: anybody got any ideas what conversion to use to fix that problem.

Step away from the dark side?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next