It is currently 19 Apr 2024 08:28

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 16:25 
OK, this is a follow-up post from another one which is now in the archives (I know I should log on here more often... :roll: ).

Basically I have tested my Reverso at 106dB(A) at 3000rpm and 110dB(A) at 4000rpm using professional equipment from work. No dB-killer obviously, dB meter placed 50cms and 45deg from the exhaust.

Last replies from the old post were from Trojan who said that without the killer it should be 102dB, and from Dirty John who said he would do the test as well.
So, Trojan, how is the 102dB value obtained? Did the guys at Free Spirits forget to put damping in my can? ;)
And John, have you had a chance to test your bike?

PostPosted: 28 May 2009 07:36 

Hi, tetsed my bike without db Killer just before I sold it, using the 11 metres per second piston speed quoted in the ACU guidelines and using the stated alignemnt and distance for the calibrated noise meter in free field conditions gave a consistent 103 to 104 db(A) avaraged over a 10 second test repeated 3 times

PostPosted: 28 May 2009 10:02 
Sir Cabbage

I think you find when you get to the holding area they'll ask you the CC's, ask you to erv it to 5Krpm then kick you off. No way they'll be that technical, had a large ding dong at Oulton park once about Db levels, they were quite happy to kick me off (a paying customer) for being too noisy but they fella's with the petrol strimmers who had stickers with a 110Db rating on them were most welcome to strim away all day long......................

PostPosted: 28 May 2009 12:06 
Cheers guys for the info. :)

I know these tests are never very technical... It depends much more on the mood of the tester than anything else, but I just want to know where I stand approximately...

So I measured 110dB compared to 104dB from John or 102dB it is supposed to output (4000rpm is about 11m/s). Mmmh... Need to retest and possibly check the packing in the can.