It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:24

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 19:07 

Current ride: MY2010 Buell XB12XT
Maz wrote:
Couple of weeks ago I ordered a tail lamp bracket and a sidestand for an S1.
Tail lamp bracket was back ordered as it was coming from the USA, 3-4 weeks delivery.
The sidestand was in stock at the EDC and would take 5-7 days.
When the stand didn't turn up, I decided to chase the order......
......geezer at the EDC has the stand in his hand but cant dispatch it because H-D have told him to skip it, along with the rest of the 'obsolete' Buell stock :x :headbang:

If you're reading this A.B.......why cant this 'obsolete' stock be purchased by groups such as UKBEG ??

Sorry for the delay in replying. I wanted to get the facts.

Maz states that this was for an S1.

We all know when the last S1 was made...so we are talking about a bike that is already more than 10 years old (not a really old bike, but equally not one that we have made in the last 10 years)

The sidestand- We havent sold ONE of them in the last 3 years...so our inventory management team as part of their normal job decided to have a clear out of non moving stock- this is a normal job that anyone needs to do. We are paying storage (its not our warehouse) based on the number of items we have in stock and to continue to do this when the parts havent been sold for at least 3 years means that we simply end up paying to store something which has no immediate commercial value.

Regarding on-going parts support- here is the situation as of today:-

We currently support 5300 different Buell parts. There has been no plan implemented to reduce this number, rather the opposite where folks in USA are working hard to keep support going.

Like all warehouses, on all products, and all brands, we periodically pull out the obsolete, none moving items, to make way for the new products as part of our normal cycles of inventory management.

To restate our previously advised position:-We remain committed to supply parts for Buell Motorcycles for 10 years from the date of the last new motorcycle sold ( there is still new stock in the European network so this clock has not yet started).

Also- as previously stated, we expect that during that period some component suppliers' contracts will reach their normal end. We will enter fresh contracts - however, its is possible that these companies may no longer be interested in having a contract with us ( due to reduced potential, lack of numbers etc) OR they may jack their price up significantly to compensate for the reduced volume. In this case, we are faced with two options- accept their revised price ( which gives our customers the parts they need but at a much higher price- not a great solution), or have to source another (untested) supplier who can meet our quality and durability standards (not a great solution either as they will take time to be set up- which means that customers may be faced with extended shipping times).

As all our contracts with component suppliers are for a fixed term to allow them to renegotiate price/delivery options, this is a reality that we are facing.

Finally- Maz, regarding your question about can UK Beg buy them.... obsolete stock may still have a value on our books... it may not be totally depreciated depending on when we bought the stock. In any event, there are taxes, duties and handling fees that we have to pay even if the part has no value (its not our warehouse and its governed by Belgian tax laws).

The warehouse is supported by a similar one in the US and between them, they supply 1100 dealers globally. There is nothing to stop any group like UKBeg deciding what they wanted to buy, getting a dealer to place the order and securing that global stock for UK owners.

As some forum members have already posted, other suppliers will step forward (AJS, Vincent, Rudge, Matchless, Velocette, Pre Bloor Triumph, BSA etc etc) so even after we stop officially supporting Buell with parts, I know others will be there ( I have an XB12XT).

As we go forward over the next 10 years, I dont want to continue to re-state the policy or the challenges that we are dealing with, so Admin, can you link any further questions comments to this post.

Please PM Me if you need me ( Maz - I am working on getting you that stand somehow)

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 19:55 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Maybe we should just lock it Ash....................any comments about it could be in a a totally seperate thread if people feel the need to respond.
And a big thanks to Alan for the info :yup:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 20:04 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
For chat about this subject see here ..

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8962

Post subject: Re: Outrageous
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2010 11:15 

Current ride: MY2010 Buell XB12XT
sirmarky wrote:
I was chatting to a couple of HD dealers in the US the other evening and they were receiving stock of 'accessories' from HD still.

A very mixed picture then.

Heres the situation for Europe. The 380 UK/european dealers were offered all Buell accessories and clothing at a massive discount in late November last year. The demand was so high that the entire stock was sold in 3 days (think feeding frienzy).

UK dealers still have some of that stock, plus they have access to a stock locator system which has all US dealers and 15 UK dealers actual stock (updated daily) shown on it.

In the US, they decided to do the same as the feeling was that once the bikes were sold, the demand for accessories and clothing would start to reduce- so striking whilst the iron was hot, all the accessories and clothing were sold.

The above is TOTALLY seperate to parts (which I define as being those parts fitted on the production line- so that includes all the wearing out parts and parts that you might damage in an accident) for which we have the forementioned 10 year support policy.

Finally, I mentioned that there are some brand new, unregistered bikes still in European dealer stock- if anyone is still looking for one, PM me and if I can help make someone happy, I will do what I can. (what am I volunteering for? :headbang: ) :D :D

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2013 20:42 
Site Admin

What say you now Mr. Brownridge.......looks like someone was telling you porkies :headbang:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2014 20:21 
Site Admin

Today I was told by BB that the primary case I need for a customers 07 STT is obsolete/NLA :shock:

.......is it 2017 already ?? :headbang: :roll:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017 10:09 

I hope you're not too surprised Maz. I worked with someone who encouraged his staff to lie, and if they got caught, lie some more to get out of it. Seems the way of the world nowadays.......

2004 Monster S4R
Wilier La Triestina

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017 13:09 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
Maz wrote:
.......is it 2017 already ?? :headbang: :roll:

Yes :P

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017 17:15 
Site Admin

Sidestand for a 2009 XB12XT NLA.......response from H-D was search for after market alternative !! :headbang:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017 18:28 

Current ride: X1 2001
:sad1:

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017 22:39 

Current ride: into the sunset
I understand that they are a business, and slow moving stock may be costing them more to store than they will ever make but as the owner of a 1994 Triumph I know there is a better way than scrapping it off. When Triumph want to clear some room in their stores they offer the stock to their dealers at ridiculously low prices which are then sold on to us old duffers running geriatric bikes. In the last couple of years I have picked up from Lings (my preferred dealer) : Fuel tank for £105 instead of £600, Main wiring harness £50 instead of about £400, front forks for £175 instead of £900 and the list goes on....

Its not making more spares available but at least they are not scrapping stuff off

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017 23:24 
Site Admin

As a group we tried to buy redundant stock from the EDC a couple of years ago before it went to landfill.....we were told that was not an option as the tax breaks far outweighed any inconvenience in selling it.......a shit load of very valuable parts (to Buell owners) was buried, including 2 items I had on order :headbang: :sad1:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 00:03 
Site Admin

Welcome to Buell ownership via H-D Mr. Gripperod......as you've recently discovered with your attempt to buy a pair of rear isolators !
So, Mr. H-D accountant is walking around the rented storage facility with his clip board and he says to the storeman ''what's these black things in this bin ?'' and the storeman replies ''they're LH isolators for Buells''......''and how many are there and what have we moved last year ?''.......''there's 800 in there and we sold 60 last year''........''right then, fuck 'em off to vintage''......''but theyr'e sold as pairs, should I send the RH side too ?''......the accountant ponders for a while and says ''no, we'll keep these as people always want to buy a pair but instead of selling them at $20 we'll sell them at $140 !''
Insert evil laugh :x

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 02:29 

Current ride: X1 2001
how about we get tony robinson & time team to dig the fucking spares up :coat:

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 07:56 

Current ride: into the sunset
Maz wrote:
So, Mr. H-D accountant is walking around the rented storage facility with his clip board :x

And that my friends is the nub of it! Triumph is not a Ltd company and doesn't have any shareholders, it is owned lock, stock and barrel by one man, John Bloor. And from what I can make out he is fiercely protective of his brand. Which means a couple of things; my brother got the infamous Sprag clutch repaired on his bike completely free of charge when it was 3 years past its warranty :dance: , and the accountants do as they are fucking told.......... :rotfl:

For what happens when you put the accountants in charge, please refer to the demise of the BSA empire..............