It is currently 18 Apr 2024 21:35

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Bugger
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009 21:20 
Got back from work today, thinking about going to the bike night round here, looked at the back tyre and, BOLLOCKS, a nice little 2 inch nail sticking out of it :x
Tyre is trashed...still at least I managed to get it down to the dealers and it was a nice slow one so didn't spit me off (oh and the dealer was fine...when can you fit me in?? ahh just bring it down tonight and we should be able to get you sorted by tomorrow - this was at half five and they shut at six).
so - on the downside - price of new tyre and fitting and having to scrub a new rear in :cry:
on the upside - having to do loads of miles over the weekend to scrub the back tyre in :D

Post subject: Re: Bugger
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009 21:56 
I had the same the other day but was lucky as it had sort of gone in across the tread and not made a puncture. Scared the cr*p out of me though.

The last time it happend the hole was so huge it would not stay up so I was forced to take it to a local none HD savvy place for new tyres. I think this was part of the reason the belt went.

I will do the work myself now that I have some stands.

Yes I know but is coz I is fick :roll:

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009 09:25 

I've had no end of shit in my tyre around here in Edinburgh. There are 2x 3" long slashes in it from going over glass or something, and I've had a piece of glass sticking out and found the inside section of a biro stuck in it? Eventually just pulled it out after doing some measurements and thinking it probbaly hadn't gone all the way through the tread. Luckily it hadn't!

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009 00:41 
A grey tide eel

Got me too today on my supermoto, accelerating up a hill and thought something was up (if I had been on the XB I would have assumed the rear wheel bearings had gone again) Pulled over and the tyre was going down I had only gone 100 yards. Pulled out a 6cm metal spike out of it. Managed to ride 2 miles to a garage to put air in but as soon as it was going in it was coming out. Pushed it half a mile to Halfords and filled it full of tyreweld which got me the miles home.

My own fault really as I was phoning up getting a price for a new back tyre this morning.

Think the problem is lots of city commuting on the sumo so cutting to the front of traffic and going on the dirty sections of the road. But what a bummer as the front tyre is brand new so need to get a matching OEM rear which is almost the same as a matching set of continentals.

Piaggio X8 400ie
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere (x2)
Suzuki GSXR750WR
BSA B441VS
FJR1300